Jaxon Sinclair

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves

Jaxon Sinclair

Who had trusted him with a first year again?  

Jack had spent a great deal of time looking down at the parchment with the name Julian Banagher on it before he'd decided that no, this was not, in fact, some kind of really vivid dream (or nightmare, depending on the point-of-view) but that it was actually reality.  Someone had trusted him with a small, impressionable youngster and trusted that he would...not totally ruin him for the rest of his life.  Somehow.  He'd asked Maggie what to do about it and she had, in no nice sort of way, told him to flack off because she was too busy being ThirstyTM.  He didn't actually know what that meant, but she'd made a fist like she was going to punch him if he didn't bugger off, so he'd done just that.

Which meant that he'd been left alone to write a letter about babysitting to a child that he was supposed to babysit, informing him to meet him...somewhere...(an empty Charms classroom, maybe, if he were to judge by the things written on the board) because he had treats for him.  

That's what you did with kids, right?  You gave them heaps of sugar and then you pawned them off on someone else.  In this case, the Slytherin Prefects or Professor Wollice.  Jack would just...kindly bow out when the inevitable crash followed the sugar high the way that it did with his little brother.  

So he gathered up the snacks (all of them containing well above the recommended daily amount of sugar and the magical equivalent of high fructose corn syrup) and he'd piled them into a little green canvas knapsack with an animated snake on it.  Then he'd set off for the aforementioned classroom with a handful of more pertinent supplies...supplies that would, no doubt, help one Julian Banagher survive his first week in a house like Slytherin.  Once there, they would have a little teaching session on how to handle jerks, how to make the appropriate fist without breaking your fingers when you punched someone, and what to do when Professor Knaggs inevitably made you cry (and if Julian tried to claim that he hadn't, Jack would have defiantly called him a liar.)

"Right," he greeted when the boy made his way to the room.  "I'm Jack.  If you're not Julian, you can piss off.  If you are Julian, here, have some sugar."

Julian Banagher

His first week at school had, so far, involved three fights. He'd tried in vain to keep Leon and the rest of his roommates out of their dorm on the first night, and that had devolved into a fight. Then there was being dangled in front of the whole school by a Slytherin Prefect that seemed capable of getting away with literally everything, and who had broken his nose when he'd tried to fight back. And then, there was the fight with his cousin Hunter that had resulted in a howler from his mum.

But even though she was trying to stop him from getting into more fights, Julian was undeterred. He wanted nothing more than to get back at the royal sod of a Slytherin Prefect that was wandering around thinking that he had gotten the best of him. That he had made an idle threat against him, when in reality, Julian intended to do nothing of the sort. He wanted him to pay, and he was willing to seek out help from wherever he could find it.

One possible source of help was his mentor--Jaxon Sinclair. All he knew about Jaxon was that he was older than him, which definitely meant that at a bare minimum, he knew more magic, and maybe it even meant that he would have some valuable knowledge about the Prefect that he could then use to his advantage. 

"I am Julian, yeah," he nodded. The sugar was definitely appreciated. "I have a lot of questions." He probably had questions that he hadn't even thought of yet, too, but there was one that was at the top of his mind.

"What can you tell me about Killian Dracel?" 

Jaxon Sinclair

"Of course, you do," Jack agreed.  Everyone had questions after sorting.  Hogwarts, for all its prefects, Head students, Head professors, and various staff, could be disorienting and overwhelming, even for those among the student body that had grown up surrounded by magic.  Jack himself had spent the first night bailing on his prefects to hang out with his sister in the kitchens, eating cupcakes, and, as it were, the very topic of this conversation had been the topic of that conversation.

Or, at least, it had been part of it.

The third year's eyes widened behind his glasses and he adjusted them carefully.  Nobody had given them a how-to manual on dealing with the first years that had been assigned to them.  He'd just sort of...guessed and shown up with various treats to bribe the kid with, hoping he wanted tips on dueling, smooching, or how to avoid the hidden stairs on some of the staircases.  Hell, he'd have even taken explaining why a pubescent girl haunted the U bend in one of the toilets in the girls' bathroom.  Anything was better than the topic of Killian Dracel.

Jack coughed and sat down.  "Well," he began.  "I've never had a problem with Killian, but he teased my sister a lot when they were younger.  Why?  Did he do something to you?"  Because that would require revenge.  Jack was in no way capable of beating up a sixteen-year-old or trouncing him in the chamber.  He could beat him at chess, maybe, but that was hardly a dish served cold.

"Do we need to skip the survival guide and go straight to revenge?"

Julian Banagher

Julian had always been accustomed to being taller and stronger than most of his peers. He wasn't used to someone that he couldn't either literally or figuratively push around. Suffice to say, he'd never encountered someone like Killian Dracel, who had humiliated him, punched him in the face, and then more or less gotten away with it. 

Teasing sounded mild in comparison to what he'd received. "He strung up me, my best mate, and this other bloke--" He didn't really care about the injustice that Rivorn had suffered, but he definitely cared about what had happened to him (and to Dale to some extent too). "In the Great Hall. Lifted me right off my feet and then I couldn't move. He covered us all with mud and made us stay there, and then other people thought it was funny--"

And to be honest, he would have found it pretty funny too if it hadn't been happening to him at the time. 

"--covered us with food, and then...I'm lying right there, on the floor, and he stands over me and tells me that he can get away with anything," Julian paused to take a breath. "So I tried to punch the royal sod. It didn't really work. He broke my nose."

He grumbled under his breath at the memory. "Revenge," he said firmly. "It's gotta be part of the survival guide anyway, right? Even my dorm is a very....sleep with one eye open type of place." Surely his mentor's lessons would be applicable everywhere. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.