Molly Stone

We'll make you champions

Molly Stone

After their journey of the kitchens and an exciting game in the corridors, Kaleb and Molly decided, in whispers, the next place they wanted to take the first years. One of the most important places in the castle was the trophy room, and not only because Molly’s name was on two dueling tournament trophies, as well as the Gryffindor Quidditch one from her first year. She wasn’t going to brag about it—not in an obvious way, anyway, although if there was some means to nudge them forward...

She cleared her throat as she eyed the group of students. She made a side note that she’d work to learn their names eventually.

“This is the trophy room. It’s pretty self-explanatory: a place where they keep the trophies, for dueling and Quidditch and other events. I myself am a duelist, and I play Quidditch. They’re the best sports in the whole school.” Subtle, Molly. “Anyway, I do recommend getting a dueling mentor and dueling as much as possible - we’re not going to go to the dungeons today, but you’ll get your shot tomorrow.”

She turned to Kaleb in case he had anything to add. He was also a fan of dueling and Quidditch, which is why their foray to the trophy room made sense.

Kaleb Kennedy

When Molly mentioned that she wanted to take the First Years through the Trophy Room, Kaleb wondered what in the world she wanted to do in there. Sure, the two of them had Dueling Tournament trophies and names on the last Quidditch Cup, but what was her ultimate goal? Did she want to show off her accomplishments? That didn't seem like her. But it was definitely something that Kaleb would do.

"As you walk around, you'll notice a few names. Molly and I both have our names on a few trophies, just like a lot of the Gryffindors before us," Kaleb said while glancing around. His own father and mother had a few trophies in here from when they were students. Smiling slightly to himself, he turned his attention back to the First Years. "Please walk around and check out some of the trophies. I'm sure that all of you will end up with a trophy in here some day," Kaleb grinned.

Margarita Mendelssohn

While she had failed to pay much attention to, well, anyone around her up until that point the one word that was always guaranteed to grip her was dueling. Definitely a slight exaggeration to suggest such a thing, but the Mendelssohn family seemed to have inherited a gene which inspired great (and somewhat violent) duelists across generations. Margarita wanted to follow in their steps thus, when Molly revealed she was a duelist, the brunette immediately turned to her. Eyes wide as though she was seeing her in a different light.

“Can you teach us any spells?” The question was the loudest thing to leave her mouth the entire night, propelled by her passions. Margarita was not particularly bothered about trophies and the entire thing seemed rather self-indulgent, but if Molly was an expert duelist she wanted to know everything.

Kaleb Kennedy

Teach a spell? What a great coincidence. "We can definitely teach you a few spells, though it is important to note that dueling outside of the Dueling Chambers is strictly forbidden." Kaleb gave @Margarita Mendelssohn a sly wink afterwards as if to show that he wasn't a stickler for that rule. As a Prefect it was his duty to say it, but he wasn't going to go around taking house points away from people for that. Now if they were bullying someone, that was a different story.

"My favorite spell has to be the Sparkler Spell. It's pretty powerful," Kaleb added as a little fun fact.

Chaol Edevane

The trophy room was pretty cool, he supposed, but the conversation was far more interesting. "What other spells do you know?" he asked Kaleb. "Any fun ones we can learn?"

Molly Stone

When Kaleb mentioned Molly's dueling trophy, she tried to appear humble, as if her goal hadn't been for the firsties to know from the start, but truthfully, she was beaming internally. "I hope all of you will join the tournament this year, and strive to become dueling champions." It's what she would've wanted to hear first year. "And if anyone wants to duel with me, you have an open invitation."

"Of course I can," Molly assured @Margarita Mendelssohn, grinning. "Let's duel ASAP, and I'll help you become a brilliant duelist." When Kaleb mentioned that dueling outside of the chambers was forbidden, Molly made sure to crouch down and lower her voice to add to Margarita, "I won't tell if you don't, though." Molly was great at this whole Prefect Thing.

She then addressed @Chaol Edevane. "Sure, plenty of them. I would recommend learning the elementals first."

Chaol Edevane

"Why those?" he asked Prefect Molly. "Are they tougher to deal with in a duel?"

Astraea Wang
After the treasure hunt, Astra was exhausted. But the word 'mentor' was more than enough for the little girl to perk up. Yes, she definitely needed one of those. Or ten. But really, what better way to learn more about the castle than to ask somebody who had already been here for the last few years? And in all honesty, the books that she had been reading seemed awfully out of date and rather sparse in the details.

Fax Rocket

Fax was disappointed that he hadn't fount the map. It hadn't been for lack of trying. He'd probably looked in more places than the rest of his fellow first years combined due simply to the speed at which he always moved and then having doubled it due to the excitement of his first night at Hogwarts and all the sugar he'd consumed. The problem had been that he hadn't looked in very logical places. His disappointment didn't last long though and immediately upon entering, he had a million questions about the trophy room.

"Hey! It's shiny in here! Does someone have to polish all these? Oh, I bet it's those elf guys. What do you win trophies for? Can I win one? How come the people who won them didn't take them home? If I had a trophy, I'd take it home! Whoops!" Fax bounced around as he talked and his elbow hit and end trophy that tipped and took the next trophy down with it which knocked into the one beside it and so on and so forth in a domino effect across and entire shelf of trophies until they were all scattered at the boy's feet in a jumbled heap. "I don't think anything broke!" he announced, always optimistic.

Verity Doran

Even though losing the map hunt was a bummer, Verity was pretty darn pleased with the library book Molly had let her keep as a consolation prize.  Checking out the intricate diagrams for spells that were obviously way too advanced for her was a lot more fun than looking at trophies.

Okay, so, that was kind of a lie.  The real reason Verity didn’t wanna gawk at the trophies was cause she could already feel herself getting jealous of the people who’d won them.  It would be beyond cool to have her name on something in here, even if it was the world’s tiniest plaque that they awarded for, like, getting a spell right on your first try.  A dueling trophy would be even better, obviously.  Her name would look great on one.  And she’d take good care of it, too.  She’d polish it herself and visit every weekend and -

Yeeeah, she should probably stop getting all achievement obsessed.  Green wasn’t really her color.

Kaleb Kennedy

While Molly was fielding the questions about what spells to learn and whatnot, Kaleb chose to walk around the Trophy Room a bit. It had been a while since he was there, so he took the time to find the few trophies that did bear the Gryffindor's name. The fun thing, of course, was to see some of the many Gryffindors that came before him. Like Kaelyn and the few Quidditch trophies she had. And there was Addison and all of her dueling trophies. And look! There!

"That's my dad's name on that trophy!" Kaleb beamed proudly, as he nudged more like pushed @Verity Doran and @Fax Rocket towards it. It was really just them being closer than the others at the wrong time. "My dad was a Head Boy when he was in Gryffindor. And my mum was a Quidditch captain too, look at that name," Kaleb grinned as he pointed to the names.

Ben Kennedy.

Jade Tally.

Kaleb loved seeing his parents' legacy here at school and glad that he was starting to leave his own.

Alec Potter

The prefects boasted about their dueling tournament trophies, but it only served again to remind Alec that he wished Sonny was here. His brother had won trophies as well, hadn't he? Except ... none of the ones with the more recent years had his name. That was when Alec remembered. The trophies weren't Sonny Potter's, they were Drake Archwood's. Which meant Alec couldn't brag about his own brother's success, either, nor use it to try to remind the prefects that they weren't the only ones at Hogwarts who were special.

In taking a look around, he did find names of other relatives too. His mother and his aunts on a Quidditch trophy - they'd all won a cup together, once - and another one of his aunts on a dueling trophy. But unlike Kaleb, Alec didn't need to point this out to everyone. He simply gazed proudly at it, though the moment was also a bit bittersweet. Alec wanted to join his family in here someday ... so why didn't Sonny want to be a part of it? 

Fax Rocket

When Fax's body and attention were suddenly directed toward a particular trophy by Kaleb, he didn't resist. Due to his short attention span and propensity for wandering off, his own father often steered him forcefully by the back of his shirt collar, so he was used to this sort of thing. Anyway, he was perfectly willing to leave the knocked-over pile of trophies he'd been trying to set back up. Hopefully someone else would take care of them.

"Hey cool!" he exclaimed to the prefect. "My dad won't be in here anywhere, he's a muggle, but maybe my Mum? She didn't say anything about trophies. She was a Hufflepuff!"

Edited by Fax Rocket

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.