Harmony Granger-Weasley

Trip a little light fantastic.

Harmony Granger-Weasley

The previous day was the last day that Harmony spent with her father for the summer. He had to return to a long-term work assignment that made him go all the way out to France for a few days. Unfortunately Harmony wasn't old enough to come with him (as much as she'd love to see Paris) and she had school supplies to get for the upcoming year, so that meant it was time to be dropped off at the Potter's house to spend some time with her relatives. Harmony wasn't complaining. While it would've been nice to do Diagon Alley shopping with Da, she wasn't a first year anymore and could handle shopping with others. Hopefully being older also meant that her and Avery were old enough to do some shopping on their own! 

Their scheme began after dinner, and then continued onto the next morning. When the moment of truth finally came, they were indeed successful in their request to shop on their own. Harmony and Avery were on their own, at least to meet Avery's parents later on in the Magical Menagerie. Harmony felt so grown-up. She had some galleons in her pocket that were burning a hole in her pocket, so she really wanted to go and check out the latest in cat accessories for Jean. Not that she needed

"Isn't this great, Avery? I swear we're old enough to shop on our own." Harmony chimed to her cousin. "They don't need us hovering around while Alec gets his first school supplies." Harmony looked around for the Magical Menagerie, and spotted it a few doors up ahead. "There, we're here! This is so exciting!"

Avery Potter

Avery was more than happy that Harmony was able to spend time with her. Whilst she adored Amelia, her little sister was at times too young and just wanted to play games. The soon-to-be-third-year knew that another female figure in her home would be good even if it was only for a little while. It almost meant that they were able to wrack their brains together to come up with the best plan to “ditch the dodo”.

Galleons jangled around her pocket, as she followed Harmony with a small smile. She needed to obtain some owl pellets for Ceres, knowing that her parents trusted her enough to go alone meant a lot too her. She was now thirteen years old. She was an official teenager – surely that meant something.

“Yes! It’s wonderful.” Avery said to Harmony. “I mean, we’ve both lived through our first-year supply run. I think that my brother should be able to experience his without me there.”

It also would not be the best time spent. Waiting around for robe fittings, for book buying, for first wands. She had her own pear wand, she did not desire another. As Avery looked towards the menagerie, she saw a sign that pointed elsewhere nearby, and a idea formulated.

“Wanna go and check what is up there…” she said, pointing a little. “We can come back here straight after. I think they are going to be ages with Alec.”

Explore. Return. Buy.

No one would ever know.

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Adventure was calling her name, through a mysterious sign that Avery was pointing at. Possibly leading to more shops in Diagon Alley that she hadn't been to before. That would be AWESOME. She turned to Avery. 

"I mean, you can have multiple wand attempts before you find a wand you're good with. Don't get me started on robe shopping!" Harmony hated being pricked and pinned by the seamstress at Madam Malkin's. "I think if we left now, and be back in like, ten, fifteen minutes tops they wouldn't even notice we're gone. Let's go!" Harmony made her way towards the unknown area with Avery. She looked behind her, the Magical Menagerie had gone off in the distance, but she still remembered her way back. She was twelve, after all, and had just completed her first real finals. Surely they could remember a few stores along the way to the Magical Menagerie. 

The pair weaved their way past the sign, failing to notice that their surroundings had gotten a bit darker. "Oooh, I wonder what's up here." Harmony said, pointing towards a winding area with more little shops. "Maybe they'll have more specialized stores. Like a cat store. I would love to have a store with just cat items in it." Yes, a cat store would be nice. There were too many owls and toads in the Magical Menagerie and not enough I love my cat sweaters in her opinion.

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Avery Potter

“Right? It took me a couple of times to get my pear wand!” Avery replied, as she wished she had brought her wand along. Even though she was unable to use magic in the summer she felt lost without it being there. She wondered how long it would take Alec to purchase his, pleased she didn’t need to wait around for it to occur. As her attention was drawn to Harmony’s comment about timing she nodded frantically in agreement.

“Exactly! Think of it as a learning experience. We need to explore for the time we are deemed old enough to come here without any parents at all. We need to know where the best stores are to get bargains.”

It made a lot of sense to the almost-third year. They wouldn’t be gone for that long, she wouldn’t even have to tell her parents they were going for they were sticking to the plan. They would eventually end up at the Magical Menagerie. It just so happened there would be a slight detour before they got there.

“Maybe even a flower shop. So, I can get some pretty flowers to press in my scrap book, and to make flower chains.”

Yes.

Avery walked closer towards the row she had never been down before. She took not notice of the name of the alley, believing it was just a continuation of Diagon. What could possibly go wrong?

have my 1150 post :3