Aggie Price

Wherewolf? There wolf?

Aggie Price

Aggie wondered what River wanted to talk to her about after the meeting in the prefects' compartment but did not dwell on it.  She figured that either he wanted to make sure everything was in order for their tour for the first years or he wanted to inform her he was not planning to join in and let her have to deal with it.  If it were the former, she'd assure her partner everything was ready and she'd be doing her fair share.  If it was the latter, she had a few other words for him that would make it clear he was going on the tour with her even if she had to drag his tail out of the Great Hall.  Whatever it was, Aggie was about to find out as she and River left the compartment and began to walk through the train making sure all was well and no one was having (or causing) any problems.

"So, what did you want to -- Oi!  Don't be throwing anything at anyone!" she stopped to tell a first year.   Then, picking up where she had left off, " -- talk to me about?"

River Wolfe

Ushering himself and Aggie to the hall, it was now or never. Of course, not realizing how crowded the hall was, until Aggie had yelled at a first year, River took Aggie’s hand and began to lead her once more.  Trying to find somewhere quiet and more secluded he began to give up hope until he found a rather empty booth.  Barging inside with Aggie still connected by his hand, he gave the first years a serious look before speaking.

”I’m commondering this booth.  Official Prefect business!”

Shooing the new first years out, River looked to his classmate and started to become pale, was he about to do this?

”So um,”

He began to speak,

”So this summer, I um, spent the break at St Mungos.”

He continued to beat around the bush.

Aggie Price

Aggie was not quite expecting River to take her hand.  She definitely was not expecting River to commandeer a compartment for a private conversation.  Oh no!  "Um...  You're ....  "  Aggie didn't dislike River.  Aggie just didn't "like" River.  Not that way.  This was going to be horrible.  They were going to have to work together for three years and on the first day she was about to du. . .

Ohhhhh!  That wasn't why he wanted to talk to her.  Insert one sigh of relief here.

"So you wanted to tell me you had a summer job?" she asked, wondering why it was so important to tell her he managed to do some work over the summer?  Wait!  Did he mean as a patient?  "Oh no," she said firmly.  "You are not going to spend the next three years sticking all your patrols on me because you're 'having a relapse' and claiming to be sick?"  

Yep, Aggie was quick on her feet.

River Wolfe

He began regain some color in his cheeks as he looked down to her, he wasn’t too anxious to tell as so far the only people who knew about his condition was the Headmistress and a few select Professors.

”What?  No... Er sort of, I just...”

he didnt mnow what to say, how could he say it?

”Maybe I should just show you?”

He whispered under his breath and he began to lift his shirt.  Revealing his torso, River turned to his shoes showing a massive scar.  

“Over the summer, I was... I was bit.. By,  by a werewolf.”

Aggie Price

Okay, first he denies it and then 'sort of'?  Aggie was sure of it.  River was going to try to skip out of patrols and double hers up.  She wondered if she needed to pull out her 'new friend' to convince him he was going to pull his fair share.  "Show me?" she asked, as it seemed there was a lot more to it and noticed that River got much quieter.

"Bit?" she repeated as she waited for him to pull up his shirt enough to show the scar he now bore.  "Oh," she said, quietly.  "I'd say I'm sorry but that wouldn't really reverse it all for you, would it?" she asked.  Aggie may be late coming to magic but she understood what being bit by a werewolf meant.  Aggie also had a way of dealing with things that was basically very simple.  Whatever you were -- race, color, creed, lifestyles, species, whatever -- it was how you acted and behaved towards others that made a difference.  "Soooooooo, basically you're going to have Pre-Moon Syndrome once a month?  Still house-broken, right?"

River Wolfe

feeling as if he didn’t need to lift his shirt, River looked to Aggie as her face softened.  Expecting her to scream bloody murder, the prefect was a bit appreciative that she did no such thing.

”Yeah, only you and a few professors knows about this so please keep it quiet.  Not even Ethan knows and he’s my brother!”

Which somehow Ethan was also Head Boy but this was on a need to know basis and thankfully Ethan was not on that short list of people.

”Look, this isn’t a Joke-“

He paused before hearing the second part of Aggies question.  Trying to keep a stern face while also trying to hide his giggles, River looked to Aggie once more.

”I’m trusting you with this information.  Please, don’t say anything, ok?”

Aggie Price

"Darn, there goes my chance to score big with an exclusive to the papers," she jokingly said.  Which was Aggie's way of assuring River she'd keep his secret.  "Which professors?" she asked, because, obviously, if she needed to get help for River for any reason, she needed to make sure it was a professor who was aware of what was going on and not one who was going to do more harm than good.  "And what else do I need to be aware of?"  Aggie was nothing of not practical.

While Aggie's mind was in overdrive, processing all that she had just discovered in a very few short minutes, something River said at the end suddenly clicked.  "HUH?"  The fifth year blinked.  "HUHHHHHHHH?" she said again.  Yes, folks.  Aggie was more shocked to learn her adopted brother had a brother.  

River may have tried to keep a stern face but Aggie could tell he was working at it.  "I know it is not a joke but I guess it is what I do when I'm shocked, frightened, or whatever.  I make weird comments.  And face it," she added with a tiny grin, "You will be PMS sometimes.  Welcome to our world."

"I won't," she promised again.  "But you'll have to kind of help me out with how I can help you," she told him.  "It's not like the library has a book on 'The Proper Care of Your Resident Werewolf' or 'Werewolves for Dummies'."

Dove Lightwood

meanwhile, outside the compartment...

“…over the summer I was…. I was bit… by a werewolf…”

Dove Lightwood had always striven to cause misery to those who were beneath her. It had been that way since she was a child, learning her place within the world. She had always been the apple of her fathers eyes, the most important person in the world to her younger sister and more recently the person whom Idina had chosen. There was nothing better than her ability to find those who were worthless and flaunt her own perfect life.

She had returned towards the prefect compartment in order to find @Ethan Smith, in the hope she would be able to give him a little more abuse. Instead it seemed she had intercepted a personal conversation between the two newest Ravenclaw prefects. She remained in the shadows, ensuring that her breathing stayed quiet and her presence was not seen. The two continued their conversation as a plan formulated within her mind.

The opportunity could not be any more perfect.

She never forgot when someone went against her. She had not forgotten the destruction River had caused her clothing in the previous year. She had been looked at a way to increase the misery within his life for her own pleasure. He did not know, but River had just provided her with the best source of ammunition and focus for her pent-up anger. She was going to ensure that he felt nothing but insecurity and panic throughout the year.

Dove had boarded the train believing that her final year would be a bust. Now? As Dove’s lips formed into the most wicked of smirks, her mind race. It seemed that she would have a project for her final year. A chance to show River that he truly was worthless – all while deciding when to make her big reveal.

The moral of the story?

Never allow Dove Lightwood to overhear a private conversation.