Sign in to follow this  
Anubis Saint Germain

Watching them kids, they're living in a fable

Anubis Saint Germain

Anubis was...overwhelmed. Yes, overwhelmed was about the only thing he could think about. After all, he'd just learned that magic was real and there was more to it than that. He wasn't even sure what his plans were at this moment. He could do something, sure. But he found himself almost at a loss of what he needed to do. Maybe they should have provided him with more information before setting him loose in the wizarding world.

Get a wand. Right? That was the first step. But that seemed scary. So instead he was looking at everyone and watching everything. Maybe that would be better. He could always just sort of mimic the people around him? Everyone seemed to be rushing this way and that way. And he was just sort of being pushed around. Maybe it was something he'd think about later. For now, he was mostly people watching while he tried to get his head on straight about what he was going to do about everything.

Pine Tree

Pine was sick and tired of going to Diagon Alley and having to find the right shoes and uniform for Hogwarts. He didn’t give any cares about finding the right things. It wasn’t like he was going to wear them, sure his parents and brother might have thought that he was going to wear the items but he knew that he wasn’t going to So knowing that he had to follow them,Pine was hoping that something else would find his mind better than walking around. 

As he was walking he was just looking at the ground and knowing that this was boring and maybe there would be something on the ground that could make this better. 

Since he was looking at the ground he didn’t noticed that he ran right into someone. This was something that wouldn’t happen in the forest, since it was huge and there was so many of them and they had free space. This place was huge and he hated it. “Sorry, I don’t like this place, there is way to many people here.” Pine said to the boy that he ran into and looked up and noticed that his parents were so far ahead now that he would just stay here.

Anubis Saint Germain

Ani hadn't really been paying the best attention. Instead, he was wide eyed staring at everything. Shouldn't he have an adult with him? Or two? How had he been allowed to do something on his own? There were new words being stated around him. Magic was real. Even though he kept telling himself that, it just didn't seem real. There had to be a lie somewhere. This was a new show where people got his hopes up and then destroyed them.

But at the same time, he doubted it. He wanted to believe and so he was going to believe. Even when someone crashed into him, he wasn't angry or anything. Instead he looked at the other boy. "Oh it's okay! I don't know this place, so I could have easily walked into you." Not that he'd been moving at this moment, but he didn't want to blame the other boy. "It's a lot around here." Right. Talking and being normal, so he didn't know what to do. "I'm Anubis, by the way." Did he offer his hand? Did he not? What was he supposed to do right now?

Pine Tree

Knowing that this was the world he was supposed to have grown up in, but he was living in a forest and just did what he wanted to do. His parents never took him out that much at all, beside now since they had to get their things for school and Pine and Box were trying for the longest time to make sure that was not something their parents found, but he knew that it wasn’t something they were able to hide for that long at all. 

The boy was saying that it could have been something that was his fault. 

“This place is a little too much for me. Too many people and not enough space.” He hated it so much, he wanted to be back in his open forest. “There is a lot here, a lot of things that I don’t care about at all, things that are just annoying.” He smiled as he was talking to this boy that he didn’t know. “Pine, that is me, and yes that is my real name.” He was used to people asking him if that was his real name or not.

Anubis Saint Germain

Not enough space? It made sense, he figured. Although really he wasn't sure. "Is all of the wizarding world this busy?" It seemed like a huge shopping mall or something. There were people everywhere and they were just so sure of themselves. Maybe if he was around more, he would get to be that way as well. But for right now, he just needed to learn how to....survive? He wasn't even sure what he needed to learn to do.

Without thinking, he found himself wanting to reach and hold the other male's hand. Maybe something like how he usually held his mom's so he wouldn't be lost. "It's a nice name. And it's not like I've got a lot of room when it comes to names." Anubis was the name of a god, but he didn't know much about it. His parents had been in love with it and thus they went along with it without any trouble. "Isn't that supposed to be the fun of being magical?" All the books gave wizards weird names, so he wanted to believe this was normal.

Pine Tree

Pine wanted his forest again, he wanted to feel safe in a place that he knew, this was not a place that he knew at all, he felt like he was lost and he was the magical child that knew about this world, or was supposed to know about it and yet here he was lost as he could be and not knowing where his parents went. Not like it was something that he worried about. Knowing that they would come find him as soon as the figure he got left. It just took some time, they had so many kids so it was not strange to get lost. 

“Just people think my name is odd, that I am named after a tree, and my last name being Tree.” It was just an odd combination that was out there and knowing that his new friend name was different also. “Also here take this.” He said reaching into his pocket and took out a pine needle and handed it to Anubis. 

Pine just hoped that he would think it was strange. 

“I don’t know, I have been magical my whole life. Yet I still have no clue what I am doing.” He laughed, thinking of the times when he finally had magic happening around him and he almost set his room on fire. Those were fun times.

Anubis Saint Germain

"That's bloody brilliant!" His eyes lit up while he looked at the other boy. Pine Tree? That was so great. It actually flowed and made sense. Anubis was more than fine with it. "Mine's just Anubis Saint Germain. So yours at least sounds awesome." His was just a lot of words. And being given a pine needle was awesome. He wanted to keep it forever. It probably had magic and wonder in it. He took it and almost wanted to hold it forever. "Thank you."

This was just the best thing. He'd started off feeling so out of place and scared. And already he was feeling better. He'd just hold onto his friendship. "Well, that makes two of us." Although he wasn't sure about it. He'd never been around magic. But unless magic worked like a radio active spider bite, he had always been a wizard. It just wasn't in his family. "Although not fully. This is my first time seeing magic." And seeing people do magic in the streets without thinking was just...so odd.

Pine Tree

Someone liked his name, that was not the first time, but he was also not someone that was making fun of his name and that was something that Pine liked about this boy already. It made him smile. “That is not horrible, I didn’t even tell you my middle name.” He wondered if the boy was going to ask him. Also he took a pine needle and said thank you. Things were looking good with this boy.

Pine knew that he was magical but he was going to be like everyone else, getting his wand for the first time and doing magic the ‘proper’ way for the first time. “It will be cool, my mum and dad use at home and there are some super cool spells. There is one that my dad’s uses on us when we are playing outside and makes us trip over thin air.” 

It was something he wanted to know how to do. 

Only to be able to get back at his father, at some point in his wizarding life, he just hoped that he would be able to do that. 

Anubis Saint Germain

Right. Middle names! Honestly Anubis had totally forgotten about those. "My parents didn't give me one. They said my name was already going to be a mouthful to say, so why add to it?" And he laughed at it. It did make sense. After all, his last name was techincally two words, so he would rather just go ahead with being known as Ani or Anubis. "What is your middle name? I bet it's something awesome." Because Pine was a great first name. He had to have an awesome middle one as well.

"That sounds like so much fun! Do you think we'll learn how to do that?" There were so many things Ani wanted to learn to do and he wasn't even sure if it was possible or not. He wanted to just push forward and see what new things he could learn. No matter what, life was going to be excellent. There had to be hundreds of new things they'd learn and he was more then excited to see what this new life brought him.

But also, Pine knew some magical things. "Do you think Hogwarts is going to be fun?"

Pine Tree

There it was the middle name question, he didn’t think telling many people what his middle name is “You’re name is pretty long with not having a middle name. Mine is Cone.” He laughed, he loved his name but knew that some people thought it was strange. 

Pine Cone Tree  was his name. He loved his name and wouldn’t change it for the world. Not knowing why people

wojldnt find his name awesome. 

“I hope we will be able to learn spells like that. My mum said it is starts with simple things. Things that won’t be that hard for us.” Maybe it would be something useful but it wasn’t like Pine was going to know anything at all. He was new tk learning magic just like anyone else.

”if they have a forest it will be for me. That’s where I want to live, not in some house they sort me into.” He didn’t care what house he was in at all. He just wanted to live in a forest like he did at home. 

Anubis Saint Germain

"Pine Cone Tree?" It took Ani a beat or two in order to think about it. "Dude. If you decided you didn't want to go by Pine, you still have an awesome name to go by." He could decide he wanted to be called Cone instead, although maybe that sounded like an insult and Ani wouldn't there should be an insult about this guy. Pine was utterly amazing, now they were talking.

Simple spells. "I guess I can understand that. If we start simple, it will be easier to get into things in the long run." Or at least, that was his assumption of the whole thing. "But I'm sure we can figure out more things. We can start a study group and make it go better." He wanted to learn as much as he could in order to try to figure out things.

He wanted to live in the forest? "We get sorted?" So there was a chance he wouldn't just stay with Pine? But Pine was now his best friend and he didn't want to be separated.

Pine Tree

Always telling people his whole name, he never once cared what anyone was to say about his name he loved it so much. “I love being called Pine, it is my name. Just when people hear the last name they think it is so strange.” Since he was named after a tree, and still it was something he didn’t care about, it was his name and he loved it and wouldn’t ask for something more normal. 

“A study group? That wouldn’t be horrible. Let’s first make sure we get the simple spells down and then we shall try something new.” It would be fun to try and learn harder spells and become better than anyone in their grade. “I want to learn elements, I read or heard, I can’t remember. That you can make lighting and fire with spells.” That was something he would love to do in his spare time. 

“Have you read anything about Hogwarts?” Pine wanted to know because it seemed lie he didn’t know about getting sorted at all which was something that Pine thought was just strange, even some of the muggle born people he talked to knew about being sorted into houses at the castle.

Anubis Saint Germain

"I think Pine is a brilliant name. And at least you won't have a weird thing in class where the teacher calls on you, but it could be like three other people in the classroom." Ideally Anubis's thought made sense to the other male. Because it made sense in his brain. Ani also had a name that wasn't too familiar. If there was another Anubis in their class, he'd be surprised.

And thankfully Pine was fine with everything he'd stated so far. A study group would be wicked. "There are elements? Oh we have to learn that. Is there like...dueling or fencing or something?" Maybe he should have gone to that classroom thing that he'd been offered. They might talk to other things about the school. But Pine knew everything so he was fine with that.

And had he read anything about the school? "No. I had not read anything about it. I know I should. But I just...haven't." So the whole thing when it came to the school, he was at a loss.