Sign in to follow this  
Harmony Granger-Weasley

The best kept secrets

Harmony Granger-Weasley

The evening was quiet in this corridor. It was hidden deep in the castle, away from all the crowds and traffic of busy students. A few portraits adorned the end of the hallway, a painting of a snowy owl flying over Hogwarts and an elderly gentleman napping in a bed. Harmony was seated below the gentleman, for one she preferred the view of the snowy owl, and she never really knew if the gentleman was actually awake and just fake sleeping, which would be rather creepy if she thought about it too hard.  

A pile of books sprawled out over the ground. Jean was curled in her lap. Meanwhile, Harmony soaked in everything she could for the next week's lessons so she wouldn't actually fall behind in class. Nobody knew that she had inherited Hermione's genius, other than her family, and she intended to keep it that way. She didn't need the rest of the class asking her to look over their papers, or constant study requests. She wasn't going to tutor her peers or do anything like that. Harmony wasn't the class nerd, and she didn't want to be seen as one. Yet, here she was, studying to make sure that she actually knew materials in class. She couldn't fail her classes, of course that wouldn't look good. She was a Granger-Weasley, granddaughter of the Minister! If she failed a class, Merlin forbid, it would bring a giant public shame on their entire family. Not that she would anyways, the material was simple enough, but it put a real damper on her attempts to not look like a genius to her peers.

Harmony borrowed a second year's Charms book for fun to see what was in store for the next year in the subject. She already worked her way through the first year curriculum, and was looking for the next challenge, which for this time was the engorgement charm. Her subject, a cat collar that had grown too small for Jean, who was now absolutely massive and still growing. Pointing her wand in the direction of the collar, she focused on what she read in the book. "Engorgio!" 

Unlike her intended consequence, Harmony ended up with a collar that was bigger than her own head. Great. How was she going to lug this across Hogwarts without being caught? As she was worrying, she failed to notice her cousin Desmond walking down the hallway. When he appeared in front of her, she was startled. 

"Oh Merlin. Des, you scared me. Don't come up on me like that!"

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Desmond Potter

If anyone he knew would see him in the library, he would lie and say that he was doing a prank there. Since he didn’t need anyone to know that he was in the library to actually looking for some books to read for the upcoming OWLs. He grabbed his book and walked out and was trying to find a place to hide and read. He was not able to do it in the common room because to many people would see him there and would make fun of him. 

He was worried that he was going to fail fifth year and be left alone with people that he wasn’t friends with. Knowing that was not something he wanted to happen. But where was he going to hide and read the books about potions and herbology. It was scary to think that someone would be to see the sleepy boy read because he was worried. 

He wasn’t even telling his girlfriend that he was doing that. 

This was something that he needed to do alone, when he found an area he was not expecting someone to be there at all, and it was someone that he knew for sure. “Harmony what are you doing sitting here alone.” He asked as he walked towards her. Making sure that no one had followed him. 

“I was just trying to find a place to be alone so no one would see me actually trying to be ready for these OWLs.” That was the scariest thing in the world, not the OWLs just the fact that someone was able to catch him. He made a name for himself and after five years he couldn’t let that go. 

This was the point where he didn’t care if people though he moved to sixth year because he was a Potter, he was used to that and people believing that so he didn’t care anymore. “Mind if I join you.” It was the perfect hiding spot for a Potter and Granger-Weasley.

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Des asked her what she was doing. So, Harmony responded in the only way that Harmony could when caught. 

"Uh... nothing! Nothing at all! Definitely not studying ahead to be prepared for next year, come, sit."

Harmony scrambled to get the giant cat collar to her side, hopefully Desmond wouldn't care too much that she messed up on a spell that was a bit advanced for her. She picked up a few of her books to make room for him to sit down next to her. It was surprising to hear that he was having trouble finding a place to study for his OWLs away from the prying eyes of others. That was pretty much the exact same thing she was doing.

"I totally get it. Nobody in my year actually knows I'm smarter than they are. I intend to keep it that way." Harmony confessed. "It's getting harder to hide it. This is just one of the many spots I go to in order to study away from others. If they saw me attempting a second year spell, well, I'd be labeled as a nerd, and I don't want to be seen being exactly like Gran, y'know?"  

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.