Vixen Van Hayden

Enjoy the Ride

Vixen Van Hayden

Vixen Van Hayden was not a worrier. She liked to go with the flow of things, let fate take the wheel, close her eyes, and spin in a circle, on the wheel of life, with no control over where she would end up next. Life was too short for stress. It was simply better to let whatever was going to happen, happen. Same thing applied for the sorting ceremony, and her whole Hogwarts life after that. If she was destined for Slytherin... Great!  Gryffindor... so be it, and if she was destined for Hufflepuff... Well, then she would have to swallow her word's, and WEAR that horrendous mustard yellow colored robe with pride, wouldn't she? The point was, she wasn't all too bothered where she ended up, really. As long as she got to learn magic and make friends then did it really even matter to which house she belonged? 

To some it did more than others. Her her parents were part of that 'some'

Navigating her small doll like frame through the carriageway with ease, Vixen found an empty carriage. Spotting another student across the crowded hall spot the same one, she quickly scampered with her bags to the door and nimbly pulled herself inside, closing the door just in time to see the boys face fall in disappointment on the other side of the glass, she bobbed out her tongue playfully and made a small cheer of victory as he wandered off. Then she placed her luggage in the shelving units provided and took her seat. 

Noticing a tiny chip to her red nail polish, she took a small bottle from her pocket and began to touch up the edges where the paint had flaked, then an unexpected knock at the door caused her to jump. Vix painted red across her fingers from the fright and sighed. Grabbing a napkin from her opposite pocket she dampened the edge on the end of her tongue and proceeded to idly mop it up. 

"Hello. I'm Vixen, what's you're name?She greeted the guest at the compartment door with a friendly smile.

Edited by Vixen Van Hayden

Serena Sinnet

Wanting to stretch her legs in order to make her journey to Hogwarts more comfortable, Serena found herself outside of her previous compartment and wandering around, staring at older students, following the old lady with the trolley, watching the trees and entire forests pass by in the blink of an eye. She had never visited Hogsmeade before. The wizards village near Hogwarts. She kept asking herself why? But a satisfactory answer never popped up. 

With this and that, she found herself staring at another girl that was painting her nails. Gosh! That's what she forgot! Serena's favorite color was baby cherry by Unicorn Paint, safe for kids nail polish non toxic and all that. It was the most awesome cherry color ever. She had a thing for cherries and her favorite tree was the cherry tree. That's why she wanted to visit Japan one day. Never mind....

She opened the door to get inside. Everything happened faster than expected and the girl even though nail polish was all over her fingers and not just her nails, she managed to greet her. "Uhm...." Serena froze.

Yay...way to look awkward Serena, job well done. 

"Hi, i am Serena." She managed to open her mouth and say four words at last. 

"Sorry if i scared you. Lovely color. Do you have more?"

Vixen Van Hayden

The girl who stood at the compartment door was a girl of around the same age as Vixen. There was an awkward pause as the looked on at her vacantly. Shuffling across Vix made space for the girl to take a seat, then as she was about to offer it, the girl finally spoke up introducing herself as Serena. 

"Would you like to join me, Serena?" She said kindly, patting the empty seat beside her. It was always nice to make new friends - after all if she was a first year then they would be spending the next seven years at the castle together, so it was best they became better acquainted, sooner rather than later. 

"No, I guess I just didn't expect anyone to come by so soon. It's fine." She reassured the Serena as she placed the handkerchief back into her pocket. 

'A girl after her own heart' Vix thought, as she asked about the nail polish she had been applying. A lot of people thought she was too young to play with clothes, make up and nail polish. Vixen however, did not. She had been playing with her mothers make up sets and playing dress up with her things from as young as she could remember. Her mother had got so tired with fighting her on it that in the end she had simply given in and bought her, her very own collection (she was actually becoming rather good at it now).

"Thank you, It's Regal Red from the Magic Pop Color Collection." She grinned, pulling out her bag from underneath her seat to fish out some other shades she had acquired for her last birthday. "I also have these... This one is Mystic Ocean. It's sparkly!" Vixen said, taking out a small blue vial and placing it next to her red one, the silver sparkles glistening amongst the deep blue liquid as she sat it down. "... And these two are Bubblegum Pink and Glamour Gold."

"Use any you like, I don't mind." She offered with a wink. "Were friend's now, right?"

Serena Sinnet

Serena wasn't the type of child that befriended everyone on the spot. No unlike her mother - God bless her heart - she had a hard time trusting people. She was always a bit suspicious of their behavior. 

"Cool name by the way. Are your parents animal enthusiasts?" she said before silently accepting the girl's offer to sit by her side. Honestly, this was better than the previous compartment. At least...now she had someone to exchange a few words of wisdom. "Yeah, i was walking around. There is a lot to watch... a lot of people playing prank on each other. I am not really sure if it's safe... but we are in a train that goes to the school, so i guess staff members are on board as well." 

Serena's attention got shifted towards the bottles with the color. "Oh these are lovely! I think i will try the Mystic Ocean! I love the green and the blue combine. Plus you can't say no to sparkles. Right?" Her hands were already holding the small bottle with the blue/green liquid in it. She knew that this was too easy. Wayyyyy to easy. She knew that some people shared all of their belongings with other people, but.... she never thought she will find such a person on her 2nd try. 

Vixen's question made Serena cough. "What?" In her mind, becoming friends with someone meant a whole lot more than simply sharing a nail polish. Could she go on declining the girl's offer? Was it something on her best interest right now? Starting a school year, away from mom and dad in a castle somewhere in Scotland, especially when magic was involved? Serena thought best to say yes. "Of course, we are! You just helped me make my nails pretty and right on time may i say! A few hours away from the Sorting Ceremony!" she gave Vixen a smile. It wasn't a true one though. The wrinkles around her eyes didn't pop up like they do when you truly smile. It was a courtesy smile and inside her head, red lights popped. She had to be wary of this girl.

Vixen Van Hayden

Vixen had to fight back a giggle. Her parents were possibly the furthest thing from animal enthusiasts that ever lived. There was a strict no pet policy at Van Hayden manor, unfortunately. That was why she was so pleased to hear that Hogwarts allowed them. She had always wanted a kitten. Vixen's name had been bestowed by her mother, due to the fact, Vix was born with a beautiful mop of deep red hair. Her fathers nickname for her had always been 'little fox'. 

"Thank you and no, not really. My mother chose it cause of my hair color, I think. Apparently I was born with a full head of hair." Vixen smiled, playing with a strand of it, before neatly tucking it behind her ear. 

Hearing about the pranks going on outside the carriage her green orbs flickered towards the door, in a bid to see the mischief for herself. She was sure that whatever was going on outside would be fine, as like she had said there were surely prefect's or professors aboard keeping a watchful eye. And if not, then she knew how to stand up for herself, she may have seemed nice enough, but this fox had some hidden fire.

"Oh these are lovely! I think i will try the Mystic Ocean! I love the green and the blue combine. Plus you can't say no to sparkles. Right?"

"That color will look so pretty on you, and It's one of my fave's! and your soo right about the sparkles." She smiled softly, before offering she help herself to any of the bottles as they were friends now, of course what she meant by that was they were at least acquainted, she just had super nice ways of addressing people she had an interest in. And anyone who knew about sparkly nail polish was all good in her books, but with how fickle Vix could be, they could have very well ended up enemies by the time they reached the castle. 

"Of course, we are! You just helped me make my nails pretty and right on time may i say! A few hours away from the Sorting Ceremony!"

"Cool." Searching the girls eyes for some sign of true alliance and finding none, she smiled. Perhaps they had more in common than a love of nail polish. Softening her tone she continued "I know, right! It's crazy to think that in a few hours time we will be fully fledged first year's! Are you excited!?" 

"Which house do you think you will be sorted into?"

It was cliche as hell, but she was curious.

Edited by Vixen Van Hayden