Ezmeralda de la Renta

cheater, cheater pumpkin eater

Ezmeralda de la Renta

It was truly empowering to realize Ezmeralda de la Renta was, in fact, the smartest Ravenclaw to ever walk the Hogwarts' corridors. Imagine this: you being the best of the already best house.... But, again, please remember this was about her and in no way connected to you. That other thing was just an analogy in case you didn't know. Yeah, Ezme knew smart people stuff like that, because if it hasn't been emphasized enough, she was a virtual genius.

And no she wasn't nerdy. She didn't have glasses (the key sign of a loser) nor was she friendless. Coughs. Okay, so maybe she was but that was mostly the puppeteer's fault for never responding to threads on time. She was an innovator though, adept in cruising by with passing grades by relying on her brains. No, questions in class were never answered correctly in class much to her professors' chagrin, but her assignments were always perfect. You wanna know why? ... Lean closer... This was a big secret she was sharing here people!

Ezmeralda de la Renta was a cheater.

Brilliant, right?! Why do the work when you could just get it from someone else? So, of course, she'd taken to targeting the NERDS (glasses and zero friends and all!) from her year in their creepy, gross home (aka the library).

All she needed was the perfect accomplice for her crime.

She tried to gain the attention of the nearest person: "Oi!! I need your help. Distract that kid," [the one way too happy to be learning about the downfall of some boring too-long-war] "over there. It's really, really important."

Miss Turner

Paige was doing her usual rounds of the library to make sure everyone was content. She would help any students that needed it whether it be homework help, help locating a book, or just needed someone to talk to. So far, she had gotten to meet many students and she thought all of the interactions had been positive. But she knew that wouldn't last forever. No, she was not naive enough to think that everything would be smooth sailing at Hogwarts.

So when a girl asked her to distract some kid, she knew it was happening now. She did look quite young so perhaps the student had mistaken her for a seventh year or something (Paige would be fine with that) or maybe the girl didn't care. Then again, she had been facing the other way so from the back of her head, she probably did look exactly like a student with her short stature. 

She went over and said, "What do you need?" Might as well see what was going on!

OOC: Hope it is okay I stepped in! If you want me to delete my post or edit to have Miss Turner leave, please PM me. ❤️

Eli Benoit

Ezme's housemate and yearmate checked many of the "nerd" boxes. Case in point, Eli was currently in the library with not one but two books open in front of him, pondering whether Ged's shadow in A Wizard of Earthsea was at all a parallel to the atomic weaponry that helped to end the second of the muggles' world wars. The verdict was "probably not," but it had been an interesting tangent and gave him something to think about. Rather than Professor Foster's 'dark magic deliberately does harm,' the alternate view argued that dark magic (or science, for muggles) was anything that disrupted the balance of the universe.

So used to being lost in though and having adults remind him that the real world existed, Eli turned around at Miss Turner's question even though this time it wasn't addressed to him. "Nothing, I'm fine, thanks," he said automatically, and then, "oh." He found himself face to face with Ezme and the new librarian. Eli mentally shook himself to change gears from research to conversation. 

"Ever read this one?" He held up the muggle fiction as the better book to talk about. He didn't suspect many other people read Facts and Figures of 20th Century Muggle Wars for fun.

Edited by Eli Benoit
20th century, not 21st century. I'm a nerd and it matters that I have that correct.

Ezmeralda de la Renta

There was a slight hiccup in her plan... her "accomplice" was a staff member. The older woman ( @Miss Turner ) should really consider growing a few inches taller and sporting some rather unsightly wrinkles so cases of mistaken identity like this would never happen again. But, sigh, don't worry. Everything was still fine, even if Ezme did have to brighten up her polite smile even more to seem as innocent as humanly possibly, it was still fine. This wasn't enough to derail her ingenius plan (she meant ingenious, but ingenius just looked better for a genius like herself).

Hadn't she made it clear that she needed the kid distracted!? The staff almost ruined it for her (again!) by asking her a question rather than following through with him. Thankfully, the nerd ( @Eli Benoit ) seemed to find that as distraction enough. Frankly, Ezme would just have to roll with it. She flounced over, closer to the table.

"Psh, of course, I've read that one, Eli." She rolled her eyes as if he'd asked the dumbest question. Quick fingers attempted to pluck the book from his fingers. He looked like the type that wrote notes in the margins; she was trying to catch a glimpse to see if that was the case. Summarized scrawls were always easier to read than the droning on of some old person using the biggest words in the English language to describe something so simple.

"Um, Miss, I was actually looking for another copy of this. I just love wars and stuff." ... That's what nerds said, right?!

Speaking of nerds, Ezme was still trying to glance at what he'd already written for their History assignment. So, being the genius she was, she lightly swung her pack on top of the table, under the guise of joining Eli for a good studying session. "You don't mind if I join ya, hmm?" she hastily asked, already pushing her bag across the table.... and knocking over everything onto the floor.

"Merlin! I'm so sorry!!!!!" (She wasn't). "Let me get that for you!' She bent down to start grabbing at papers, looking for a specific parchment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.