Lyra Nyberg

VH39 Sack Race Tournament: The Game

Lyra Nyberg

●    ●    ●    ●    ●    ●  ●  ●  
vh39 sack race tournament!

"Amy, I'm so excited! Look! I even made a poster for it!" And Lyra had, naturally, decorated a piece of card with glitter, feathers and the words 'POTATO SACK RACE OUTSIDE, EVERYONE COME JOIN US! <3'. She pointed to where she'd left it inside the Gambol Centre by the main door so that everyone could see it when they arrived and thus had the option to head straight out to join them outdoors. Whether or not people were as excited about it as she was remained to be seen, but a few curious faces trickling outside did nothing to calm her hyperactive bouncing.

With all her excess energy Lyra flitted about, barely paying any attention to Amy's response (or anything her best friend and co-sack-race-organiser said, really,) as she fidgeted with the sacks all in a line and skipped about making sure the finish line was straight and everything looked perfect. Because naturally, it made sense to think that if everything looked amazing then the game would progress flawlessly. As was the young girl's hopes, at the very least.

"Oh, there's actually quite a few of us," the comment came off-handedly, eyes darting from face to face and not really taking much of them in as the presence of her classmates only seemed to add fuel to her fire of joy. It wasn't until things went rather quiet that she realised people were probably waiting for one of them to say something. Lyra simply glanced at Amy.

It's time, guys! (Or after-time. It's late. I'm late. I'm sorry, pretty people ;-; )

I hope you've all had a chance to catch up with your teammates and get yourselves a game plan. Amelia is going to post with a little more info for you guys and then I'll post again to kick us off with round one, after which the 24(ish) hour timer will start and we can get to playing! If anyone didn't manage to sign up but still wants to play, throw one of us a message on either VH or Discord! 

PLEASE WAIT FOR AMELIA TO POST

:wub: 

Amelia Martin

Amelia couldn't believe she'd been talked into this by Lyra. She could hardly stand the Gambol at this point--had even ditched the place a couple of times with Dale--so coordinating a game that a bunch of the kids there could play had seemed like a stupid idea when Lyra brought it up. It still seemed like a stupid idea, but she wasn't about to tell her best friend that her idea was stupid. The normally cutthroat blonde had a soft spot for Lyra and didn't want to hurt her feelings. Lyra had mentioned that she, Amy, would get to boss a lot of people around (she had more or less said that, anyway), and Amy had liked that part of it. A lot.

She'd helped her friend bring all of the things outside and set up, though Lyra had set about three or four times, lining everything up just right. Amy had to shake her head at her friend. When people finally started trickling in, she sighed and looked up to the heavens, silently asking the Powers That Be to give her patience, even knowing at that moment that no force--on or above Earth--had enough power to do the impossible.

Amelia noticed Lyra was waiting for her to begin the event and she sighed louder, though revved herself up to be The Boss. "Okay, everyone! Listen up! I'm Amelia Martin and this here--" a jab at the blonde next to her "--is Lyra Nyberg. We organized this race so pay attention! I don't like repeating myself more than once--" lies "--so here goes. Each person grabs a partner." Her eyes noticed a redhead near Dale and rolled her eyes. "Just grab whoever is next to you or whatever. Pine, don't even think of it," Amy told the bare-footed boy with a pointed look. "Each team will pick a sack, get inside, and when we begin the game, you'll try to get to the finish line first.

"NO PUNCHING, KICKING, OR FIGHTING," Amy declared with a look that plainly said, 'If you start hitting people, you'll get five across the eye from me' and continued on. "If it happens, Lyra will...um, yeah, she'll cast this super powerful spell she's been working on and it results with you being stark naked in front of everyone. Okay, now everyone find a partner!" Movement and then eventual semi-quiet. Amy noticed that a girl was without a partner, looked pointedly at Lyra and got zilch in return. "Oy, you there!" she said, pointing at @Faye Winter, "you'll be with me and we'll clearly win. Anything else you want to mention?" Amelia asked, turning her attention to Lyra.

Okay, so here's a quick recap of the rules, we'll wait for Lyra to bang the gun to begin, and we'll be off!

• Each round lasts 24 hours.
  • At least ONE person in your team must post at least a 50-word role-play during the 24-hour period. Both team members may post if they'd like. Please have your team name at the top of each post for easy identification.
  • Your team must post one number between 1 and 20. It must be the same number, so Lyra and I recommend talking with your partner for that! A dice roll will determine how points are doled out. Make sure to have your guess in bold at the bottom of your post. You may NOT guess a number if another team has already done so.
  • You're able to post more than once during each round, but can only guess ONE number.
  • If a team doesn't post in the time period, they are disqualified from the tournament, but may continue to post their reactions to the race.
  • No actual fighting or anything; a nice clean game, in-character.
  • After each 24-hour period, Lyra will post the standings. The team with the closest guess to the dice roll wins 10 points. The next closest 9 points, the next 8, and so on until we get to 1 point. Any other teams after the 1 point will receive a point as well.
  • The rounds end after the 24-hour timestamp. However, the next round won't necessarily start immediately after, to give wiggle room for different time zones and stuff.
  • The game ends when either a team reaches 70 points OR when the game reaches ten rounds.

OKAY, WE WAIT FOR LYRA TO POST TO BEGIN!

Edit: new rules are highlighted.

Edited by Amelia Martin
updating rules

Lyra Nyberg

She didn't know what she'd do without Amy. Her best friend always seemed to be on top of things, thankfully, and as a result Lyra had the chance to stand and grin at everyone while the rules were doled out. Personally, the only rule she really cared about was that nobody started fighting, but she didn't think that would be an issue because everyone's partners would be on hand (or in sack) to hug it out and keep everyone happy!

Speaking of partners, a few reluctant faces manifested when Amy told them to find their own, to which Lyra's response was to dish out a few instances of "you aaaand you, you're a team!" and thus quickly sorted the problem before it really started. 

Teams together and Amelia's introduction to the game itself out of the way, Lyra turned to her friend with a small hesitant smile when prompted for any further additions. She tried to keep her voice's volume to a minimum but alas, the girl was hopeless when it came to whispering, "Ah, yes–actually, that super duper spell thing you mentioned? I don't know what you're on about. I don't want anyone to be naked..." Case and point, really. "We'll figure it out later."

She didn't wait for Amy's reply, instead simply nudging her over to her partner and turning with a bright smile to the group of gathered teams. She hadn't really thought of what to say with everyone stood staring at her, so squirmed and let out a nervous giggle with a small wave. She paused for a few moments, allowing most if not all of them to clamber into their sacks together before she called out, "Everyone ready? N-no? Oh, yes? Great! Uh, have fun! And... 3, 2, 1.... go?"

After another moments hesitation Lyra scrambled out of the way, bouncing along the sidelines to watch and cheer. Such fun this was going to be!

So because we're running a tad late, round 1 is going to last a little longer than the others just to give everyone enough time to settle and enough notice to deal with time zones/busy lives/etc. You've got 30 hours to get your posts/numbers in, starting from the timestamp of this post!

If anyone needs clarification of the teams, you can find them here!

ICly, Lyra will be hopping about and shouting praise at random people (even if you guys haven't met/she doesn't know your names) so feel free to GM her doing so or laughing at her being her excitable self. Good luck all and most importantly, have fun! <333

ROUND 1 STARTS NOW!

:wub: 

Alec Potter

TEAM: TREES ARE OVERRATED

(posting in #42692F)

Alec didn't know how he'd ended up here, all mixed up in the beginnings of a potato sack race. He was acquainted with only one person in attendance - his cousin, Josie - and was otherwise surrounded by strangers. This was only Alec's second visit to the Gambol Centre, so while many of the other kids seemed to know each other already, he was suddenly very aware that he was out of place here.

Not that he minded, not really. Joining in on the game was better than skulking around doing nothing, and perhaps he'd even be able to go home with a real story to tell his younger siblings. Alec thought they'd like that.

He gathered with the others, listening as one girl - she introduced herself as Amelia, like Alec's little sister - explained most of the game they'd be playing. Alec noticed the way she called out another boy, referring to him as Pine. 

Intrigued - and also sensing that Pine might be in need of a partner after the way Amelia had spoken to him - Alec stepped forward. "Hi. Pine, is it? D'you actually go by Pine or was she just having a laugh at you?" It didn't seem as if Amelia had been very kind to Pine, at least from Alec's perspective. "And what's she mean by don't even think of it, anyway?" Was there some secret that the other kids knew that he didn't? Alec felt even more out of place, if that was even possible.

Pine Tree

TEAM: TREES ARE OVERRATED

This was something that he has never heard about before, but he signed up for it thinking that it was something that was supposed to be fun, at least he hoped that it would be fun. Still he didn’t know that many people beside from Leon and Lyra who was hosting the game. He was sure there was others that he knew, but there was so many names to remember. And it wasn’t like Pine wanted to be here. 

He was hoping that he washing to be teamed with his twin, but that didn’t think his twin signed up for it. So someone walked over towards him, who he believed was on his team, which was such a odd name, he figured that people make fun of his name all the time. He was getting used to it and he loved his name though. 

“Hey Alec is it? I heard your name before but I don’t think that we have ever meet before.” He smiled looking at the boy that came over to him. “My name is Pine, Pine Tree actually.” He laughed, “I don’t have a clue, I think some of the kids here like to fight a lot more than others.” He just didn’t understand it at all and why people wanted to fight Pine just enjoyed having a good time and trying to make the post of this. 

But guess it was time to get this game started.

Alec Potter

TEAM: TREES SHOES ARE OVERRATED

"Yeah, I'm Alec," said Alec with a bemused smile. He'd felt as if he didn't belong here and he certainly hadn't expected anybody (besides Josie of course) to know his name. Just from this, he immediately decided that Pine seemed like a decent sort of fellow. Alec showed no signs of changing his mind when it turned out that not only was his new acquaintance's name Pine, but Pine Tree. An unusual name, but Alec took it in stride. "That's cool. Tree-rific, even," he said, cracking a grin.

Noticing Pine's bare feet, Alec quickly kicked off his shoes and socks, not caring where they ended up. There was going to be a race any minute now, so there was no time to waste! He grabbed a sack and presented it to Pine. "Let's win it. We'll leaf them all behind!"

Or if not, they'd at least have the best jokes. 😎 

Margarleon Turpentine

TEAM: BAWLING AND BRAWLING MISFITS

(posting in #cc0066)

“A’ight listen Cole,” Leon mispronounced his partner’s name not on purpose, but because he’d really only been half listening as he and his newfound sack race partner had paired off and introduced themselves. He only had one thing on his mind after this sack race had been declared, and that was beating @Dale McQueen-Trengrove. And his bro-dog, @Julian Banagher. Oh, and @Amelia Martin, too, because she was a terrible witch.

It was just too bad that @Chaol Edevane had been unlucky enough to be standing closest to Leon when they had been told to find a partner. He was now, without knowing, roped (or, as the case was… sacked) into Leon’s revenge scheme.

“We got to win this,” Leon concluded his earlier statement, looking his sack race partner over with a scrutinizing glare. And Leon totally wasn’t going to listen to Amelia’s warning about not fighting. If it came down to it, he was not above tackling anyone to the ground. Sorry, not sorry.

“Ready?” Leon asked his partner, but he didn’t really wait for an answer because the go was given, and rather than wait for agreement, Leon merely made a huge hop forward.

Edited by Margarleon Turpentine
took out an extra "too" in my first paragraph

Julian Banagher

TEAM: NYX'S TERRIBLE TERRORS

"Wait, is his name actually @Pine Tree?" Julian was unable to stifle his laughter, even as the race was gearing up to begin. The only reason he was going along with the game was to make sure that he could beat @Margarleon Turpentine. Though he was supposed to be working with his partner, wasn't he?

"Various?" Julian wasn't sure if he was saying @Varius Nyx's name right, and he honestly didn't really care, either. "Weird name by the way, not sure that your parents liked you very much. Doesn't matter. We're gonna beat that guy, over there, okay?"--it was here that he pointed to Leon. "Don't care if we win or not, but we have to make sure that he loses." 

Amelia Martin

TEAM: SACK STRUCK STARS

WC: 177               (Posting in #3B0152)

Just what she needed--to see a bunch of the riffraff acting like fools. Only Lyra was, like, forcing her to play, so she'd sidled up to the brunette girl and, without pleasantries said, "Well, go get a sack, what are you waiting for?" Honestly, people these days... Amelia followed silently behind her and, begrudgingly slipped into the sack beside her. Amy disliked being in close quarters with people she did like. Having to share this close a space with someone she didn't even know was hardly fair. She cast a hairy eye toward her best friend, bristled beside her partner, and worked quickly on a plan.

Finally, " Okay, so we're gonna have to work together. I think it's best if I lead," Amelia said with authority. "I'll say when to jump and we jump. Ready?" she asked her, though her own eyes were fixed on Lyra, waiting for her to start the race. As soon as she heard her friend call to begin, Amy bent her legs, cast a fiery eye on her partner and said, "JUMP!"

Number: 9

Edited by Amelia Martin
team name correction

Faye Winter

TEAM: SACK STRUCK STARS

WC: 148               (Posting in #3B0152)

Faye grinned and bounced on her toes, eyes wide and darting around. She didn't really know anyone so maybe this would let her make some friends? Maybe? She met all of her classmates briefly in the pet store, and somehow they started fighting so she had slipped out. Honestly, her classmates were really childish. When everyone started getting into teams, she stood at one side, unsure. Everyone seemed to have somebody they wanted to partner up with and Faye honestly had nobody.

When someone called her name, she looked up and saw someone pointing at her. Grinning at @Amelia Martin, Faye picked up a sack and slipped inside, not picking up her annoyed tone. When she promptly announced that she would lead, Faye nodded her head in agreement. That was a good plan. Eyes forward, she bounced impatiently on her heels. 

"JUMP!”

Faye crouched down and leaped forward.

Edited by Faye Winter

Dale McQueen-Trengrove

teampopping pea potatoes in a pod

Hex Code: 7F8FE7

There were three reasons that he was even participating in this sack race: (1) his friend Amy was putting it on and so he was showing his support for her; (2) he was a competitive person and anything that he could do to show how much better he was than everyone else, he was going to take it; (3) Leon was participating and he was not about to lose to him. 

So it was for all those reasons that he found himself standing there along with some other people in his year looking ready to play. And he just happened to be standing next to the royal girl from Brackleberry and shrugged when it was time to pick partners. He could do a lot worse - he could have Leon or Darby or Pine as his partner. No thanks. 

He would have of course wanted Julian to be his partner but he couldn't see him at this moment and he was too lazy to try and find him. "I guess we should pair up," he told her. "Have you ever done this before?" Somehow he couldn't picture the royal girl having done this but then again, he had never participated in a sack race either. 

Edited by Dale McQueen-Trengrove
changed hex code color; was too similar to another team

Jacquetta Rosewood

Jacquetta was excited to be a "normal" child. A sack race? She had no idea what it was but it sounded fun so of course she wanted to take part. And she would get to meet new people which made it even better. She didn't know anyone that well so she wasn't sure who to ask to partner. Luckily, the boy named Edmund asked her if she wanted to pair up. "Sure! I've never done this but it doesn't seem that hard," she replied. She had been forced to learn how to duel and fence so she was athletic-ish. 

Soon, they were in a sack and awaiting the start of the race. When she heard "go" she jumped forward and her partner did as well. They were in sync which was clearly an important part of winning this thing. Maybe they would even do well! She wasn't sure how much she cared about winning. It would be nice, sure, but she mostly cared about having fun, being normal, and meeting new people.

Varius Nyx

This was Varius' first day in the Gambol Centre. He had been quite successful in dissuading his mother from forcing him to go up until this point where she was insistent he should go and 'network' with his peers and associate himself with people worth knowing. The problem is Varius didn't know who would qualify as 'worth knowing' without asking to see their Gringott's account and social interaction was one of his least favourite things in the planet having had very few friends in his short life up to now.

Varius had been sitting in the corner of the grounds of the centre, reading a book, minding his own business and trying to ignore the aggressive shouts of some girl talking about a sack race. Varius scoffed. He could not think of anything WORSE.

So, much to his surprise an unknown boy was calling out his name. What? Was he expected to participate in this race? Varius had purposefully NOT signed up, because sports were not a thing that he did. Realisation suddenly dawned on him that this probably had his Mother written all over it. 

Varius strolled over to the boy who seemed to have a confident air about him - perhaps too confident - and listened to him essentially insult his name. That wasn't very kind. His name might be unique, but Varius didn't even know who this boy was, which was more telling than anything. Can't be a somebody if you are a nobody after all. All of these equally unkind things he could've said - and his mother would've encouraged - but he simple responded with, "It means diverse."

He continued to listen as the unknown stated his intentions to beat some other chap and Varius knew straight away that he was purposefully going to try to lose so as to bring this boys cockiness down a peg - should be easy given Varius' record at sports. He stepped into their sack, facing the opposite direction of everyone else, "Well are you getting in...?" he left the question open so the boy might introduce himself, "I'm sure we're about to start and you're not going to win standing outside of the sack."

Edited by Varius Nyx

Avalon Edens

team: rainbow rubber duckies

posting in #669966

Avalon grinned over at the girl that she'd apparently be competing with, @Josie Potter. "No punching, kicking, or fighting – you got that, right?" She laughed, not understanding the emphasis. "They really think everyone is going to have at it. Wizarding sack races must be brutal." With another laugh, she scrunched herself into the potato sack and hopped around in place, her grin widening to reveal missing teeth. "Feels like home" she quipped, her hand sliding across the rough fabric. "I'm Avalon. Let's try not to body check anyone, yeah?"

And with that, the game was on, and she hopped.

Lyra Nyberg

●    ●    ●    ●    
round 1 complete!

●    ●    ●    ●    

Welp, this was ever so slightly overwhelming.

Lyra usually faired rather well amongst chaos, but the (frankly quite amusing) mass of confusion that erupted after her utterance of the word 'go' left her stumped for a fair few moments. @Amelia Martin and her teammate @Faye Winter appeared to be trying their best at teamwork for the most part, gaining a quick "Nice jump, girls! Keep going!" from Lyra before her attention turned elsewhere.

It wasn't exactly clear where her attention was supposed to be, given that some where conversing, some where trying and some where just... not interested? Was her game idea boring? Other people seemed to be enjoying themselves at least a little, so maybe it was just lunchtime or something. Mmm... maybe she'd have pizza for lunch.

"Nice sink-ronny-whatever-the-word-is, you two! Teamwork rocks!!!" A grin accompanied the comment yelled at @Jacquetta Rosewood and @Dale McQueen-Trengrove, the latter of which she was sure she recognised from Diagon Alley a while back. Though her pronunciation of the word 'synchronisation' was a complete failure, she was sure the message was received regardless. Dale seemed like a smart enough fella, he would no doubt work it out.

Unable to quite stay in one place, Lyra continued to hop about as though she herself was in a sack and racing in the opposite direction to the rest, skipping alongside @Pine Tree and @Alec Potter for a moment and giving both boys a grin and two thumbs up. She waved over at @Varius Nyx and his partner @Julian Banagher, calling out a quick joke to the former about there thankfully not being any ice cream around before she skipped back to her place by the finish line.

"Come on, guys! The line is a way over here and you're all so far awayyyy! You can all move quicker than this, get a move on!"

●    ●    ●    ●    

DICE ROLL RESULT – 13

Points awarded as follows:

BRAWLING AND BAWLING MISFITS – 10

RAINBOW RUBBER DUCKIES – 10

TREES SHOES ARE OVERRATED – 9

NYX'S TERRIBLE TERRORS – 8

SACK STRUCK STARS – 7

POPPING PEA POTATOES IN A POD – 6

Teams Disqualified: (please feel free to still post and rp, guys!)

ADVENTURING PHAROAH HOUNDS

UR MOM MUST NOT BE NAMED

TRAMPLIN BOOKWORM TATERS

ROUND 2 BEGINS NOW!

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS FROM THE TIMESTAMP OF THIS POST TO GUESS A NUMBER ❤️ 

Jacquetta Rosewood

They weren't in first but they weren't in last, either. It seemed some of the teams had already dropped off. Jacquetta was determined not to follow. Edmund seemed really determined to win and she would support him. She didn't care either way as long as they finished the race and had fun. "Jump!" she said to keep them in sync. "Jump!" She thought it would help them stay together. She knew that the moment they were off from each other, they would fall down. Not to mention that they couldn't really talk much during this event anyway. They were too focused on staying upright.

She wasn't paying any attention to the other teams. She didn't know what they were up to but she could see several of them ahead of them. "Jump!" she said again. She wondered if Edmund wanted to take over the coxing job so she said, "You can take over if you want. Jump!" He could start with the next one if he wanted to do it. If not, she'd continue on.

Julian Banagher

All Julian did when Varius explained the meaning of his name was roll his eyes. "Don't care." He didn't have time to come up with a better insult, there were much more important things they needed to do--namely, make sure that Leon lost horribly. Maybe Leon would end up getting so humiliated that he wouldn't even go to Hogwarts.

He could dream, couldn't he?

"I know that," he snapped at Varius as he explained the sack race. "Just try not to slow us down."

As he hopped, he noticed that other teams, (and Leon's!) were ahead of them. Some of the teams had dropped off already, so they weren't in last place, but Leon's was in first, and that meant that they were already failing at their mission.

Or his mission. Whatever.

"Do you have your wand?" he asked Varius. "We need to slow Leon down."

Chaol Edevane

(posting in #cc0066)

Chaol had signed up for the sack race on a whim. It had seemed a good idea at the time--an excellent way to get to know people, his foster mother pointed out to him when he brought it up at dinner--but now he was starting to have regrets, if only for the fact that his partner wanted to speed through the course without any concern as to if Chaol was still with him.

But by some miracle, Chaol was actually keeping pace, even as his lungs felt as if they were on fire. And somehow, that had resulted in their team and one other leading  the race.

"Nice job, mate," he said, each word a reminder of how it wouldn't take much for him to just give out and flop to the ground. But he wanted to win this thing too, so he pushed on ahead.

Dale McQueen-Trengrove

He liked to think that they were at a distinct disadvantage for this - neither one of them had ever done this before and that was going to be his excuse if he lost, which at the moment, is basically what they were doing. At least they were not doing as badly as some of the teams who failed to even get off the starting line altogether. At least he had managed to force his team into actually doing what a sack race required, which was to jump. 

And the fact that Leon's team along with another one was out front was motivating him to try a bit harder. "I think you're doing fine." He told her - he was trying to jump on cue though a couple of times he felt like he was either too fast or slightly behind. But she had the advantage as she was the one calling out when to go at the moment. 

"Just..." he started to say. "Let's speed up the pace, ok? I don't want to be in dead last you know." Which is basically what they were out of the remaining teams that is. 

Alec Potter

TEAM: SHOES ARE OVERRATED

Was one of the other boys laughing at Pine's name? Alec was vaguely aware of this, but was preoccupied with his own preparations for the sack race. However, it did occur to him that their competitors were perhaps not the nicest bunch, and he was suddenly very determined to do all he could to try to win the sack race.

He smiled at one of the girls in charge when she gave them a thumbs up. He would've returned the gesture but his hands were quite literally full, gripping the sack. "Faster!" he encouraged Pine, hoping that if they picked up the pace a little bit, they might be able to take the lead.

Avalon Edens

team: rainbow rubber duckies

posting in #669966

Avalon cackled with delight as she glanced wildly around her, her messy hair only worsening with each determined hop. Her partner didn't seem the chatty sort, but who cared?! They were winning. Well – tied, anyway. Eyeing the other team that seemed to be keeping pace with them, Avalon hollered out to @Chaol Edevane and @Margarleon Turpentine, "Oi! Stop making me have to work for it! No one will blame you if you fall behind!"

And she grinned mischievously, clutching the potato sack tighter and trying to pull ahead. 

Varius Nyx

"Well you are the one currently slowing us down," Varius said matter of factly as the boy eventually got in the sack with him before shooting off like a bucking bronco as he attempted to catch up with the rest of their competitors. The boy with whom he seemed to have some kind of grudge against, Varius noticed, was amusingly in first place. 

They managed to pass by a couple of the other teams, some of which had quickly been disqualified. Varius was certain their speedy progress had little to do with him, however, as a) he was, much of the time, out of sync with his partner's hops and b) he was purposefully wanting to lose to be spiteful to this unkind peon.

Varius' eyebrows raised at the mention of his wand. Why yes, he did have his wand, but was he hell going to let this boy know that. He'd end up demanding he cast some curse he was ill-qualified to perform and would no doubt set their sack alight! "No," he said bluntly between hops, "Do you?" - he hopped hoped not.

It was at this moment that Varius caught Lyra calling out to him, making some jest about ice cream. He reddened immediately at the embarrassing memory and quickly lost the rhythm of his footing. His ankles started twisting round each other as he looked over at the whimsical girl. He tripped over himself, and was too slow to rectify his entanglement before he was tumbling toward the grass of the Gambol, the weight of him pulling both sack and his rude partner with him.

"I'm sorry," he said moreso to Lyra in remembrance of their meeting at Diagon Alley, than to the boy who would no doubt be currently wishing him dead - or at the very least, in a great deal of pain. 

Edited by Varius Nyx

Lyra Nyberg

●    ●    ●    ●    
round 2 complete!

●    ●    ●    ●    

Anyone who knew Lyra well would be able to see that she had no clue what to do with herself. Both sack-less and partner-less, she was flitting about trying to be in charge of a game that she'd completely lost track of. It had barely been a few minutes, if even that, so where had her attention gone? Better yet, had her attention really been on the race itself since they began?

Not really.

She wasn't sure who was leading, it seemed pretty close near the front even with her joke distracting Varius to the point of he and his partner falling over. Oops. Totally not her fault, by the way.

Skipping again away from her place at the finish line and closer to the huddle of sack-bound racers, the short blonde weaved her way in and out of people. She could tell herself that she totally wasn't inconveniencing anybody and was simply just trying to make sure that everyone was alright, but that in itself was up for debate.

Content with the fact that nobody was yet at the point of arguing with each other, (a quick spat between partners was to be expected with the nature of the race, of course,) Lyra went back to humming a tune as she bounded alongside another team before calling out, "what kind of prize does the winner want?! I have a packet of cheese strings with me for lunch if you want any!"

Cheese prize, best prize.

●    ●    ●    ●    

Thank you everyone for your responses to my PM, hopefully things will run a little smoother now but if you have any more queries/concerns, Amelia and I still have our inboxes open! ❤️ 

CHANGES TO BE AWARE OF:

– Disqualifications are cancelled. All teams are now in play for the full game.

– Teams who were disqualified start round 3 on 6 points.

– Teams who don't post in a round get 0 points but can still play.

– Rounds end based on time stamps, these will be pointed out at the bottom of referee posts.

– All players will be tagged in start of round posts so everyone receives the same notification. If you'd like to be removed from tags, PM/DM Lyra or Amelia. 

ROUND 2 DICE ROLL RESULT – 18

Points awarded as follows:

POPPING PEA POTATOES IN A POD – 10

SHOES ARE OVERRATED – 9

NYX'S TERRIBLE TERRORS – 8

BRAWLING AND BAWLING MISFITS – 7

* As the time limits of the rounds were not clearly stated, Avalon & Josie are receiving half points for a 'late' post last round:

RAINBOW RUBBER DUCKIES – 5

CURRENT LEADERBOARD:

SHOES ARE OVERRATED – 18

BRAWLING AND BAWLING MISFITS – 17

NYX'S TERRIBLE TERRORS – 16

POPPING PEA POTATOES IN A POD – 16

RAINBOW RUBBER DUCKIES – 15

SACK STRUCK STARS – 7

UR MOM MUST NOT BE NAMED – 6

ADVENTURING PHAROAH HOUNDS – 6

TRAMPLIN BOOKWORM TATERS – 6

ROUND 3 BEGINS NOW!

ROUND 3 ENDS EXACTLY 24 HOURS AFTER THE TIMESTAMP OF THIS POST

AT 1:13 PM GMT / 8:13 AM EST / 5:13 AM PST

PLAYERS IN PLAY:

@Julian Banagher & @Varius Nyx | @Dale McQueen-Trengrove & @Jacquetta Rosewood

@Chaol Edevane & @Margarleon Turpentine | @Avalon Edens & @Josie Potter

@Dominic Shepherd & @Darby Turpentine | @Alec Potter & @Pine Tree

@Gabriel Montague & @Madison Miller | @Verity Doran & @Leia Grey

@Amelia Martin & @Faye Winter

Edited by Lyra Nyberg

Margarleon Turpentine

“Ha! We’re winning!” Leon exclaimed to his partner, who had (thankfully) matched his hopping strides without a hitch. Perhaps this would go off without Leon having to start any fights after all! He looked behind him, smirking as he noted both Julian and Dale were behind him… and then he looked to the side, where another pair (@Avalon Edens) was right with them. “Well right back at you, then!” Leon called to her. “No one will blame you if you fall behind… oh, look, you already are!” Leon called to her in a taunting tone…

Speaking of falling behind, though… @Pine Tree and whoever his partner was were surpassing him and Chaol! “Oi! Pine! Why don’t you go hug a tree and take a breather?” Leon called to his pseudo-friend (the closest thing he’d likely have to a friend, anyway). “You look like you need it,” He added, hopping more quickly to try to catch up.

“Come on Chaol, we’re still in this!” And by in this Leon really meant that they were still beating Dale and Julian, and that was all that mattered. Also, what went unspoken was that the tournament leader’s (@Lyra Nyberg) offer of string cheese was actually very enticing.

Give him that cheese, please.

Edited by Margarleon Turpentine
font.

Pine Tree

TREES SHOES ARE OVERRATED.

Looking at his teammate, who was amazing and took off his shoes also. Meaning that they were going to be the best of friends. After the game Pine was going to give him a pine needle to show his friendship. But they needed to win this game, and he was not worried about people making fun of his name. "I get it all the time here, people think that is is strange about my name. But I don't care at all about it." He loved his name and loved his family and where he came from. No one was going to make it harder for him at all. He would just not give them pine needles cause they wouldn't be his friend.

Hearing Leon say something about taking a breather and hug a tree. "I have many of them to hug when I get home. I am having fun." With people at this center that he didn't care to much about. He was wondering if Box was watching him with a new friend. Alec was pretty cool. "Let's keep going Alec, we can do this." He wouldn't mind winning and showing that his team was the best but he was just glad to be having fun. 

And ignoring people that said things about his name, and him not wearing shoes.