Seeley Pichardo

Finally I figured out, but It took a long, long time

Seeley Pichardo

March 6, 2041 

Standing outside the boys dorms, Seeley held the red envelope in her hand.  It purpose was two-fold.  Red, was Desmond's favorite color - or at least it had been the last time she had asked it.  Admittedly, that had been a while ago and maybe it had changed but that was neither here nor there.  Secondly, howlers were loud by default.  No matter how quietly she had spoken into it, it was automatically going to begin shouting just a few moments after she released it into his room.  

At least her message was sweet.  

Hopefully, the confusion the abrupt awakening would cause him (and his roommates probably, poor @Nox Bordelon) would buy her enough time to get all of the way back out of the common room and at least headed towards where she would finally meet up with him at the end of all this.  The sixteen year old wasn't exactly sure how long it would take for Desmond to make his way through all of the notes she had left for him; first he had to decipher them, and figure out where to go to find the next one and of course he hadn't even woken up yet and she was sure he wasn't going to be happy about the way she was waking him up on his birthday of all things. 

But, she hoped the end of it all would far outweigh the means she took to get him there.   

Bending her knees, she leaned down and with a small sigh she slid the howler under the door-frame.  Standing up again, she pressed her ear to the door to listen, listen for the sound that told her it had done it's job and not more then a few seconds later she heard her own voice loudly bellowing through the room.  That was all she needed before she took off.  

Running feet pounded down the stairs, through the common room and out the door.  He wouldn't see her, not yet.  

But, soon.  

Wake Up Desmond!
Rise and shine! 

In our spot in the common room,

You'll find your next lines! 

Desmond Potter

Out of all the days he wanted to sleep in, today was the day he wanted it the most. He was turning sixteen years old today and he was happy to be at that age, but at the same time it was something that was scaring him. Because he was almost an adult wizard and that was super scary, with OWLs this year and knowing what he wanted to do with his life but also not knowing what he would do if that didn’t work out. Still, he was not trying to think about that at all. 

Holding onto his pillow, the one that his brother gave him for Christmas when he was home, hoping that no one would see that he was cuddling with it. Sure Nox and Phillip where in the room but he didn’t care about that at all for this moment in time. He was having such a nice dream and hoped that nothing would brother him at all. 

But how wrong he was, before he knew it there were pillows being thrown at him and there was yelling. Which sounded like it was Seeley’s voice, but he knew that she wasn’t able to get into their room, that was not possible at all. 

Desmond then heard Nox yelling. “What the flack, Desmond wake your butt up.” Desmond heard the last part of the howler going off. “What in the world, why would she have sent a howler so early in the morning.

“I’m getting up Nox, don’t act like that. Take these pillows back.” He threw them back at Nox and put on his slippers. He was still in his PJs, and went to the common room to his and Seeley’s spot. Not caring that the howler ripped up and was all over the floor, she was going to talk to her later about that. 

Grunting as he made his way up the stairs and wondered why someone wanted him up so early. “This is my birthday I should be able to sleep in if I want to. This better be good.” He said to himself as he made his way to their spot and looked for whatever it was he was supposed to be looking for. 

Seeley better have a damn good reason for this. 

GM of Nox is allowed.

Seeley Pichardo

While she really wished she could have had eyes in the room, just to see what havoc her howler had caused... and maybe also what that pillow looked like, Seeley was already long gone by the time Desmond finally dragged himself out of his bed and out of his dorm room.  She would have also liked to correct his notion that she couldn't get into his dorm if she wanted (because she so totally could) but that was another argument for another time.  

Today was a special day.  With a special agenda because yes, she did have a damn good reason.   

The common room was empty, aside from a few early risers working on homework and castle elves roaming about tidying things up, but tucked in the corner of the common room was a small love-seat near a cozy fireplace that had unfortunately burned out sometime in the night.  Perched on the middle of the seat sat a folded card, mostly red, with a white sticker on the front and Desmond's name written in purple swirly writing.  

She also hadn't been able to resist drawing a heart underneath it, but she supposed it was fine... just fine if he read into it today.  

You know this kind of thing
Really isn't my style
But I wanted to make sure
Your birthday was full of smiles

Hope you look cute (I'm sure that you do)
I'm not great with rhymes 🙄 but I'm good with a clue

...and speaking of those

You'll find the next one in a space
Known as my favorite place. 💋

Desmond Potter

Making his way to the couch to find another hit. He didn’t want to spend his birthday looking for clues, knowing that Seeley was doing this and didn’t understand why she had to do something like this. He just wanted to sleep but he found the note and looked at it and tried to read it. 

That is was something that was not her style?  If it wasn’t her style than why was she doing something like this. It was sweet, but his ears were still ringing and he was ready to go back to his room and sleep but Nox would hate him. 

And of course he knew Seeley’s favorite place it was one place that he had spent a lot of his time with her. Making his way to the dueling chamber and looking for Seeley. Hoping that there wasn’t more clues and he would just see her and ask her why she was doing something like this. 

At least that was something that he was hoping for. 

Seeley Pichardo

Unfortunately for Desmond, he wouldn't find Seeley in the chamber waiting for him... there was still one more stop to go.  But, at least that was all there was.  When she'd actually taken the time to start planning all of this out she had realized there were any number of places she could leave clues for him.  The hallway corridor where she'd zapped him, the trophy room where they'd spent that one day searching for his parents names or even served out that detention for Professor Althaus, she could have even sent him to that classroom they liked to visit every now and then but she didn't want to torture him. 

She just needed to give herself enough time to get outside and, not to mention, give him a clue that she'd actually put some thought into something special for him.  

So when he got to the dueling chamber, a platform was empty thanks to some bargaining with a second year to stand watch over it for her, but there was another card resting on it.  Another card, with another note.  

I must not be horrid, you’re making your way

The next place on our list is where you like to play

From my favorite place in this castle to yours

It’s outside the castle, not in though, I’m sure

The place where we don’t need a spell to find rain ;)

It’s the last stop, and I’ll be there,

There’s just one little thing…

On this pitch, I’m the snitch and I remembered my wings.  

Desmond Potter

He was so tired of walking, he just wanted to find Seeleg and enjoy his birthday. This wasn’t fun from the moment it started with the holler in the dorm that woke up the other boys that were there. Still Desmond went to the chamber and hoped that this was going to be where Seeley was, but he was wrong. She wasn’t here. 

Looking over ans saw that there was yet another note on a platform and since he was the only ones getting note he opened it up and read it, and now he was going to have to walk outside. 

Seeley knee that he was lazy and this was starting to become a lite, but he still followed the note to the quidditch pitch, wishing that he was able to play quidditch on the pit and yet he couldn’t since there was none this hear, but it was still his favorite place.

”Seeleh, please tell me you are out here?” She better be out here if not he wasn’t gojng to be happy and just might go back tk the common room and sleep. It was his birthday after all he should do what he wants to do. 

Seeley Pichardo

Luckily enough for an uber!grumpy Desmond, Seeley was waiting on the pitch and she heard his still sleepy voice calling to her before she crept out from where she was hiding behind the broom shed.  The memory they shared of this particular broom shed was a complicated one.  They had shouted at each other in front of it, and then in the middle of a downpour, shared their first meaningful kiss in front of it as well and so she had figured it was as important a place as any for them to meet now.  

The right side of the silly pair of gold and sparkly wings that she had borrowed from @Avery Potter smacked against the side of the shed as she stepped around it and smiled, feeling just a little bit nervous.  She'd always noticed the wings that Desmond's younger cousin was fond of wearing around everywhere and asked to use this particular pair for the day, for her efforts.  She'd even gone so far as to completely ruin one of the only plain white t-shirts she owned by drawing a golden heart on it with nail polish.  Thankfully Rowan had so many colors.  

"Hap... Happy birthday?" She said, holding her hands up in a questioning gesture.  "I... didn't really have the chance to buy you a present so I turned myself into one instead."  Seeley continued, shrugging her shoulders.  Her last note had declared that she would be the snitch, she hadn't lied.  "If you catch me, I have a secret for you."  

It wouldn't be that much of a chase for him because she didn't plan on running.  It was more of an excuse for him to make the move of closing any distance that remained between them because her feet seemed unwanting to do it.  She had finally decided, settled on exactly how she felt - it was hard not to when she had realized about partway through putting all of this together that the biggest reason she was doing it all was just to make him smile on his birthday.  She wanted to tell him, but she had put far too much behind it now to simply blurt it out loudly and bluntly like a curse when you'd stubbed your toe.  

She needed to ease herself into it.  Having his arms around her would help, they always did.  

Desmond Potter

Sure he was grumpy, since it was his birthday and he wanted to sleep. But he still walked and made his way to the pitch hoping that Seeley would be there and not another note. Not knowing if he was going to be able to take another not and not have his girlfriend in his arms at this moment. 

Though, there she was standing there in what looked like fair wings. Those had to be Avery’s because Desmond didn’t think that Seeley own a pair of those at all, there was no way possible those were her’s and then she said something about catching her and that she has a secret. “Do I have to catch you, you can just come to be and tell me. I did follow all those notes and got hit in the head with a pillow because of that holler you sent this morning.” 

At least it was a pillow and not something else, but still. He took a hit for this girl and it was not something he liked, he didn’t like getting hit in the head with anything. At least Nox didn’t set him on fire and he didn’t know if Phillip was even in the dorm room or not. 

Still it seems like he was going to have to chase her, and he hoped that it wouldn’t be long. Because he wanted to hold her and just spend the day with her, since it was his day. “Fine, but I am not the best runner.” Which was a lie, he knew that he was a good runner since he worked out in the evening, since he didn’t wake up to work out. 

He started to go after her and then he caught her and gave her a kiss. “I caught you, and I am never letting you go.”

Seeley Pichardo

The howler had been a necessary evil.  If she'd actually gone into his room to wake him up who knew how the day would have gone.  It wouldn't have gone according to plan that was for sure and she needed him to give her time.  And yes, she also needed him to catch her.  

Literally.  

Because just as he may have thought he was going to have to run after her, she laughed and made just has much of an effort to run a few steps towards him once she realized he was taking her seriously, and jumped into his arms.  "I'm glad you found all my notes alright." She admitted just before he snuck in a quick kiss and assured her that he wasn't letting her go.  The words rushed through her like a whirlwind, but in the best of ways.  

In the past, they would have made her feel boxed in, and claustrophobic, but now they made her feel so unbelievably happy.  

"Good... because..."  She allowed his arms to hold her there, knowing it likely wasn't much of a struggle, and rested her own hands against either side of his face to look him in the eyes.  "I love you.  I thought today would be a good day for you to know that."  She smiled, waiting just a moment for him to really hear it before she leaned forward to kiss him once more.    

Desmond Potter

It was a bit of a work out, since it was still morning and he just wanted to be lazy. Still he was going to catch her because he knew that he would not let her fall. If she did than desmond was going to be there to try and catch her no matter what. Even if he physical wasn’t there for her. 

When she she jumped into her arms, he gave her a quick kiss. Trying to make sure that was able to hold himself up. As he was not expecting for Seeley to jump into his arms and it caught him off a little. “It was a bit much don’t you think?” It would have just been easier to tell him to meet him at the pitch, and he wouldn’t of had to go though everything he did.

He was trying to not be grumpy. Now that he had Seeley in his arms there was no reason for him to be grumpy at all. Yet, he still just wanted to take a nap. 

Than she she said those three words, three words that he told her she didnt have to say when he said them back to her a while ago. Feeling that we’re so strong for the now sixteen year old. 

“I love you too, and you waited till my birthday. Thag is one heck of a gift Seeley.” He knew it was something and it was amazing.

He leaned in again to give her a kiss as he just held onto her not wanting to let go ever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.