Avery Potter

Can you see horses?

Avery Potter

Avery often searched for animals when she was younger around the gardens and fields of her family homes. She loved to find the gnomes that ran around the outside of her great-grandparents. She adored the little creatures that were at the bottom of her own garden. It was her kind nature that caused her to long to protect them all, which is why she had signed up for the internship with Professor Qin.

Even though it was still rather cool, Avery sat at the edge of the lake. Her shoes were on the ground next to her, her legs dipped into the freezing water. She wanted to get to know her chosen creature which meant she needed to be near the lake. Avery hummed to herself as she stayed on one position. Every so often there was a movement within the water.

Avery stared each time. She had no idea whether the flying seahorses were coming towards her – or whether the wave had been caused by the giant squid deep below the surface. She had no desire to become squid food before she could complete her internship that day. Well… even really. She didn’t think that it would be fun.

Harmony Granger-Weasley

A crisp winter sky shone bright blue as Harmony made her way to the lakeside. The slight breeze felt sharp on her skin, a sensation that wasn't pleasant. The light layer of snow crunched beneath her shoes. She preferred the warmer summer weather, which would be coming in the next few months. Hopefully. While she did hate the cold, it wasn't keeping her from one of her favorite family members, Avery. 

Of course, Avery decided to dip her toes in the freezing lake. Naturally. Harmony was debating joining her, but then remembered that she hated being cold and would be content sitting by her cousin with her legs folded inside. Plus there was that whole weird thing with the squid. She heard rumors it was friendly, but didn't want to test it. 

"Hey Avery, what'cha doing?" Usually Avery was always up to something totally interesting, and Harmony couldn't wait to see what was next.   

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Avery Potter

She heard her name being spoke and a smile appeared. Avery looked up to see Harmony, the girl she had spent a lot of her childhood running around with. It had been easy for the two to bond given how close they were in age, and she had been a little upset when they had been separated by the arrival of her Hogwarts letter. The fact her cousin was now at school caused her to be full of joy.

Pretty soon there would be Potters, Weasley-Grangers and Weasleys in every single house at the school. She could just feel that they were going to be awesome. Just as awesome as the creatures that she was currently searching for within the lake. If it were summer, Avery would have no trouble in diving straight into the water. She maybe loopy at times, but she was not suicidal.

“I’m trying to find flying seahorses.” She told Harmony, turning back to the lake. “I’m meant to be researching them for my internship. They are super cute. Plus, the daddies are the ones to have the babies.”

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"Oh wow, really? How does that work?" Secretly, Harmony wondered how nature could be so interesting sometimes. Though, she was magical and magic was interesting in itself, that meant the natural world also would have mysteries like the flying seahorses. She couldn't wait until she could take Care of Magical Creatures, and learn about mysterious creatures like those seahorses Avery was studying.

"I wonder if there are any pregnant ones in there. Maybe you'll get to see the babies!" The simple idea of seeing cute little flying seahorse babies made her excited. "How do you find them? I can help!" Hopefully help was allowed on these internships, because Harmony really wanted to see baby seahorses that day.

Avery Potter

As Harmony asked about the seahorses she smiled. She had been hoping that someone would be just as enamoured about the creatures as she was. “I read up about it. The daddies have some sort of pouch and the mum’s have the eggs.” Avery said, a simple explanation for such a complex reproduction system. “They carry the babies between nine to forty-five days. They have so many babies. Can you imagine having lots of brothers and sisters? I thought that three brothers were sometimes rotten.”

She adored her brothers. She just, at times, wished they were sisters.

“I’m sure there are.” Avery looked back towards the lake. “We need to catch their attention. I brought a little food…” she indicated to the small box that was to the right of her with small crustaceans in water. “…I just need to figure out how to get them to realise they should come here.”

Majesty

Warmth was nice.

Laying on warm rocks was nice.

What wasn’t nice? The cold.  Why did it have to be so cold?  Winter was ending, which warmth should be coming soon, but still, it was cold.

Laying on peculiar larger rock, which Majesty was fond of for obtaining the most warmth, he craned his neck noticing two children of the castle.  One of yellow, one of red. None were green.  These, for what he could tell, were nice children, standing, before stretching in almost every direction, Majesty opened his massive wings and became airborne.

Landing with a thud the beast cocked his head to the child of fair skin.

Sniffing the air, he smelled food. But warmth was coming from the children.  warmth was good.

Edited by Majesty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.