Alexander Crow

Winter Holiday Circe 2040

Alexander Crow

Alex woke up on a chilly morning happy and excited. For one, he was back in his own room, on his own comfy bed with the solar system sheets, stuffed animals littered all around to guard him. The young ravenclaw has been back home for the winter holiday for a few days now, getting acclimated to a non magic household after he's been away from it for what feels like forever. For a first few hours, it was rather bizarre to not have things move on their own, stare at portraits only to realize that they are standing still with no intention of moving or making remarks, doors can be opened without having to say a password or solve a riddle. It didn't last long thank goodness, and he found himself embracing the muggleness around him. There's no place like home indeed.

Today is extra special however, since Alex will have a friend from school over for the first time ever. Alvis is supposed to come by train promptly at 4:00 PM, in time for a nice dinner that was hand prepared with no magic by his Mum. He is going to accompany his Dad at the train station to pick up the older gryffindor, and Penelope is supposed to be nice and refrain from making remarks that will embarrass her younger brother. Though that last bit is rather impossible, he is at last feeling optimistic about everything else.

The car ride to the train station as pretty standard, though Alex could barely contain his excitement as they pulled up. He considers this a milestone in his young life, not having anyone to invite over before. Mum was delighted to hear that her shy son has made friends in school, and one of them was coming to visit. Dad is quiet as usual, Penelope rolled her eyes and loudly scoffed at the thought of his loser brother making friends. Classic.

"Dad, I don't see Alvis anywhere... maybe his train is running late?" Alex stood on tiptoe, craning his neck to see through the thick crowd that faintly reminded him of the dueling chamber.  "Nonsense son, it's right on schedule" Papa Crow responded, checking his watch. The man is tall and blond just like his son, but with hazel eyes that Penelope inherited. It was too early to get worried but he starting to feel rather anxious, what if Alvis didn't want to go after all? What if he had to cancel and the owl somehow got lost?

A few minutes later, Alex spotted his friend in front of a nearby shop, staring at something through the window. "Oh there he is Dad!" He beamed and ran towards the older boy. This is about as much emotion he felt comfortable showing in front of his father, which is quite a special occasion. "Hey Al! Glad you can make it! What are you looking at?" He stared over at the shop's front display, wondering what caught his friend's eye. 

Alvis Anderson

It felt a little strange being back in the muggle world after being at Hogwarts, he'd spent the summer flying around the globe with his mum and dad and the previous Christmas break he'd been at the school, so it had been a long time since he'd spent time along without magical surrounding him!  As his parents had been working this year, the second year boy had spent his first few days with his grandparents who lived but a stones throw from the train station, so when he had gone to catch the train he was very early and managed to hop on an earlier one than needed.

It was a very cold day but being the slightly odd individual, Alvis was supporting army green three quarter's, a long sleeved rock T-shirt of his favourite band, bright red trainers and a yellow bobble hat. Stood next to a shop window he was looking at a rather dazzling pair of rainbow finger-less gloves that had little LED lights inset that flashed on and off. He heard someone calling his shortened name from across the station and when he looked up rather dreamily towards the spot, the typical Cheshire cat grin spread across his face.

''Alex me old bean! Of course I've made it, can't let me pal down can I and a promise is a promise after all! I was just eyeing up those gloves mate, go a treat with this onsemble right?!'' He held out his arms so that Alex could capture the full experience of his get up. ''So is that your farther? Hello Alex's farther, it's a pleasure.'' Alvis held out his hand, all though he was dressed oddly he looked very clean and well turned out for a change, normally he looked a bit rough round the edges and could do with a wash but today he was kind of smart.

''I got here a bit early as I'm with my grandparents and I decided to, well my feet wandered and I got distracted! Oh hold on got something for you mate!'' Alvis pulled of his backpack and produced a replica of his own yellow hat but in the colours of Alex's Hogwarts house, blue and silver stripes and a golden eagle outline was prominent on the front. ''Made it my self, hope you like it!''   

Alexander Crow

Alex couldn't help but giggle at Alvis' flashy ensemble. He should have asked what he was planning on wearing beforehand, it would have made it easier to spot him then. His friend is indeed standing out from the crowd with his multi-colored getup, his favorite is the yellow bobble hat. Maybe he can find out where he got it later on, and get himself one but in ravenclaw blue. "Ooh those gloves will look good while you're dueling... might help distract your opponent too..." It would certainly distract him, just like Pali's flashy shoes.

Papa Crow shook Alvis' hand with a formal "How do you do, young man?"  and Alex pressed pause on his excitement to give them time for an exchange of pleasantries. Didn't take too long though, as his father is a man of few words. His Dad briefly left to get the car and they were alone to talk. He jumped back in when the older gryffindor gave him a present. "Ooh cool! Thanks!" He promptly put the hat on, it feel warm and soft against his blond hair. "I didn't know you could knit, very nice thanks again!" Maybe he can show it to his dorm mates when he gets back to school.

"So Mum is making roast beef for dinner... and apple pie for dessert!" Alex could feel his stomach rumbling at the thought, though he will need to eat the vegetables that went with the roast. He barely ate in school, having the freedom to partake whatever he wanted in the Great Hall plus being able to sneak into the kitchens for snacks did quite a number on his eating habits. 

Papa Crow returned with the car and Alex was practically bouncing around at this point. He was anxious to get home and show Alvis around. He opened the car door and motioned for his friend to go in first. "Don't forget to buckle up.. I wish they had seatbelts on the school brooms" He whispered, not wanting his father to hear how potentially dangerous flying could be. "So, what have you done for the holidays so far? I miss dueling... it's rubbish that they don't let us use magic outside school.."

Alvis Anderson

Alex's Farther seemed a man of very little words but nice enough, Alvis was used to stern or grumpy grown ups who didn't talk much but he didn't seem like that and maybe just preferred to listen then rabbit on! Anyway while MR Crow went to get the car the two chattered on and Alex seemed to like the hat Alvis made for him, ''Yeah, well spending a lot of time with my grans I picked up the simple stuff, hats and gloved=s come in handy when it's cold right!''

Once they found the car, Alex let him in first and wanted to know what he'd been up to, ''Well being at Gran and Granddad's there's a bit more to do like shopping and cinema's then back home so caught up on some films and muggle stuff. Not been exploring much as it' built up and I don't want any magic to unexpectedly happen if I get in danger or upset, mind you I don't get upset easily but getting in trouble especially in the muggle world I do rather excel at that! What about you?''

Alvis watched as MR Crow began to drive off from the station, he often looked dazed or dreamy but he loved focusing on physical operations and mechanics, his farther had said he would make a good engineer or mechanic before finding out he was a wizard and he still held on to the dream he would join the RAF when e was older but Alvis had some other ideas by now. ''Is your right front wheel a bit sticky MR crow? I could look at it for you if you like? Sounds a bit loose to me!''