Chaol Edevane

A place to hang your hat

Chaol Edevane

Finding a spot on the train was a bit trickier than Chaol thought it would be. Oh, he’d found a place to put his luggage easily enough, but a place where he could sit down for the duration of the ride to the school was proving to be more difficult. There were so many students, so many people already grouped off and unapproachable. It made him feel like he was back in the muggle world, trying to find a niche where he could make himself comfortable.

It turns out being a wizard was just like being a normal human being. How lame.

Dismissing another compartment as a potential place to sit because it was full of older students---girls at that--- Chaol sighed. If he didn’t find a compartment soon, he really was going to end up spending the entire trip in the loo.

He came to a stop in front of one compartment. It wasn’t as crowded as the others. Maybe he could hang out here?

“Oi,” he said by way of greeting as he poked his head in. “Mind if I sit with you? Everywhere else is full.”

Avery Spellsworth

Avery said goodbye to his parents and set off through the crowd looking for his best friend Mikey Stormcutter, but the crowd was too crowded and Mikey couldn't be found. Also, Avery kept hitting people in the shins with his trunk. It was probably best to store it in a compartment before continuing to search for his friend.  He put it in an overhead rack and then turned around when the new boy arrived.

"Oh, sure. I was going to look for my friend. Do you think someone might steal my stuff if I leave it here?" He didn't want anyone rummaging through his trunk and messing with his collection of magical stones.

Chaol Edevane

Oh, so he was going to be alone for a bit? "Nah, you should be fine," Chaol said. "Unless you didn't get your trunk with the standard protections. Then you might be out of luck." He eyed the boy's trunk with faint interest. "Why? You got something in there people might want to take for themselves?"

Serena Sinnet

Serena had always imagined train rides as something that went smoothly. You hop on, find your seat, enjoy. With this order. She was certain about it because muggle tickets always had a compartment and a seat number on them. But this one, the ticket she was currently in possession of, was different. First of 9 and 3/4. Platform 9 and 3/4. It was weird, even if her father explained everything the previous day. Now, staring at the red engine and the smoke that was filling the platform, she was even more uncertain of the ease of travelling. 

Having no other choice but to stick with the train, she hoped on board and searched - furiously - for an empty compartment. Her brain cells weren't in the mood for idle chit chat with her future classmates. Soon enough the realization that she wouldn't find any, sunk in. She almost passed it by, when her feet stopped her. Two people. The corner of her eye caught two people, that was most certain. 

Serena went back and into the compartment. "Sorry to interrupt but there is no seat elsewhere. I am Serena." What has she interrupted though?