Sign in to follow this  
Mati Kildare

Mati vs. Jaxon

Mati Kildare

"Ohayo! Sinclair!" Mati waved over-enthusiastically to @Jaxon Sinclair as he passed near the breakfast-laden Hufflepuff table. Mati had already been awake for a couple of hours and was quite excited to use the chessboard his aunt had sent him last year. It seems that there was enough interest in the game to start a club, and clubs meant friends. 

He slid a plate of hashbrowns and platter of scrambled eggs aside to make space before plopping down the wizarding chess set onto the table. "Care for a game? I've only really played @Radueriel Benson, think you can beat me?" He grinned a playful challenge, motioning to the seat across from him

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack had spent an obscene amount of time at the Hufflepuff table the year before, crashing his sister's relationship with Nox Bordelon, but since then, he'd spent a majority of his mornings with the Ravenclaws, only occasionally interloping with the Hufflepuffs when @Adrina Althaus-Valerio said hello to him in the morning.  

It wasn't Adrina that morning, however, but Mati Kildare, a boy he'd only ever really interacted with in class.  Still, they were in a club together and so it seemed impolite to say no.  That, combined with the challenge that followed...well, Jack had never been one to walk away from a thrown gauntlet, so to speak.

Shrugging his bag from his shoulder, the Slytherin sat down.  "I think I can give you a difficult game, at the very least."

Mati Kildare

The Hufflepuff boy was practically buzzing with happiness as the game got underway. He stayed mostly quiet, though, content with the silent exchange happening on the board for a little while. There was little violence, only the shattered remains of one of his pawns had been moved off into the graveyard to heal.

As he started to gain a strategy, Mati attempted to start up some small talk, "any idea how they make these boards magical? I was talking with @Radueriel Benson last year and I thought it would be cool to carve and magick a magical creatures chessboard. Puffskein pawns, dragon knights, stuff like that." He looked up from the board to study his opponents expression, hand blindly reaching for a breakfast sausage from a nearby platter.  

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack watched one of his pieces smash through one of Mati's not long into the game.  At least there was that.  His game with Killian had dragged on quite awhile before he'd managed to take a piece at all.  Tapping his fingers against the table, he surveyed the board from behind his glasses.  How had he ended up in chess club again?

Oh, right.  Alister.  That was how.

He'd spent far too long trying to outplay his cousin, which really wasn't fair, all things considered.  Alister could see the future.  That seemed like a vast advantage over the rest of the world.  Advantage enough that he'd given up sports at Hogwarts, at least, but somehow still found it in his heart to butcher Jack at chess every chance that he got.

"Charms," he mused out loud.  "Very high level charms, I imagine.  Or runes, maybe.  Your move."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.