Roxanne Alders

I found love where it wasn't supposed to be; right in front of me

Roxanne Alders

Roxanne chomped down on another biscuit, her eyes following her son, Declan, as he ran around on the nearby playground. He was playing pirates with some of the other kids there - she could tell, because he was wearing his eyepatch. A light smile came to her features before her eyes drifted elsewhere, to her companion for the day, Britney.

She and Britney had been dating steadily for a couple of years now, and she genuinely enjoyed being in the healer’s presence. They both had similar energies, and Roxy also liked that Britney had accepted Declan wholeheartedly. They’d had a picnic that day, of which she was still munching on the food left.

As she sat on the blanket next to Britney, Roxy had not a care in the world. Things seemed good; pure. “Are you as happy as I am?” Roxy asked Britney, feeling buoyant as she removed another biscuit (chocolate chip; the best kind), and offered it to her girlfriend.

Britney Lushia

Time loves to get away from people, and sometimes it is spending it with someone that is amazing and you don’t mind that time gets away. That was today, the healer was sitting with her girlfriend of a few years and watching her girlfriends son play with the other kids and she just smiled. While she didn’t have kids of her own, Roxanne son was close enough. 

To think that they meet at a gala a few years ago, and now they were just sitting there together having a small snack and watching her son play. With it being a nice day, they were sitting on a blanket snacking on some of the food that was left. Britney had placed her hand on top of Roxanne’s and smiled. 

When she asked if Britney was as happy as she was, Britney smiled and looked at her girlfriend. “I am, this is perfect right here.” She looked at her and leaned in to give her a small kiss, right after that she took the biscuit and took a bit of it. “It is nice to spend days like this together when I am off.” It was something she enjoyed and wished that she was able to have more of these days.

Roxanne Alders

Roxy smiled even more widely as Britney answered. For a while after graduation, Roxy hadn’t known if she’d ever find true happiness. Isolating herself from the magical world until Cam had drawn her back in had only enhanced her loneliness, but now… now she had friendships she could rely upon again. And she had… this. She easily returned Britney’s kiss, thinking of how different things were from how they had been back in her early 20’s.

She had never really had a long-lasting relationship until now. And now, to have Britney who was always there when she needed her… it was an adjustment, but a good one. And Britney and Declan got along great.

“I agree,” Roxy told Britney eagerly, finding that this seemed like a good time to broach the subject that had been on her mind for a while now. “Where do you think our future is going? I mean… I’m happy as we are… but I wanted to know. Do you see us ever moving in together? Getting married?” It took courage to ask, but Roxy wanted to know. She was a go-with-the-flow gal, and she’d easily oblige continuing on as they were, but she thought it was best they were both on the same page.

Britney Lushia

For a while, after she left healer school, she went traveling for a while. Knowing that she needed to get out of the London area and explore. She never had the luck of dating for a long time, but that was in the past and now in her mid 30s she was the happiest that she has ever been in her life. Knowing that back in her Hogwarts days, they were all leading up to this. Feeling Roxy kiss her, it always placed a smile on her face, and she knew that she made the right choose to choosing to date her. 

The last long time relationship she had was Ben, but that was back when she was at Hogwarts, and that was so long ago. She just couldn’t think of it as much more as her getting thrown into the world of dating, and she was his best friend before they started Hogwarts. 

Crazy how times have changed so much. 

Holding her hand as they watched her son run away, she was ready to hear the words that Roxy was saying to her. It has been something on her mind for a while, but she just didn’t know how to bring it up. But Roxy bring it up, made it easier to talk about. “Roxanne Alders, are you asking me to marry you?” She smiled at her girlfriend, knowing that wasn’t what she was doing. “I would love to marry you and move in with you. I would love to be in your arms at night after a long day at work.” 

Britney knew that this conversation would happen at some point, they been dating for a long time, she was shocked that it wasn’t something that came up sooner in their relationship. Britney could see herself getting married to Roxanne and living a long happy life with her.