Francis Barnes II

Introduce Yourself!

Francis Barnes II

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Arts and Crafts Club!

THE CLUB!

The Arts and Crafts Club is a place for students (and staff) to explore their creativity! As such, this club has a very broad "everything goes" outlook on the arts. Knitting? Painting? Pastry arts? Sewing your own dress robes? Creating a banner to support your friends in their upcoming quidditch match? Or perhaps you're just looking for an excuse to set off fireworks? Who cares! Explore your aesthetic in The Arts and Crafts Club!

OUR GOALS!

To help foster inter-house unity through a shared interest in the arts!  Club Time is not restricted to any one location in the castle.  Instead, members are allowed (and encouraged!) to seek creative solace and inspiration anywhere, be it the quiet quarters of an empty classroom or the still shores of the Black Lake!  The Arts and Crafts Club is a place where students can explore their creative interests, grow their potential, and seek help and validation in their artistic endeavors!

CLUB ACTIVITIES!

Arts and crafts supplies do not come cheap.  They cost money and The Arts and Crafts Club does not have a bottomless budget to work with.  In an effort to remain semi-independent, the club frequently hosts bake sales, art markets, and similar venues in an effort to keep their coffers full and their budget in the green.  Club Time is therefore split between creating art, planning for these fundraisers, and other similar activities!

YOU!

Is The Arts and Crafts Club for you?  Yes?  Oh good!  We're so glad to hear that!  How about you take this moment to introduce yourself?  Tell us a little about what brought you here, what your artistic interests are, and what you hope to contribute to the club!  I'll go first:  My name is Francis Barnes, and I like to draw, knit, paint, and have a minor interest in sewing (family full of seamstresses, what can you do?)  I hope to meet new friends and participate in several fun activities as a member of the Arts and Crafts Club!  =D

Edited by Francis Barnes II

Robin Corelli-Rose

Hello~!

I'm Robin, Second Year Ravenclaw and what really got me to join this club is the opportunity to fold my origami and take my Hogwarts maps from sketches to something actually functioning, in an environment of like-minded people. So trust me to bring lots of colourful and patterned paper to class, as well as colour-changing inks. Oh! I'll also be bringing baked goods, since my dads own a bakery, and coffee, since my uncles own a coffee shop. Caffeine and creativity go hand-in-hand, right?

I have ideas for RPs we could do relating to this club, like maybe to find out if wishes really do come true, once you make one-thousand cranes :3

---

As a matter of fact, Robin was not quite so verbose. Neither had he expected to be the first one to talk, following their Creative Director Francis Barnes II. This was apparently the unvoiced decision made by all the other club members, as well. But his cousin was giving him a pointed look of excited hope and Robin realized he was going to tear that proverbial Band-Aid right off.

He raised his hand in greeting and said, quietly, so that everyone had to lean in and listen, "I fold origami." A pause. "And make maps." He blinked at each of the gathered members in turn and added, "I can also bring coffee and cupcakes."

Oh, and, "I have ideas."

Radueriel Benson

Hullo, I'm Rad. I draw, and I paint, and I knit, and I like cutting paper into funny shapes. I think quills are stupid and I will die on this hill no matter what anybody says. I have a lot of colored pencils that I usually keep in my hair, and I guess I could share them if I'm there and watching to make sure you don't do something stupid with them like snap them in half or something.

I can have my mum owl me some needles and more yarn if you want me to run some seminars or something.

Pandora Midnight

"um well, Hello I am Pandora. I have been doing needlepoint since I was about seven or so years old. I um can also...have been learning to play piano. Lastly, as of late I have been...." She trails off here, planning to say she had become interested in baking but since Robin is in the room and he was what inspired her to learn, she gets too embarrassed and just sits there awkwardly and red faced until someone else says something.

Damien Belizaire

"I'm Damien and I designed and helped create the new Hufflepuff Quidditch uniforms." 

Now if they actually gave them a chance to wear them that would be great. 

He also didn't mention the fact that one day they'd be wearing clothes with his name on the tag (if they could afford it). 

Harlow Naginouni

"I'm Harlow, and I'm here because I'm really looking forward to knitting."

Christmas would be upon them soon and Christmas sweaters needed to be knitted.

Kay Wickham

Hey, I'm Kay! I'm here to make sure everyone's being cool and not a bunch of jerks, cuz jerks will get punched in the gut. If anyone steals anyone's stuff, I'll track 'em down and make 'em pay, so everybody better be nice and fair and open with each other!

I also like to draw pen tattoos and action comics, like this comic I'm drawing of me roundhouse-kicking a rotten art thief.

Cora Ives

Hey, hi, hello, I'm Cora and I like drawing bunnies on everything I can find. I'm not very good at crafting always because it's a lot of work and I have clumsy fingers but I enjoy doing all of it. I like painting pots as gifts for people, and I like making stuffed animals out of leftover fabric scraps, and I like painting people's faces if they'll let me. (They don't.)

I promise I'm not a jerk or an art thief, please don't punch me in the gut.

Avery Potter

Hello! I am Avery and I love GLITTER. I also love FAIRIES. I want to paint, to colour and to create as many fairy-related things possible. 

Kelby Matos

Kelby had a secret that she had not told anyone else.

When her year made their decision to start the arts and crafts club, she instantly was uninterested. Aside from music, she lacked creativity normally. Her stick figures looked like they were diseased, she often messed up her stitches while sewing, and painting and sculpting were entirely too messy. Plus, she absolutely abhorred glitter. But then, something magical happened. She realized there was one perfect reason for her to join the club. Really, it was the most wonderful opportunity.

There would be so much to clean! When the Gryffindor was stressed, she always relished the feeling of scrubbing a floorboard or sweeping the kitchen. It was methodical and meticulous in a way that kept her thoughts from roaming too much when she wanted to clear her head.

But she couldn’t tell all of these people that, so instead, she froze.

“Hi, I’m Kelby,” she said as she began her introduction. Now, it was time to stall. “I’m a second year Gryffindor.” Another pause. Awkward silence followed as she looked down at her robes and then back up to the majority of club members who actually already knew her. “And… I’m here for the … arts and crafts activities. Yeah.”

That was honest, right? Cleaning was an activity that resulted from arts and crafts, and no one could convince her otherwise. Feeling her face begin to flush, she instantly plopped back into her seat and hoped her words had been convincing.

Edited by Kelby Matos

Zara Anguariz

If there was one hobby that Zara loved pursuing throughout her life, it was art. Drawing, painting, or putting together a story to go with her art had been a daily thing back before she had started at Hogwarts. Now that she was about to graduate, Zara was thinking about taking more time to perfect her art and share it with others.

When she found out that there was going to be an Art Club, Zara quickly signed up and made time for it in her busy schedule. At fist, Zara quietly listened to her peers introduce herself. When it was her turn to talk, Zara put on her most friendly smile. "Hi everyone. For those that don't know me, my name is Zara. I like to draw, paint, and make up stories to go along with my drawings. Through this club and after graduation, I hope to pursue my art further."

Alecia Yates

Alecia could not believe that Hogwarts was going to start having clubs. Back in her youth, she had been a part of several clubs including art, music, and soccer. Her favorite had been the art club since this meant using her creative mind and making pretty things with a lot of glitter.

The first club she had signed up for had been the Art Club. Alecia had brought some supplies with her to the first session. When it was time to introduce herself, Alecia said brightly, "I'm Alecia.  I like making crafts and giving them to others. Here. Have some glitter. I have plenty of it." Alecia started to pass out the glitter.

Henry Sanders-Banagher

There were so many other students in the Arts and Crafts Club. "My name is Henry and I like everything!" 

Oh, he probably should have been slightly more specific than that. 

"Um, well, I like making the scenery for my brother Heath's plays!"

Halley Naginouni

She wasn't really one for arts and craft, but Halley thought joining at least one club might alleviate her boredom.

"Hi, my name's Halley. I like to draw things, especially things based on the books I've read."

Phillip Aldermaston

Arts and crafts club?  Phillip was there – he liked drawing for one thing and he made little wooden models and the like for another.   And he’d been fiddling with knitting so there was that? So of course, when the sign ups came, he eagerly signed his name.

Introducing himself was  something harder.  “Uhh…I like  drawing and painting and woodwork”  Of course, if they were going to start doing something like drama, Phillip wanted no part  of that – well, alright, he might be persuaded to fiddle about behind the scenes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.