Fiona Weaver

In short, luck's always to blame

Fiona Weaver

Fiona Weaver: Placebo Group 
[Lesson Link]

@Nicodemus Knight

Fiona took the stairs two at a time up from the potions dungeons, putting on a little bit of speed so that she could get to her Hospital Wing shift as quickly as possible. If she only had half an hour before the Felix Felicis wore off, she’d better spend as much of it as possible in a place where she could do good.

I don’t know what’s gotten into me,” she confessed to Nico, who was walking beside her. “I never drink stuff the professors give me, I just...couldn’t stop thinking about whether there might be a patient upstairs who needs me to be lucky right now.”

The friends had reached the ground floor landing, where their paths would ordinarily part. 

Well, good luck?” she told Nico, then laughed at her own unintentional joke. “I mean...you know. Pick something good to do for the next half hour. Let me know how it turns out at patrol tonight.”

Now that the potion was drunk and there was no turning back, Fiona had to admit she was curious about how the effects would manifest for them both.

Nicodemus Knight

♞ Nicodemus Knight 
♘ Felix Felicis Group ♘ Lesson Link

Nico nodded as he listened to his best friend.  “Yeah, I know what you mean.  I’d thought I’d learned my lesson a long time ago, particularly after the whole Hate Potion fiasco.  And yet…”  Nico shrugged.  Having amazingly good luck sounded like fun. 

“Heh.  Actually, I think I’ll tag along if you don’t mind.  I don’t really have anything better to do.  And who knows, maybe having two people with Liquid Luck will be twice as good for your patients?”

Nico had no idea if that was how this thing would work or not.  But hey, it was worth a try.  Plus, he really didn’t have anything better to do.

Fiona Weaver

“Come with me?” repeated Fiona, surprised, “To my shift? I mean, of course you’re welcome to, but I thought you were planning to head up to Ravenclaw tower to study after potions.” Not that Fiona was about to argue with Nico’s logic. The two sixth-years started up the next flight of stairs.

Might be pretty boring,” she observed, “Maybe me being lucky means I won’t have any patients this shift. Agh!”

This last exclamation was because Fiona had bumped into someone going around a narrow corner, and the strap of her school bag was jostled off her shoulder. Fiona groaned and turned back as her bag toppled to the ground and half her possessions went bumping down the stairs.

That’s...weird...” she muttered as she replaced her History flash cards in their pocket. “That didn’t seem very lucky.”

Nicodemus Knight

“I was gonna say… wouldn’t boring be good?  It seems like you’d want boring… then again, too few people is probably too boring.”  Nico wasn’t really sure how hospital wing shifts really worked, since he didn’t tend to pay all that much attention when he was hanging out with Fiona in there.  He mostly just read a book and idly chatted with his best friend.  For all he knew, she could be diffusing bombs in there.

Nico stooped to help pick up Fiona’s stuff.  “I don’t know, maybe there’s a reason we needed to stop?  Like, maybe something bad would’ve happened if we’d already gotten to the Hospital Wing?”  Nico grabbed a book. 

Fwoosh.

Man, that spell was close.  Wonder what it was.

Nico ran a hand through his nearly singed curls and yelled over his shoulder “Hey!  No spells in the corridors!”  He stood back up and offered Fiona the book.  “Shall we?”

Fiona Weaver

Fiona had already been straightened up to put her bag back in order. She saw just how narrowly the errant spell missed Nico. Had he not been bent over to pick up her book, the stray magic would’ve beaned him right in the head. She stood there a moment, gaping. Luckily, Nico wasn’t as distracted and was able to use his Prefect Voice on the trouble-maker.

Wand away! Five points from...wherever!” she added pathetically before accepting her book and turning back to their destination.

So...that spell back there...only missed you because you were bent over to pick up my book,” she noted as she tugged open the Hospital Wing door. “Which is weird, because I was starting to think that maybe Santiago slipped us fake Felix Felicis. Now I’m not so sure.”

She ducked quickly back into the staff room, leaving Nico to wait while she stored her bag and pulled her hair back. Fiona’s hair tie snapped, lashing painfully against her wrist. The Hufflepuff sighed. Technically, they responded to the reparo charm, but they were all stretched out after that, pretty much useless. How could there be any luck in a snapped hair tie, for Fiona OR Nico? Immediately re-skeptical, Fiona emerged from the staff room to rejoin her best friend.

Nico, do you think he might’ve messed with the potions somehow?”

Nicodemus Knight

“Huh.  I mean, it could be a coincidence, but I would think that we could probably attribute it to the Felix Felicis.”  Nico followed Fiona into the Hospital Wing, but waited for her to do whatever she needed to do in the back.

As he waited he started to look around, trying to figure out how many of the beds were occupied.  As he turned his head, he caught a glint of metal out of his peripheral vision.  Huh, wonder what that is.  He walked over to a bed and looked under it.  Dude!”  Nico reached down and grabbed the object.

He stood up and turned around as he heard Fiona’s voice.  “I’m not sure… but I just found a galleon!”  Was it definitive proof that the potion had worked?  No.  But it was starting to seem more and more likely to the Ravenclaw.

Fiona Weaver

Inexplicably, Fiona had no spare hair ties in her bag, so she did indeed have to make do with the half-ruined one. She had just finished a low, loose ponytail when Nico held up his prize. Fiona gaped. Nico’s luck was definitely uncanny so far. It was easy to watch what she assumed was Felix Felicis at work—every little twist of luck made simple coincidence more unlikely. If that’s what the effects were supposed to look like, though, Fiona’s own potion was working more subtly, differently, or not at all.

But hey, there were still twenty-two minutes left, maybe she’d find a galleon too.

Okay I’ll grant that’s very lucky, but you’ve got to wait and see if anyone claims it,” she insisted. “We’ve got a lost-and-found drawer in the back.”

She was crossing the room to collect the galleon when she heard the first sounds of coughing in the hallway. Then the big main doors opened and in spilled about a half-dozen students—coughing, stumbling, and a few being supported by their classmates. A quick observation showed them all to be Ravenclaws.

Miss Lunes!” Fiona called into the back for reinforcements. There was a certain tone of voice she used in the Wing to convey urgency to her coworkers while simultaneously not letting on to a patient that she was out of her depth. In this case, that there were far too many patients here to handle alone.

Lucky?!

Nico, see if anybody can tell you what this is about,” requested Fiona as she yanked a woozy Ravenclaw’s arm around her shoulders and half-dragged him to a bed.

Nicodemus Knight

Nico nodded in assent and was more than happy to turn the galleon over to Fiona.  Before he could, though, a convocation of Eagles spilled into the Hospital Wing. 

Nico frowned at the students wondering why they were all coughing so much.  He gave a quick nod of his head and headed towards the back of the group, trying to see if anyone was less afflicted by the… whatever it was.

Moments later he returned to Fiona.  Shaking his head, he said, “Looks like it was an experimental potion gone wrong.  No one can… or would… tell me who’s to blame, but I have my suspicions.”  Ollie’s always trying stuff, but knows well enough to have a plan to protect herself from something like this.  I’ll have to ask her what she knows about this later.

“Apparently, it just happened and they came straight here.  Heck, if I’d gone back to the common room after class, I’d probably be here now anyway… just as a patient.  Man, that was lucky…”  Nico’s eyes widened slightly.  “Oh Great Gretzky.  You don’t think…”  Nico gave a low whistle.  Man, that Liquid Luck was good stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.