Alvis Anderson

Back to back they faced each other. Drew their swords and shot each other!

Alvis Anderson

Sweat was dripping from his face, a felling of despair and futility growing by the second as he made is way down the dark corridor that seemed to be completely deserted except for Alvis! The young cub had a feeling that something was following him but he just couldn't seem to locate a single thing around him be it a student, professor or creature, it was this thought that Alvis suddenly felt a jolt in the pit of his stomach. What was the creature that professor Foster had shown them in class the other day? A Pogrebin, that was it.

He span round looking very low to the floor and just as he caught sight of the little but very dumpy looking creature, rock like with teeth, he heard someone calling his name as though from far away, he turned and was no longer in a dark and almost pitch black corridor but in the flame lit Armour Gallery. ''Where am I? Who called my name?'' Alvis thought he saw someone at the other end of the gallery and he strained to see who or what it was, quickly he pulled out his wand instinctively just in case it was a Pogrebin or someone not to friendly.

Slowly he began to move towards the figure and when he was half way down the Gallery he stopped, ''OH Blueberries! It's you!'' 

Aiden Hunter

Why couldn't Hogwarts just have some nice lights?

Aiden sighed as he walked through the armor gallery. I mean come on, why did it have to be lit by flame? It just made everything so...creepy. Though, Aiden would never let anyone know that he felt that way. Either way, he had decided that he didn't really like the armor gallery. It always felt like something or someone was watching him. Maybe it was the giant, empty, dead-eyed looking suits of armor that just sat there as he walked through the corridor. Or maybe it was the fact that it always seemed too quiet as he traveled. Maybe it was just a mix of both?

Either way, he continued down that armor gallery with a scowl on his face. His first year was coming to an end already. He could barely even believe it. In some ways, he was glad that the year was over. In others, he felt as though he hadn't accomplished as much as he wanted to in the year. Either way, there was nothing that could be done about it now. He would just have to focus on the future.

He looked up at a suit of armor and sighed again when he heard a familiar voice and catchphrase. Oh blueberries could only mean it was one person. He looked over at his friend and smiled, "Oh, hey Alvis. What are you doing here?"

Alvis Anderson

Still with a chilling line of sweat on his brow, the young lion cub's face changed from that of blank and dreamy to his normal cheerful Cheshire cat smile within seconds, ''AIDEN! Err! Tell you the truth mate I don't really know. One second I thought I was being followed by a Pogrebin but next second I hear you coming.''

He wiped the sweat from his brow and looked around the gallery, the flames dancing off the suits of armor and other metallic objects that lined the walls and stone work. Nothing seemed to be there but Alvis kept his wand in hand just in case. ''Did you hear or feel anything else around as you came in? I can't tell what's real and what's in my head half the time!''

It must be late but not enough to be after curfew just yet, Alvis often found himself standing somewhere completely random when his concentration ran away to play in his fantasy world inside his head. Every now and then he would wake from a dreamy sleep and find that he had walked off somewhere completely out of the blue. Suddenly Alvis turned on the spot, ''What was that?'' he said rather quietly for the normally over enthusiastic first year.     

Aiden Hunter

Aiden watched as Alvis seemed to re-enter the real world. "A Pogrebin?" He had seen them in a book at some point. They were ugly little creatures, with big heads. But, they didn't live near Hogwarts, right? Either way, Aiden decided to watch his back, you never knew what could happen at Hogwarts. "So why exactly do you think a Pogrebin is looking for you?"

Aiden watched Alvis looked around the gallery. The boy looked like an absolute madman wiping sweat from his face. He looked over at the suits of armor, nothing seemed to be there. Why exactly did Hogwarts need an armor gallery anyways? I mean it's not like wizards and witches were known for wearing armor. When Alvis asked his question Aiden shook his head, "Nah, didn't seem like there was anything." It didn't surprise him that Alvis couldn't tell what was real or not, he always had his head in the clouds. Almost like he never knew where he was or what he was doing.

When Alvis flipped around Aiden immediately went on alert and pulled his wand out. "Probably nothing." He spoke quieter than usual. "Maybe just someone's pet that got loose?" There was no way that Pogrebins were really at Hogwarts, right?

Peeves

Peeves was slightly bored.  With all of the visitors to the castle this year, he had had to be on his best behavior.  The Bloody Baron had made him promise.  While there was not much you could do to a poltergeist, Peeves did not like being on the Slytherin ghost's bad side.  Yes, the Bloody Baron actually did have a good side but that's another story for another thread.

For now, Peeves was floating along close to the ceiling of this particular corridor, watching one of the first years to find a way to pull some pranks on the unsuspecting Gryffindor to make sure no injury or harm came to the young lion prowling through the halls.  Arriving in the gallery, Peeves remained close to the ceiling and found a good spot to cause mayhem watch events unfold near one of the suits of armor as his prey the first year met up with one of his housemates.  Could this end up a prank one, get one free deal?  

Peeves attention was caught by the suspicions being voiced by the boy he had been following.  Still in his hiding spot behind a suit of armor, he could not help but shout out at the outrageous accusation.  "A POGREBIN??  You think I'm a mere pogrebin?  Why I've never been so insulted in my life!"  One might have thought the suit of armor had shouted at them.

Alvis Anderson

Shrugging his shoulders Alvis looked a little puzzled which was what his dreamy and far away face often looked like, ''I guess it must have been my subconscious picking up on Professor Foster's class! You heard what she said, they like to live in old places like this castle! I think I was daydream walking! You know what I'm like!'' Poor Alvis knew he was a wandering daydreamer as his parents and now his best friend had told him before.

He drew his wand intensively once more as a voice came from out of no where, or as it seemed from a suit of armour as that was the direction the sound came from, ''A suit of armour wouldn't make me feel like this, Who is there? Aiden get ya wand out chap!'' he looked at his friend who just didn't have the reaction time like he did, it must have something to do with the lack of hours Aiden put into duelling right?! ''I don't think it's a pet mate, most creatures I know of can't talk, unless they can in the magical world?!''

The young lion cub was contemplating what could be talking, a rush of things came zooming into his mind but nothing seemed to fit plus he just wasn't thinking magically at this point, why would he as he'd only spent almost a year knowing he was a wizard, ''What do you think it is? At least we know I'm not mad now, there is something in here!''

Peeves

Peeves, meanwhile was muttering and sputtering under his breathe from his hiding place.  Was he aware that it made it seem as if the suit of armor was talking?  Of course he was.  Peeves was the most experienced poltergeist in Hogwarts.  Well, okay.  Granted he was the only poltergeist in Hogwarts but he had been there as long as the school had (rumor had it, even longer) so he definitely was experienced!  

"Claims I'm just a...  I never.... "

Aiden Hunter

Aiden chuckled, he definitely knew what Alvis was like. It seemed like his mind was always somewhere else, somewhere up in the clouds. Aiden always thought that he was a bit more perceptive than anyone gave him credit for though. “Yeah, it’s probably nothing.” Then again, he wouldn’t put it past this school to have something weird going on.

When Alvis suddenly drew his wand, Aiden jumped to pull his out, a bit slower than Alvis had. I mean Alvis had far more practice than Aiden did drawing his wand. “Man, you’re really fast with that.” He looked around from where the voice came from. He eyed a suit of armor and raised an eyebrow. No, it couldn’t be, none of the suits of armor were alive he knew that for sure.

“I-I don’t know Alvis.” He definitely wasn’t mad, Aiden had definitely heard something inside the armor gallery. “It sounded like it came from one of those suits of armor but, they can’t talk right?” He stepped a bit close to the armor and looked it up and down. He stepped back to stand next to Alvis. “If you aren’t a Pogrebin then what are you?”

Alvis Anderson

It was true Alvis had mastered a rather light speed reaction with his wand, he'd managed to holster it up his sleeve and when needed it would drop directly into his hand, ready to cast with no wasted motion or energy. ''When we get time I'll show you how to put the holster on and the arm movement! But this isn't the time.''

Then a voice came from a suit of armour, ''OH BLUEBERRIES! The games a foot!'' But Aiden had beaten him to moving closer to the source of all the problems and was looking it up and down, ''Your right their chap, they can move but not talk, nor can a Pogrebin! Only a few things in this castle can talk like that! Wizards and witches, ghosts or........'' He held his breath and rather then just blurt out what he thought might be the culprit, Alvis decided he would have some fun with this and flip the surprise onto the joker, ''....Well what else could it be? I mean maybe a goblin but the only one I know to be in the castle is only part goblin, mostly witch by the look of her. What do you think mate!'' He gave a wink to Aiden to try and get him to play along. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.