Gagwilde

who are you stalking?

Gagwilde

In this thread you can recommend your favourite threads, new or old, to others who might enjoy them.

To make sure your recommendation means something to members who aren't already familiar with your favourite characters or plots please use the following format when posting a recommended thread:

Thread Title Containing Link
Featuring: people in the thread
Location: so people know if it's in a forum they can't access

A short quote from or summary of the thread

Feel free to discuss the recommendations and your reactions to them within this thread. Sadly, there is no form I can make you fill out to discuss things so you can just post as you will.

Gracie-Mae Goodwin

There's a few things I've been reading lately that I really adore so I guess I am going to be the first one to share things in here. *flails*

Advanced Tier, Semi-Finals: Grace Foster vs Addison Toft

Featuring: @Grace Foster and @Addison Toft

Summary: It's the end of an era in the dueling chamber. (I could probably say this every VH year. Maybe I will make sobbing over seventh year tournament duels an annual thing.) The VH31 year has so many amazing duelists and this is the final time that two of them meet in the tournament. The duel includes some talk of what to do after graduation and is appropriately sentimental and I'm going to miss seeing these characters (and their yearmates) in the tourney so so much. 😭

Also I don't really know Kelby (I should probably say hi to her sometime? hi Kelby you write so beautifully omg) but I love reading solo threads and this one of hers caught my eye.

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn

Featuring: @Kelby Matos

She wanted to make her own choices, to live, to laugh, to smile, to cry, with no influence from someone who thought they knew her better than she knew herself.

Most importantly, she wanted to experience the freedom that came with being a child that had no responsibilities.

So when the meditator turned his body towards hers, waiting for her answer, Kelby gave herself only a second to steady her voice as she exhaled her answer. “I want to stop being afraid of dreaming because I’m too scared that my dreams will never come true.”  

I also really like to read up on what the unsorts are up to (new characters are so exciting ahh) and I am finding Sabine and Veil's thread to be a really entertaining read. Veil is kind of mysterious which keeps me wanting to know more about her, and Sabine has a way of looking at things that I find really interesting. They're both really intriguing characters and I'm really enjoying their interaction.

521 Diagon Alley

Featuring: @Sabine Frost and @Veillamoria Auguren Crux

"I'm here to buy a snake actually. " She replied with a smile as she looked at the owls in the window.

Unlike an owl — which Sabine saw as a beast with a purpose, and had the potential to be a pet, a snake…well, she could not see an obvious need for one. Or maybe one.

“Why, do you have a problem with vermin?”

:lol:

Damaris Denton

shouldn't have ever given me your phone number
Featuring: @Juan Garcia and @Kirk Lawson

I'm a sucker for text/letter threads, and this is a thread where Kirk & Juan are texting each other back and forth. Kirk is living with Reid and playing pro-quid and has just gotten a text from Juan who's just received his prefect's badge. 

if youre trying to look uglier before you get sent to azkaban for stealing it's working

Sent at: 12:04PM, 5 AUG 2040

Jaxon Sinclair

One girl swaying alone, stroking her cheek

Featuring: @Nellie Jansen and @Simon Armistead (I think...he hasn't actually posted yet, but I think she's referring to him)

Summary/Quotes: I have been lucky enough to be around for nearly all of Nellie's time on VH and I've been able to watch her grow as a writer, and let me tell you, she was always fantastic, but this thread really shows it.  The way she describes Nellie's loneliness over Simon's distance and the comparison to real world things that most people have felt and dealt with (like untouched plates, squeaking hinges, and crying down the end of a telephone) is astounding and even if you don't know Nellie personally, you should definitely read this thread, because this is the sort of thing I expect to see in an accomplished writer's best-selling novel.  Here are some quotes:

There is a kind of loneliness in untouched plates

in knowing that they share this space, but somehow drift.

AND

They weren't supposed to be these people after three years of dating again, after a child, after everything: and it sits in her stomach, reminds her that he is drifting just out of reach and that his work will consume him, again.  She can remember how it happened last time, how she had to beg him to put the love into their little family that he dedicates to his career.  And she can see it unfold, has the insight to see the way that he is weaving a new web.  When she gets up in the morning and sees an untouched plate, knows that he's eaten out of a box in the office and come home so late, it feels like a mile.

Now go.  GO READ!

Ariel Bellerose

One way or another I'm gonna find ya
Featuring: @Isobel Blake & @Behati Gadot

Did she really want Bee to explain how the whole process had gone just to poke fun at her? "Y'know: braces," she tried again, pointing at her teeth as she spoke.

"You have to leave them in for two years?" That was torture.

Shiloh Paige

Okay so I have a "Shipping lane" post in my CL that specifically deals with the Shiloh Paige / Stella Peabody threads. I refuse to move them all over into this post. So instead a link to that particular post:

Astraea Wang

Ain't no party like a werewolf party~