Alvis Anderson

Uniquely potable magic!

Alvis Anderson

While classes had finished Alvis found a little more free time on his hands before the yule ball. The young lion had asked a fellow first year to join him and she had accepted, all be it she wasn't the one he was originally going to ask but being a dreamy and impromptu kind of boy he looked at it as something to role with and see what happened.  So While he had time on his hands, he went to the library a place he didn't go to very often as he was more of an outdoors kind of guy, he'd rather take a book and sit up a tree then be stuck indoors.

However he really wanted to explore the delights the library had to offer, especially the restricted section! Any place that he shouldn't go seemed to draw the young cub in even more so if that place had spell books that could drastically improve his duelling game, yes the spells might be found upon but maybe they could help him learn something that could improve his duelling or what not.

He walked into the large and cavernous library, books lined every wall and space from the floor right the way to the very tall ceiling! He looked around in wonder as he hadn't really took in the size of the place when ever he was doing some last minute homework or spell revision.

Avery Potter

The library was truly not the place Avery Potter visited often. She had been there during class occasionally in order to help with her homework. She had even been there with Cosette on a hunt for muggle books. This time, Avery was entering the unknown alone. The young Hufflepuff wanted to find a couple of books in order to help with her dueling. Ethan had also let her borrow his copy of Mastering the Platform, and her father had sent her a copy just the evening before.

It was a useful book for her. She had written down all of Ethan’s added notes and know had her own to write them in. She wanted to know a little more about the activity that she was now undertaking. It wasn’t just the spells that she wanted to know – it was the customs behind them. Avery knew that if she wanted to do well (not just in the tournament) she needed to go out of her comfort zone.

“Alvis?” She said quietly as she spotted a familiar face. She sent a small smile to her Gryffindor friend, having only recently seen him in the chamber. “What are you doing in here?”

Alvis Anderson

A face full of wonder, the young cub heard his name being called by a familiar voice from next to him as he turned that broad Cheshire cat grin shot across his face, it was Avery whom he seemed to have been duelling quit frequently in the chamber lately, ''Howdy doodley do Avery! Well I don't normally like reading in doors but seeing as the weather out side can be classified as Arctic I thought I'd try and see if this place has anything on duelling that my book doesn't, maybe a little edge to help me with some spells or anything else.''

Now Alvis was one to blurt what ever was going through his mind but he aired on the side of caught as he really wanted to access the restricted section but would Avery act like your generic Hufflepuff and real off how he shouldn't as it's out of bounds unless you got permission.  He'd have to figure out away to convince her before mentioning it. ''So what you up to here? I've never noticed how big this place is, normally I walk in do my research and leave, not looked round before. Erm, what do you think is in there?'' he pointed to the cordoned off area behind the sign of the restricted section. Hay he didn't say he wanted to look in there, just what it was.

Back in the muggle world, the young lion cub had been a lone wolf wandering the world with his mother and father as they moved from place to place due to their respective jobs and this made it very hard for Alvis to make friends or communicate with people his own age, he'd often been told he was strange or weird but since coming to Hogwarts he found that the majority of his peers found him OK to be around. This had made Alvis a more confident socialite, which in turn tort him he didn't have to blurt out every thing going through his brain all the time. 

Avery Potter

As Alvis spoke she agreed with him about the weather outside. That wasn’t to say that Avery did not enjoy spending time within the snow. She adored snowball fights and creating snow angels. Reading? She preferred that in the comfort of a warm room with a mug of steaming hot chocolate. The Hogwarts library allowed her of one of those luxuries, for she knew if she tried to bring in food or drink she would be sent out straight away.

“Books we may never get to read.” Avery told Alvis, as she glanced towards the same section. “I heard that they are full of spells that are dangerous. You have to get special permission from someone to even go into that area.”

She wondered if they would get the chance to do such a thing. As first years she knew that any advance spell or potion would never be even uttered to them. They would instead learn the basics, the information they could understand and come to terms with. The library was a wonderful place to seek the spells that she wanted to learn. Avery did not want to live within its walls but knew when it was useful to be there.

“Want to sit with me? I was going to look at some books on dueling as well.” Avery said quietly. “I want to get a head start on second year. I cannot wait until we can use spells that I’ve seen some of the current second years using.”

Alvis Anderson

Although Alvis lived in a dream world most of the time, he did have a head on his shoulders when his feet and brain came back to those of the mere mortals! It was only when his attention got caught up in something else or his mind crept into the other plain that his feet would wander and take him into trouble.

''I guess so, I'm sure there would be some great spells we could use in there, then again I guess those spells are band in the chamber anyway, the foreign students don't use the ones they know!'' he was happy enough to join Avery over at a near by table and look up duelling spells that they would be able to use, ''I've managed to improve my blocking charm! Also I can do a bat bogey now, it takes a lot out of me but better than nothing right! What was you looking into? The confusing one looks a good choice!''

For now his attention was taken up by next level spells, it might only be a matter of time until his feet might take him some where he shouldn't be, would it be today or some time in the future, who knew? His gaze fell upon the sign and then quickly back at Avery. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.