Inara Kennedy

There’s nothing more dangerous than a boy with charm.

Inara Kennedy

Lyrics by Christina Aguilera || Continued from here.

This boy clearly thought he was charming but Inara was having none of it. She had gotten her heart broken just a few months before. She’d been engaged to @John Lupin! She would not be easily swayed ever again. Not to mention she thought she liked @Claes Althaus. But she didn’t really know what was going on in her life. Everything was complicated! She had hoped for an easy final year at Hogwarts and she had gotten the exact opposite.

At least he told her his name. She had honestly forgotten it. With four champions from each school, it was hard to remember them all. At least she’d known he was a champion… that was something, right? And then it hit her. Maybe he thought she should feel honored that he had chosen to dance with her. If that was the case, she didn’t. It was a dance. He was just another human being like she was. It wasn’t anything special. The champions had simply had something extra about them to get chosen by the Goblet of Fire.

Who cared?

Evidently many people. There were girls in the crowd staring at them like they wished they were dancing with Mika instead. Had he been able to charm them? She looked at his face and found that he was good looking but probably not to the level that he thought he was. His confidence was much higher than Inara would have thought if she’d simply looked at him. Inara, on the other hand, was always awkward and never sure of herself. They were certainly an interesting pair.

“It’s okay, I guess,” she replied. “A little boring, to be honest.” She caught a glimpse of Claes and sighed. She’d have to move on, she supposed. If he liked her back, he would have asked her to the ball. The dance ended and Mika pulled her over to a quiet spot of the tent. He was piling on more and more charm each second but it had yet to work. “What do you want to know?” she asked. She doubted he really cared but she’d play along. @Kaelyn Paddock was engrossed with what’s-his-name the Durmstrang kid (@Niklas Graf) and Claes was with @Elodie Dumont. What else did she have to do?

Edited by Inara Kennedy

Mika Chevalier-Desjardins

They moved away from the dance floor and Mika decided to lower the charm level. She wasn't responding to it. So he decided to try a new tactic. He needed to know more about her. Mika was always intrigued by the people who were able to ignore his charm. Those kinds of people were either not to be trusted or they were valuable assets. Where did this Inara girl lie?

"I think I agree with your assessment of the ball." Mika didn't like formal events like this. There were too many people and often there was someone in the crowd who he had already crossed paths with. "If I weren't a champion, I don't think I would have attended." He stopped at the punch table and poured a glass for both of them. He handed her one and took a sip of his.

Mika contemplated her question for a moment. He needed to pick the right one to get her to open up. He noticed her eyes darting around looking for people. His question formulated after that.

"Who did you want you to ask to this ball?" It was simple and to the point. There was no charm or deviousness in it. He just wanted to know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.