Mason Fluke

A Letter Home

Mason Fluke

TWT Champion Prompt:

Roleplay your correspondence home about the tournament.

Fluke was in a weird position. He had been adopted by some really nice people. They had taken him in, given him new clothes and even purchased a new wand for him. He earned an allowance by working on his grades at school, and doing chores around the house during the summer. But was he comfortable enough to call them mother and father at this point in his life? Did they really want him to write home and let them know every little detail? Well, where Professor Fjord was concerned, this was a non-issue. The woman was at the castle with him, keeping her ever watchful eye trained on his every move, it seemed.

Oddly enough, he didn’t mind… until those times he wanted to snog his girlfriend. Then he minded a little.

He should do it, though. He should write home to Mr. Figg and share with him his experiences so far.

WC: 153

Edited by Mason Fluke

Mason Fluke

Yes, he was going to make his mum proud of him, for Professor Fjord was more of a parent to him than anyone else had ever been. He never knew there could be people so kind and caring out there, and they had taken a risk when they invited him into their house, gave him a bedroom and let him eat at their table.

The worst thing about being in a house with two Professors, though, was having to do homework, even when school wasn’t in session. UGH.

Fluke grabbed a piece of parchment and started to write in ink that was an off shade of blue. His scrawl was neat and tidy, as it had always been. As he wrote, occasionally, he would glance out the window of his fifth year dormitory window. It was snowing again, and it was a mixture of white and grey out there. Not at all cheery, which meant… his letter was not at all cheery, too.

WC: 163

Mason Fluke

Dear Mr. Figg Alex Dad,

I thought I should write to you. With Kirsi Mum being at the castle, she gets to see me nearly every day, and she wants me to tell her about everything. Since you don’t get to be here, it’s only fair that I write to you more often. I was happy to see you after the first task, even though it was in the medical tent. Thank you for coming out watch me compete. I hope I did you and mum proud.

The yule ball is right around the corner, and I need to find the perfect dress robes. Alayna is going to be my date, and I really want to impress her. I just worry sometimes, that she’ll turn around and see me for what I really am… not a champion at all. I feel like I bumbled my way through the first task. It feels like it wasn’t even me doing all those things.

And now I have to figure out this encyclopaedia. It’s ancient, and half the words are missing. There are pages that are blank and some are completely inked in, and some have codes and ciphers, and some are written in different languages. I don’t know how I’m going to solve this one.

But, if I fail my OWLs, this is the reason, just so you know.

- Fluke Mason

WC: 228

Edited by Mason Fluke

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.