Sibella Moreau

4 Dark Lipstick Shades That'll Make You Look Like a Sorceress With No Time For Foolish Goblins

Sibella Moreau

The Yule Ball started in a few hours, and Sibella was, for once in her life, running late. Apparently rebellion had a way of making one lose track of time. It wasn’t her fault, though - she was new to this. She’d figure it out eventually.

But just because she was experiencing a phase didn’t mean she didn’t want to look her best for the dance. There were still a ton of foreign students to impress and hearts to break and more importantly she was excited for the opportunity to attend a formal function dressed in something of her own choosing, and not something her mother picked out and sent her over owl mail.

It wasn’t just herself that Sibella had to worry about, however. A bit to her surprise, her best (and possibly only) friend Cora was also attending the Yule Ball, and it didn’t take a genius to know that the girl would need all the help she could get. She was decent-looking enough, but she was somewhat useless at the art of making herself Pretty, which was where Sibby knew she’d have to swoop in to save the day.

So after wasting more precious time she didn’t have hunting down her Ravenclaw friend, Sibby dragged Cora to the nearest girl’s bathroom, bag of makeup and Pretty Things in tow, and sat her down on a stool in front of the mirrors.

“Cora, dear,” Sibella began with a sweet smile that was not entirely genuine. “Do you even own a hairbrush?” She plucked at the Ravenclaw’s dark hair and shook her head. “Oh look, I think I see an owl in here!”

Cora Ives

The Yule Ball started in a few hours, and Cora was, quite predictably, running late. It was the way that she was and no one should expect differently from her, even for an event such as this. 

There were just too many things to do: a dozen dresses (lovingly folded and mailed by her papa) to try on, then socks to match, then shoes to match, then sparkles to add, then, then, then, then. It was amazing that all princesses didn't go absolutely insane with the amount of work they had to do to look Royal and Beautiful every day of their lives; Cora could barely handle preparing for one night. She'd never get it properly together in time, this was an accepted fact, and, so, she took to wandering the corridors instead to ignore how much she needed to accomplish in such a short amount of time to be ball ready.

She was lost in a very detailed mental pros and cons list for her dress options when Sibella (best friend, Best Friend, Beautiful Lady, Best Friend) dragged her away to insult her, apparently. The Slytherin had a frankly alarming spread of beauty tools and makeups and possible torture devices and Cora felt her stomach flip at the sight of all of it.

She was a glittery-lip-gloss-and-dollar-store-eyeshadow kind of gal (and always felt So Pretty when she wore it), so all of this was on a level she'd never been faced with before. She was, honestly and truly, terrified. 

"Of course I own a hairbrush, you've seen me use--" Maybe it was a good thing that Sibby was here to do whatever Girly Magic she was performing. "PLEASE GET IT OUT, SIBBY, I CANNOT HAVE AN OWL DESTROYING THIS NIGHT." What would Just Sam think if she had an actual bird in her hair? What if it had hung around and pooped all over her nice dress? "PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THIS YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE DO SOMETHING!"

Sibella Moreau

Was it frowned upon to throw a silencing spell at your best friend? It was probably frowned upon.

Instead, Sibella closed her eyes, counted to three, and took a deep breath. It took a lot of patience to be friends with someone like Cora, who was apparently a little slow when it came to humor.

“I was joking, Cora. It was a joke.” Sibby deadpanned, looking at the Ravenclaw in the mirror. “There’s no owl roosting in your hair, but there might as well be. And don’t start crying, I’ll fix everything up.”

The Slytherin had brought her entire arsenal along for this occasion. Just because they were rebel girls now didn’t mean they couldn’t still look cute for the Yule Ball. First impressions were still extremely crucial to her, try as she might to convince herself otherwise. She wasn’t one of the champions, but she was going to look just as good as one, if not better.

“Where to start…” Sibella mumbled and looked pensively at Cora again. “Let’s do makeup first. We can clean up and style the hair later. How do you want to look, Cora? Do you want to be cute or do you actually want to score some snogs tonight?”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.