Nicodemus Knight

Now that's what I call a Brick Wall

Nicodemus Knight

Custuodiae repello net!”  Nico cast on the hockey net that he’d set up in the unused classroom and skated back to his brother.  He and @Drew Knight definitely preferred to practice out on the lake when it’d freeze, but they’d make do with roller blades and do it street-hockey style when necessary.  “Alright, dude.  Check this out… we should be able to help you work on the skater side of your game now… no goalie needed.”  Nico returned his wand to his holster, used his stick to drag the ball towards himself, then whipped it to the net with a wrist shot. 

The ball rocketed back at him, went over his shoulder, and through a window pane. 

Nico looked to Drew a little sheepishly.  “Well, that’s proof of concept?”

Edited by Nicodemus Knight
fixing punctuation ;-;

Drew Knight

Drew was carving wide turns in the back of the classroom. He had no idea what spell Nico was supposed to be practicing, he just wanted to do something other than study for herbology. On the 'check this out' from his brother, Drew pulled to a stop and watched the net. Specifically, he watched the ball bounce off the air in front of the net, then ducked as it came rocketing back at them. 

"Great," he murmured as he looked through the hole in the window. "This is like the wizard version of robots learning how to do my job. Got another ball or should I transfigure one?"

Drew skated over to their shoes and held up one of Nico's threateningly.

Nicodemus Knight

Nico shrugged.  “I mean, obviously it wouldn’t be usable in a game… just for practices, like the score-o cutout or whatever.  And no, I don’t need you to transfigure us up a new ball.”  Nico rolled his eyes and skated over to the broken window.  Accio ball!”

He turned back to Drew and tossed the ball to him.  “See?  Reparo!”  Nico hoped that putting the window back together would keep him from getting in trouble.  It wouldn’t do for a prefect to get slapped with detention for destruction of property.

“Alright, let’s see what you got.  Top shelf it, bro.”

Drew Knight

Drew had been looking forward to transfiguring a new ball, and proving to Nico that he was actually halfway decent at the subject. Then Nico busted out some kind of spell that retrieved the original ball. Drew's planned show-off slid immediately into his brother's possession. 

"What's that?!" Drew demanded, catching the ball and gesturing with it. "A charm?"

He dropped the ball onto the floor, retrieved his stick (too darn skinny), deked clumsily, and tried to loft the ball into the top of the net. It bounced off Nico's invisible whatever and rolled back. 

"And that thing..." Drew gestured at the net, indicating the spell Nico had used on it earlier. "That's a....?" 

Nicodemus Knight

Nico nodded to his younger brother.  “Yeah, summoning charm.  I think you’ll do it next year?  I can’t quite remember.”  Nico shrugged. 

He watched Drew’s stick-work and frowned at the shot attempt.  “I think you’re a little too stiff through the wrists… If you loosen up a little, you’ll get more rotation, which will let you get that even farther up.  That shot might’ve beaten a bantam goalie, but I think it would’ve hit most juniors in the shoulder.  You’ve really got to get it up there, try to sneak it just under the bar.  Especially with that deke… you get that a little smoother, you might get the goalie to drop into the butterfly and give you that space up high.”  Nico tried to demonstrate the wrist motions he was describing with his own stick, hoping the visual would help his brother.

Nico knew that Drew didn’t really harbor any aspirations to come out of the net, but Nico was also a firm believer that if Drew learned how to beat goalies, it would make him a better goalie in turn.  Gesturing to the net with a bob of his head, Nico replied to Drew’s second inquiry.  “Ward.  One of the primary focuses of Arithmancy and Ancient Runes once you get past OWLs, but I learned that one in Arithmancy.”  He paused, then added under his breath, “You can tell because it didn’t take me fifteen minutes to inscribe all the runes.”  He shook his head, then skated over to retrieve the ball.  “Alright, let’s see it again!”  Nico slid the ball back to his brother lazily.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.