Cora Ives

A pawn is just a pawn [IV]

Cora Ives

[I][II][III]

17:18

call to action

“We have a problem.” Cora hadn’t stopped searching until she’d found Sam; much to her delighted surprise, a cursory glance around the Great Hall had been more than enough. “It’s one only someone like you can take care of.” She dumped herself beside the prefect and latched onto his arm to keep him in place.

“It might be a touch dangerous and I’m a little bit certain that a kidnapping is involved so you may want to bring backup but—” and the tears restarted because Sibella might be dying right at that moment and her safety rested on Sam’s very capable shoulders, “—and I just need you.”

Samuel Han

Sam wasn’t very fond of problems. He had plenty enough of those already, between classes and dating and prefect duties and the new foreign students. So when Cora came to him seeking help he silently prayed to Merlin that it wasn’t as bad as the Ravenclaw was making it seem.

But then the word ‘kidnapping’ came up and it was all Sam could do not to panic. “Hold on, Cora. Are you sure someone was actually truly kidnapped? That’s a serious allegation.” It wasn’t that he didn’t trust his friend, it’s just that he knew she had a bit of a flair for the dramatic.

Cora Ives

"It's likely!" There wasn't time to fully explain; didn't Just Sam sense the desperation of the situation? Was she not concerned enough to warrant immediate action? Cora wasn't entirely sure on the meaning of allegation, but she was fairly certain it didn't have anything to do with rushing to Sibella's aid and that was the most important thing.

"There's a boy not letting me into the library and Sibella's in there and she must be in trouble, Sam!" The truncated version would have to be enough for now as Cora grabbed a hold of Sam's fingers and squeezed them with all her might as though that would help him understand her urgency.

Samuel Han

Sam wasn’t sure how likely an actual kidnapping was. Probably not very likely at all, but after what happened to him and Cora at their misfortunate picnic, he supposed it wasn’t totally off the table.

Cora was panicked, which made Sam more panicked, but he knew it was his duty now to stay calm and collected in times like this. He took his wand from his pocket and felt Cora’s hand squeeze his empty one. “Okay. Cora, I need you to breathe. Breathing is good. Tell me exactly what happened, please.” If someone was blocking out the way to the library something fishy was definitely going on.

Cora Ives

Cora wasted precious seconds huffing in great indigence. At least Sam had the decency to prepare his wand; it would probably come in handy teaching that Rude Boy a lesson or two.

"I told you, there's a boy and I went to the library to find Sibella because she always hides from me in there because I think she thinks I hate it which I don't?" Beside the point. "But this boy just stood in my way and wouldn't let me by! I even asked nicely, and he wouldn't move and just kept lying about stinkybombs or something obviously not true!" Cora's grip on Sam was nearly crushing. He likely wouldn't have use of that hand again. "It's fishy and bad and we gotta do something about it!"

Samuel Han

Cora was trying to explain things so fast it made Sam’s head spin. He didn’t know who Sibella was, but any friend of Cora’s was basically a friend of his, and if anyone was in danger, friend or not, it was his duty as a prefect to offer aid and make sure they were okay.

Cora mentioned something about ‘stinkybombs’ and Sam grimaced. “You mean dungbombs? That’s like a prank item, right?” He always hated dealing with the tricksters. For some reason they always loved to defy authority, and they almost always had some sort of backup plan for whenever they got caught, which made Sam’s job a lot harder. “Well, I don’t know about the dungbombs, but no one should be blocking up the library. Let’s go have a look, then.”

Cora Ives

There was still not enough panic in Sam's tone; Cora supposed she had more than enough to make up for it, though. But, at least, he was ready to do something. Sam was probably the entire person in this castle who could. "A prank item or a death item," she added, hoping to hurry him along just a touch more.

"You'll want to have your wand extra prepared, Just Sam. Things might get sticky." Stickier

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.