Ayham Yassin

If we don't go now, we won't get very far

Ayham Yassin

"I think that's enough 'no's for now, Gigi."

The girl had been repeating the word like an incantation, like a tic, for a full day now. She said no to a lot of things, but never to one thing so many times. She was going to use the word up.

"You should save some for if you need to beg a dragon not to eat you." Ayham beamed: a joke.

Edited by Ayham Yassin

Virginie Aird

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no-"

She blanched immediately when Ayham suggested she could become a vol-au-vent for a dragon.

"Do you really think they'd bring dragons back?" Her lip began to quiver.

Ayham Yassin

Ayham bit back a laugh, patting Gigi reassuringly on the hand. “Oh, Gige,” he said, “they always bring dragons. They’re just not always the literal kind.”

He took a moment to flip idly through a library book – something about the history of the production of magical sweets – before adding with a thoughtful shrug:

“Although sometimes they are.”

Virginie Aird

Gigi daren’t ask what Ayham meant about dragons of the literal variety, because she was too preoccupied with actual, fire breathing dragons to care about much else.

“You know, I’ve been reading about Hogwarts’ safety record,” she trailed off and looked around them with a conspiratorial glance. “Apparently a student got eaten here. By a werewolf! It isn’t safe even when they aren’t hosting this tournament. What if I get eaten by a werewolf too?”

Ayham Yassin

"Unless one of your competitors is a werewolf, I do not think you will get eaten by a werewolf." Werewolves were humans, after all, most of the time: they would have had to enter the tournament to be involved.

...right? <.< Masha seemed likely to be a werewolf. And Beauxbatons boys did tend to like to bite...

Ahem.

Ayham leaned up against a giant trophy and crossed his arms, thinking. "Clearly you've done your research on risk. What other unsafe things have happened at Hogwarts?"

Virginie Aird

Gigi was a logical girl who had seemingly lost all sense since the declaration she was to be a champion for her school. Ayham was right, the chances of her getting eaten (by a werewolf at least) were slim to none, and she nodded slightly as he pointed that out to her. There were, of course, a whole host of problems they had to get through though.

“Two professors were murdered in the forest! It just isn’t safe here.” She glanced around as if she expected the perpetrators to round the corner, “They were Death Eaters, what if they try to break in again because there’s three schools here?”

Ayham Yassin

Ayham balanced the library book on the rim of a particularly large trophy. Its wide mouth was large enough to swallow Gigi whole, but he kept this contemplation to himself.

"Good thing you're not a professor, then?" Ayham said, a wry grin twisting his lips as he continued to fiddle with the balancing book. When it toppled into the trophy with a CLANG, he sighed. "Gigi, what have you ever done in this world to invoke a Death Eater's wrath?" He paused, a sudden thought bulb-bright in his head. "You must tell me if you've been bad! That would shock me in the most pleasant way." Cupping his hands behind his skull, Ayham leaned back and listened.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.