Elewyn Sauvigni

New Horizons

Elewyn Sauvigni

Although she would now be joining Tami at Hogwarts for the first time, Elewyn had decided to part ways with her sister for the moment and look for her own carriage. She knew that Tami would be nearby and that she could visit her at any point, but Elewyn was hoping to make friends of her own. For a girl who had been so looking forward to joining her sister, she was showing her independent side.

There was some soft mewing coming from the pet carrier she carried in one hand, and Elewyn knew that her darling kitten wasn't at all happy about being cooped up inside. The animal was a new pet that she had picked up in Diagon Alley about a month previously. "Relax, Simper" she advised him "I'll let you out once I find us somewhere to sit." The kitten ignored her and continued to voice his displeasure.

Once she found an empty carriage, she petted her kittlen through the bars of the cage, kicked her trunk under the nearest seat, and sat down. She then laid her cat-carrier on the chair beside her and opened the front door. The kitten; a blue-point Birman with cream coloured fur, gray ears, face and tail, and with white fur on the tips of his paws that made him look like he was wearing socks, leaped onto her lap, settled down and started purring contentedly.

Falcon Blaise

Hogwarts was just around the corner, and Falcon couldn't wait to find out where she would be sorted, but first came the journey there. She had never been on a train before, so that alone was rather exciting. Possibly more exciting though, was the opportunity to make new friends. She had made a handful at Hogwarts Primary and she had Iggy, her pet rat who sat on her shoulder patiently cleaning himself, but making a few more was always good.

There were so many other First Years on there way to Hogwarts, it was little daunting, walking past the various filled compartments. She finally found one accompanied with a girl and a cat that sat on her lap mewing softly. Forgetting about the small rodent on her shoulder, she pulled back the door and entered. 

"Hope you don't mind the disruption, I was looking for a seat and noticed you were alone..." She gestured to empty seat with a smile. "Can I join you?"

Edited by Falcon Blaise

Elewyn Sauvigni

Elewyn smiled when she saw another girl enter her compartment, and she noticed this girl had a rat on her shoulder which Elewyn assumed was her pet. People did bring pet rats to Hogwarts after all.

When the the girl asked if she could join her, Elewyn would normally have agreed immediately, but she wanted to be sure it was safe. She looked down at her kitten for a second. Simper had looked up when the other girl had entered, spotted the rat on her shoulder but then settled back down. He wasn't all that concerned about the presence of a rat.

Cats and rats were both pets at Hogwarts, and Elewyn figured that if there was a problem with them mixing then the school would have advised her. If there was a problem though, Elewyn could put Simper back in his carrier, although she would rather not do that unless it became necessary. He was perfectly content where he was.

Feeling that it was probably safe for the girl with the rat to join her, Elewyn smiled and nodded her assent. "I don't mind at all, and you are welcome" she affirmed "I'm Elewyn by the way, and this is Simper."