Ryan Alterton

Practice makes...well, better than it was before.

Ryan Alterton

Ryan was excited to meet Tamsin. Or, as she now knew her, Tami. The Third Year Hufflepuff hadn't been too embarrassed or worried about having to retake all of her lessons from last year's first term. In fact, Ry had more opportunities to spend time with her friends in Second Year because of it. Professor Meadows, her new Charms professor, was very kind. He'd introduced the Featherweight Charm earlier in the week and Tami needed some help with it.

Charms came rather easily to Ryan, so she'd quickly agreed to work together. They'd decided on meeting in the empty classroom, next to Mr. Maesson's office. She beamed hello when she spotted Tami. "Hi, Tami! You ready for some practice?" she asked her Gryffindor friend.

Tamsin Sauvigni

Tami's attempt at the Featherweight Charm had been rather overenthusiastic to say the least, and had resulted in her having to retreive her bag from the ceiling of the classroom. Perhaps she should count herself lucky though. If she had tried it outside then she might never have seen her bag again. Tami wasn't performing too badly at Charms overall, but she found that particular spell, if performed well, could be massively useful and she wanted to get it right.

She came to the meeting in the unused classroom as agreed, the same bag in her hand. If she was going to practice the spell then it should be performed under similar conditions, she felt. "Hey there, Ryan" she smiled at her friend as she walked through the door. "Yes, I think so" she continued "this spell will come in massively useful when I am carrying my trunk down to th Hogwarts Express." It was a shame it wouldn't work the other way, but whilst she could cast a spell whilst she was still in Hogwarts, she could not do so at home  because of the trace. Perhaps she could ask one of her parents to do the honours when the time came.

Ryan Alterton

Ryan, too, had had the same thought about using the Featherweight Charm on her trunk; on the way to the Hogwarts Express; back home for the holiday. But there were loads of other uses for the charm as well. She could already imagine whichever champions chosen for the Triwizard Tournament using the charm to help win each task. For now, however, she would focus with Tami on mastering it. 

"Hi, Tami, how's your first week been?" Ryan greeted her friend, as she followed the Gryffindor into the empty classroom. She had brought along her school bag as well, which she set on a desk close by. "I was thinking the same thing, too!" Ry exclaimed, pulling her wand out of the inside pocket of her robes. "I think I've pretty much got it, but I haven't got the wrist movement down completely. I keep going clockwise, instead of counterclockwise." Ryan giggled. "Earlier, I was practicing the charm on my cat, Crumbs, and he sort of zipped around the common room instead of getting lighter."

Tamsin Sauvigni

"My first week hasn't been too bad"  Tami admitted "I've been catching up with my friends, and I have been trying to get an early start in the duelling chamber." Tami wasn't sure yet how her duelling was going to turn out this year. She hoped she would have some success this time but it was still early days as the saying goes.

She nodded when Ryan pointed out that she needed to practice the spell as well. "Well, I guess we are in the right place for it" she smiled, glancing around the classroom. She too grinned why Ryan talked about using the spell on her cat. "I'm not sure he'd thank you for it" she mused "cat's expect a certain weight when they jump so they can find the ground again. You'd probably confuse him." She felt it wouldn't be a good idea to make a habit of using magic on pets, they wouldn't understand. "I wouldn't want to try it on Cecil, he flies anyway."

She laid her bag on the floor, and took out her wand. "Shall we get started?" she suggested.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.