Sign in to follow this  
Seeley Pichardo

When it don't add up you can count on me

Seeley Pichardo

End of Week One, Term One

She hadn't really wanted to leave the castle to be honest.  Staying holed up in the dueling chamber sounded like a perfectly good plan to her because what else did she really have to do... only Desmond apparently had other ideas.  

Grabbing her hand and physically dragging her up the stairs and out the doors of the castle and across the lawn and it wasn't as if she had much ability to protest.  She was tiny and he was a tree and she pretty much gave up after the first staircase.  Besides, it was pretty impressive to note that he actually wanted to do something besides sleep considering there wasn't any quidditch this year and she wasn't about to bring that up so when he started heading towards  where the quidditch pitch was being magically demolished for some kind of TwiWizard event she casually tugged on his hand and lead him towards the lakeside.   

"We made it through the first week!" She piped up, bumping his upper arm with her shoulder and smiling to herself.  Minimal drama, really and that was a win for them.    

Desmond Potter

This week of classes, it was crazy. Some more crazy than others. When he took Seeley’s hand to walk her outside, he had to get away from the inside of the castle. He was starting to feel like he couldn’t breath at all. It was not something that he liked at all.

He was glad that Seeley didn’t try to push him away and not want to go with him. He was still worried that was going to happen. Making their way outside, he was walking towards the quidditch pitch, but than remembered that he couldn’t since it was being remodeled for this tournament thing that was happening. So it seems that Seeley had a better idea. Going to the lake.

“We did, I am shocked. Also sorry about the way that I acted, in um…. Muggle studies class.” He was embarrassed that he didn’t know some things and that he had no filter on him, and was just speaking about anything and everything. “But not to worried, we are together now. That is all that matters.” Any time with Seeley was a great time.

post 3000 for Seeley <3

Seeley Pichardo

Seeley knew the feeling of not feeling able to breathe quite well.  Stifling and weighted and it usually came at the pressuring expectations of her dad.  She didn’t know exactly that Desmond was feeling this way but she could tell something was off so she didn’t argue with his sudden desire to get out of the castle.  

Besides, it was nice to spend some time alone with him away from everyone else.  

The last thing she expected though, was for him to bring up the awkward mess that had been that lesson with Professor Gawrodger.  Theoretically they were friends first and friends should be able to talks about anything but somehow that couldn’t fully compute in her young teenage brain.  She felt her palms start to sweat and tension crept into her shoulders but she tried her best to ignore it and press on.  He was apologizing... though for what exactly, she was unsure.  

“Well, I guess if you learned something... I don’t think you need to apologize.” She sputtered our awkwardly.  Was he referring to how he had questioned why girls had periods?  Or just the general awkwardness of it all because she had sat by him and felt a whole lot like sinking into a hole simply because she knew all of their classmates were going to start making assumptions now about the two of them.  At least she assumed they were.  But that was the critical part of her brain always beating herself up for one thing or another. 

“I dunno just bring me chocolate once in a while.” She added after a solid few seconds of silence and she felt heat creeping into her cheeks, but she forced a small smile anyway just in case he had the nerve to look at her even though she couldn’t brave a glance his way at the moment. 

“But, do we really have to talk about this?  I’m sure Gawk still has pamphlets you can look at or something.” She heaved a sigh and as they reached the edge of the grass by the lake she stopped walking and wondered if they would sit down or stand and waited for him to decide.  “Isn’t there something else we can talk about?”  

Desmond Potter

He was allowed to want to leave the castle from time to time. This year was going to be another hard year for Desmond, since he didn’t have his favorite sport happening, he would just have to sit there and just deal with lessons, which wasn’t something he wanted to do.

What he did want to do, was spend time with Seeley, alone.

This week in classes was an interesting one, he was glad to know that he didn’t have that many classes to take, unlike some people he knew. Looking at Seeley, he was just going to float though lessons, not like he would pay attention in them. Take the last muggle studies class for example, he was asking questions. Wondering about things. Then Seeley said something about chocolate. “I think I could do that.”

They lived next to the kitchen, it should not be that hard to get her some, now and then.

But it seems like that was something that Seeley didn’t want to talk about, and Desmond didn’t also, but it just seems like with his the week was going it was something that he needed to bring up and talk about. “What else would you like to talk about? Or we could do something else that doesn’t require any talking.”

Was Desmond trying to be smooth, why yes, yes he was.

Seeley Pichardo

It didn’t take much for the small forced smile to shift into an easier, gentler expression when Des made his promise of sorts.  It wasn’t really all that much, but it did mean he was listening and through all the uncomfortable and unpleasant he still wanted to try.  Then again, maybe she shouldn’t have been surprised with how the last year and a half had played out.  

“Oh I dunno...” Seeley began, only to stop short, she really hadn’t had anything in mind when they had started out this way, she thought he had and he probably did but now suddenly he was trying to play distractions.  Sitting down in the grass side by side, with the lakeside setting and the lack of disruptions around she really had no reason not to take him up on it. 

”No talking hmm?” She smirked and faced him and leaned towards him just enough to kiss him once, at least that was her intention.  But, even the best of intentions sometimes fall apart, especially when someone else had a hand in the direction.  At some point, however, she took a breath and glanced out over the water.  

“We maybe should talk... about something...” she said, a bit reluctantly figuring that one way or another the moments they’d already stolen of solitude were bound to be inturrupted eventually and getting caught talking was probably way better explained away then any alternative. 

Desmond Potter

He didn’t have to talk about what happened in class, it was done and over with. But he did feel a little dumb about not knowing some of those things, but his sisters were not even at that age at all. But he wasn’t going to bring it up anymore, he was just going to be here, with the girl he liked and kissed now and then.

He knew why he wanted to come out here with her, and it was not because of lessons, he had something on his mind, but he didn’t know how to say it. It was harder for him, because he just couldn’t think of what he was supposed to say or how to make out the words. He remembered this feeling, the moment back in second year when Seeley kissed his check, just the check and nothing else. And he was a mess, and now two years later he was still trying to figure out things.

She leaned in, and maybe they could just kiss, that was all they had to do. Wasn’t it.

“Talk… well, it is a nice day today.” Desmond almost wanted to smack himself in the head. “There is something I do want to ask you?” He said it super fast, before he could talk himself out of even saying the words.

Seeley Pichardo

Ahh, so she'd been right.  

Her head bobbed up and down slowly when his rushed words hit her ears and she almost laughed a little at how his nerves were getting the best of him again.  Why they were, was a mystery to her because it wasn't as if she was suddenly going to take it all back and decide with an exhale that she didn't feel this way anymore.  Regardless, he was on the verge of stuttering again and the knowledge that it was somehow her fault was amusing and a little worrisome as well.  

What on earth could he have to ask her?  

Turning to face him and folding her legs underneath her on the grass, she let her own hands rest in her lap and focused her eyes briefly on the bracelet around her wrist before looking up at him.  "Oh yea? What's up?"  Hopefully she didn't sound as nervous as she felt. 

Desmond Potter

Desmond didn’t like being nervous, because he knew just what he wanted to do and say to her, but when he was just sitting here. With the look on her face when she was looking at him, it just made it harder for him to say something, when he just wanted to lean over and kiss those lips. But he had to get it out, he just had to. If not, then he would just be sitting there wondering why he didn’t do it.

Taking a deep breath. “I think… No… not think.” Desmond was messing this up already, he didn’t like this at all. Maybe he should have practices in front of something, so he would mess it up.

Desmond moved his hand from his side, and on top of Seeley’s hand. “I want to ask you, if we could be more then just friends that kiss.” He smiled, hoping that she understood what he was asking her. It was a lot harder to just say it, he knew that he wanted this. They kiss all the time time, but maybe it was finally time for the labels.

“Have you be my girlfriend.” There he said it, and it was out there. But now he felt a little sick.

Seeley Pichardo

It was hard.  To sit there and wonder what was running through his mind while she simultaneously had racing thoughts of her own.  She should have known a question or a thought like this was coming, really.  And it wasn't as if she hadn't thought about it.  They pretty much spent every minute of free time they had together and when he floated out the descriptor of what they actually were - it sounded, well she felt that burning feeling in the back of her skull again.  

As she often did when she was buying herself time with words, her top teeth bit down on the corner of her bottom lip and Seeley avoided looking up at Desmond for a moment, instead finding focus on his hand reaching for hers.  She was happy with the way things had been going, and she couldn't help but worry about the difference one little word could make.  

But, then again, there wasn't anyone else she would want to place that name upon either and letting a fear or a worry stop her from anything had never been something she stood for.  Desmond just seemed to have a way of shaking up a lot of things when it came to her best laid plans.   Turning her hand in his and squeezing his fingers she drew in a breath before she smiled and looked up at him.  

"Girlfriend, huh?" She questioned.  "Ya know, I don't think my dad would like that very much..." she leaned a little closer, "...but, I kinda like the sound of it..."  

Desmond Potter

He just out right and said it, and there was no taking it back now. He was just going to have to wait to see what was going to happen. He let go of all his feelings last year, because he just couldn’t home them in anymore and kissed her. Even though he was dating someone else, but that was because she was all that he could think about. And now, there was nothing holding him back from asking her out, and he did. And he just hoped that she would want that also, two years of going back and forth, this just had to be the year.

Labels were something he didn’t care about, but he wanted to have that label with Seeley. That was all that he wanted, and nothing was going to stop him down

He could feel her hand squeeze into his, and it was a good feeling, great, he smiled and when she moved closer to him. Saying that he dad would like that, but she liked it. “Well he doesn’t have to know.” He moved in a little bit more and kissed her.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.