Alvis Anderson

Leviathan!

Alvis Anderson

The first Sunday of the school year and the sun decided to make a good attempt of recreating summer! The grounds looked so inviting from Gryffindor tower and Alvis wasn't going to miss such an opportunity to explore the grounds of the school. He made his way down the staircase and into the great hall for breakfast, lucky for him he found his best friend Aiden and flopped on the bench next to him.

After a good hearty breakfast of sausages and eggs, Alvis grabbed Aiden by the arm and marched him out into the grounds and down towards the lake (There might have been a lot of resistance from Aiden as they neared the lake?!) . ''Look Aiden, it's amazing don't you think! I know it looked more dangerous when we crossed it on sorting night but look at it now!''

Aiden Hunter

Aiden planned on making the most of his weekend. He had absolutely no idea what he was going to do but he knew that whatever it was he was going to make the most of it. As he was eating his breakfast Alvis plopped down next to him. As soon as he finished his food and before he could even process what was happening Alvis grabbed him by the arm and began to drag him outside. 

"Alvis where are we going?" Aiden said in what was essentially a whisper but he never received an answer. At this point, when it came to Alvis, he just went along with the flow. If it was someone he hated he would complain but hanging out with Alvis was usually fun and he was good company.

He eventually was parked in front of the lake and Alvis began to sing his praises about the lake. "Uh, yeah I mean it's cool." He hadn't realized how big the lake was before this. "Yeah, I guess it did kind of have some sort of creepy feeling to it and didn't you think you saw something in it too?" He stared at the lake for a few moments before a question popped into his mind. "...Wait Alvis...you still haven't told me what we're doing here."

Edited by Aiden Hunter

Alvis Anderson

Of course Alvis was stuck in his usual mind set, half listening to Aiden and half away with the fairy's! He had found out a great deal about the lake but he thought header a little bit of jitters from Aiden's tone but he wasn't going to push the matter as he was sure a Gryffindor wouldn't want it!

''Yeah it's about what I saw the night of sorting, do you know what's in there! A squid! A great big one! I've heard it's friendly and likes to be tickled! Want to see if we can get it to come up?'' he began to rummage in his backpack for a while and pulled out a conch shell and a few dead fish.

Aiden Hunter

"A giant squid living in the lake huh? And it likes to be tickled?"  His words came out slowly. Apparently, Alvis wanted to see it as well? Aiden shrugged "Sure why not, sounds like it'll be a good bit of fun." He watched Alvis pull the dead fish out of his backpack in disgust. "Oi, Alvis mate, where in the world did you get those fish?" He picked up the conch shell and looked at it confused. "And why do we need a conch shell? I mean I get the fish but a conch shell?"

He decided to shake it off as just Alvis being Alvis. He picked up one of the dead fish, uncomfortable at the prospect of holding something that was dead and could stare back at him. He looked back at Alvis with an uncomfortable look on his face. "So how exactly do you propose we get the squid to come up?

Alvis Anderson

Being half dreamy, half excited his eyes looked a bit glazed over and his face a bit like marble but his voice was still it's on point and blunt self, ''Oh yeah! I read that the squid is rather friendly and likes students to tickle it!'' he looked over at Aiden and he looked a little uncomfortable and Alvis couldn't decide if it was the water, the fish or a combination of everything!

''Ha! Don't look so unsure me boy! I got the fish from the elves in the kitchen, really helpful little folks as for the shell, I read that most sea creatures that are intelligent enough, like mer-people and the squid are attracted to the sound of the conch if blown!'' The  excitement in his voice getting more obvious by the second and he took a few fish and chucked them into the lake and then said to Aiden, ''Go on me boy, give it a blow!''

He looked around to see if he could see any life or movement under the surface of the water.

Aiden Hunter

The prospect of tickling a squid wasn't the most enticing thing in the world. But, it was also a thing that most people would never even imagine of doing. So he would just have to suck it up. Still having to touch dead fish? Gross.

He turned to Alvis, smiled, and raised an eyebrow. "Unsure? No way!" When Alvis brought up house elves though Aiden immediately slumped a bit. The whole idea of house elves made him uncomfortable and to be honest, disgusted him deeply. The fact about mer-people however, interested him and made him perk up a bit more. He grabbed the conch and blew into it. The loud noise almost made Aiden jump. He pulled back and smiled at Alvis. "Hey, that sounded pretty cool."

He began to chuck fish into the water when he saw a bubbling in the lake. "Oi Alvis, you see that?"

Alvis Anderson

Aiden soon became his usual self once he got over the dead fish and water! Alvis beamed at him and gave him a good slap on the back as Aiden blew the conch and jumped a little at the sound. ''HAHA! Didn't have you down as a scaredy pants me boy! Knew you had it in ya!''

Alvis' eyes darted to the spot Aiden pointed out, a bubbling appeared on the surface of the lake, he knew it had to be something big rising from the bottom. ''Come on, we got lots of fish for you!'' he said more like to a cat then a great big squid, he always did have a strange fondness for unusual creatures back in the muggle world.

Then all of a sudden two large sucker covered tentacles rose into the air, followed by the great body and the rest of the limbs of the great squid! ''WOW! AMAZING!''  

Aiden Hunter

Aiden struck Alvis a wicked glance. It was one of the many things that he had inherited from his mother. "Scardey pants? Me? Oi, Alvis mater you better watch your words." He laughed and put the conch back in Alvis' bag.

"Yeah if you come outta the lake we'll give you more fish!"  He threw one last fish into the water.

Aiden gaped as he watched the squid rise from the water. It was unlike anything he had ever seen.  "Holy hell..." He began to jab Alvis in the side with his elbow. "Alvis, mate, even though we're living in a world where magic is real this just...this has pretty much blown it all out of the water."

He stared at the squid a bit more before breaking out of his trance. "Sooo...what do we do now? Give it more fish?" He held up a dead fish and blinked at Alvis.

Alvis Anderson

''Just pulling ya leg me boy! I know your no scaredy pants!'' he said over his shoulder as he was rolling up his trousers and shuck off his robes. ''Down here me dear! Look what we got for ya me beauty!''m he held up the fish and began chucking it into the mouth of the giant squid. It seemed to enjoy the fish and began to pat and rub Alvis' hair.

All of a sudden Alvis' wand began to talk to him but it didn't have the same tone or words like it normally had! It was much simpler and more rough, also it coincided with the muffled groan of the squid, ''H'ELLLLLOOOOO, NNNN'ICE FFFFF'ISH! WWW'HO ARE YOU?'' he quickly looked round at Aiden and he was just saying about giving it more fish! Could he have been pulling his leg? ''Was that you talking just? In like a groaning and rough voice?'' he smiled back at Aiden, it had to be him, his wand did talk to him during duels and lessons but never like that!

Aiden Hunter

Aiden looked up at the squid. Seeing something like this up close was blowing his mind. He shook his head, grabbed a fish, and threw it up for the squid. He looked over at Alvis and saw the squid rubbing his hair, "Oi mate, I think the squid likes you."

He turned back to Alvis, "I mean I did just say something but not in a groaning voice or anything. I doubt it was this big guy either." He pointed up towards the squid.

"Maybe it was just the water or something." He leaned forward and looked into the lake before he lost his footing and slipped in. "Ah damn, Alvis mate help me out will ya?"  He felt a bit of a tug on his leg. It was probably just the squid, right?

Alvis Anderson

He looked puzzled, Aiden hadn't heard anything and he said it wasn't him! If he'd of been playing about he would have wanted to take the credit surely! But Alvis put it down to either the water or maybe something to do with his wand and what he had read up about the wand wood!

However he didn't have time to think about this much longer as Aiden went falling into the lake! ''HAHA! stop having me on will ya! I might be off in my own head half the time but no need to make fun me boy!'' Alvis stuck his feet into the lake and tried to grab hold of Aiden! He looked up at the squid and it seemed very happy having students around tickling it and feeding it fish but it soon began to sink back down into the depths of the water and it moved away back towards the centre of the lake!

''Aiden you scared it off! I know your just having fun but I wanted to sketch it first! OI! What you pulling my leg for? I don't mean joking, why you pulling at my foot?'' 

Aiden Hunter

"I'm not making fun Alvis, seriously." He watched the squid sink away back into the lake. He was a bit sad that their new friend was leaving. He was just starting to have fun. "Ah damn, it left."

He watched Alvis wade into the water and went to grab his hand when Alvis spoke up. "Pulling your foot?" He took both of his hands out of the water and shook them at Alvis. "I'm not pulling your leg see? Just hurry up and get me out of here." He grabbed Alvis' hand when he began to feel the tugging get harder. "Alvis I think something-" 

Aiden was cut off by a hard tug and was dragged into the water, leaving Alvis alone.

Alvis Anderson

The pulling on his foot got stronger and the tone in his friends voice made it very clear that the same was happening to him, Aiden was not joking after all, ''What the! What else lives in the lake Aiden?'' However before he could look to his friend for advice, Aiden had sunk beneath the surface of the water.

''AIden! Aiden! HELP! SOME ONE HELP!'' Alvis tried to spin around to look back at the shore line, only managing a half spin as his leg was pulled again and he sunk a little further down into the water landing on his knees. ''HELP, H...elp!'' he called again almost drinking some of the water that splashed into his mouth but managing to spit it back out, a kind of dread fulling upon him as he tried to reach for his wand but not knowing what spell he could use!

Aiden Hunter

Aiden held his breath as he was dragged underneath the water. He looked down at his leg that was being dragged and eyed an ugly little creature. He recognized them from a book that he had read but he couldn't remember the name of them because of his current situation. He fumbled around to grab his wand but when he couldn't reach it he decided for the next best thing. He used his free foot and began to kick the little creature in the face.

He managed to kick the creature off of his leg and began to swim up to the surface. All of a sudden he felt a stronger pull, he looked down and saw multiple of the little creatures pulling him down. Aiden began to struggle and reached for his wand. He hoped that Alvis was okay.

Addison Toft

The first Sunday of the school year was supposed to be peaceful. The older students would be settling back in, and the newer students would still be exploring their new home, and be too pre-occupied for any shenanigans. Perhaps Addison should have known better though, given the crop of fresh Gryffindors. Some of them were notably boisterous and exuberant.

"HELP! SOME ONE HELP!"

She was traipsing across the lawns towards the forbidden forest, intending to return to her once-secret grove and clear it out of anything that she might have left there over the years, when the yells caught her ears. Addison changed course towards the lake, where she quickly identified the sounds coming from. Drawing her wand as she ran, she spotted Alvis standing in the shallows - 'standing' might have been too generous a word, as he was suddenly dropped into the drink, like a carpet had been pulled out from under his feet.

The squid? No, the squid wasn't aggressive like that. Grindylows? Possibly grindylows.

"Stipitis!" Addison sent a heavy log crashing into the water near Alvis, and then with a swift vine hex after that, caused clippings of devil's snare to sprout from the log and reach out to wrap around the Gryffindor's flailing arms. They would probably be a bit too tight for comfort, but devil's snare was easier to deal with than a pack of ravenous grindylows. "Grab the vines, Alvis!" she yelled. 

Was he alone? There were more bubbles coming up, and the current was unsettled, which told her someone else might be underwater. "Damn," Addison muttered, already kicking off her shoes and peeling off her socks. She wasn't even that great a swimmer, yet it was her of all people, being forced to play beach lifeguard. "Bulla!" Arming herself with a full bubble-head charm, the blonde hopped into the lake and dove in deeper. Clouds of silt were muddying up her vision - where was the other person? Focusing harder than ever on a non-verbal casting, she mentally chanted lumos! and the tip of her wand burst to life, and she started sweeping the gloom.

Alvis Anderson

His body almost half under the water and his legs being torn at by sharp spindly fingers, Alvis was half overwhelmed and half wanting to fight back, with his wand now steady in his hand he cried out, ''Incendio!'' but the flames only licked the water before they had been extinguished, he should of known that water was a counter for that spell.

''AIden? Aiden!'' he called out hopping that his friend was OK but just then a familiar voice came across from the embankment and a large log came flying towards him, he held up his arms to try and cover his face from the splash made by the inbound log. It was @Addison Toft his guardian angel come to the rescue, thankfully she seemed to have a much better idea then he did! ''Aiden Addison, he's down there!'' he said now grabbing at the vines coming from the log.

However the vines began to attack him as he splashed and kicked his way towards the log, pulling him in tighter and Alvis quickly after a few tries of escaping realised it was better just to keep still as the vines pulled him into the log and in a way tied him to it. As Addison had cased the spell he thought it would be safe enough to just relax and keep calm rather then fight the vines off, until she came back.

Watching as she entered the water, a large bubble appeared around her head as she sank into the waters depths and a warming light shone below the surface of the lake. 

Aiden Hunter

Aiden thrashed around and kicked at the stupid little creatures as hard as he could. He hoped that he didn't accidentally hurt himself in the process.

He looked up, Alvis was nowhere to be seen. Hopefully, that meant that he got away and was somewhere getting help. He kicked down again and felt his boot hit the head of one of the ugly little creatures, knocking it away. He thrashed around a bit more knocking a few more of them off. He began to swim to the surface before seeing a light in the water. He avoided it not knowing what it could be before popping his head out of the water.

He was greeted by Alvis who was being attacked by vines. "Alvis? Why in the hell are those vines attacking you?" He asked as he began to swim towards the shore.

Addison Toft

A form emerged from the murky depths and rose quickly to the surface. Addison shone her light at it, and saw a pair of arms and legs - the other boy. Turning back downwards, she couldn't see anymore streams of bubbles coming up, so she took that to mean they were the only two in here. Kicking her way back to shore, she dispelled the bubble around her head and took a deep breath as she broke the waterline, treading roughly until she could feel her feet touch the muddy ground.

Alvis was fine, and the other boy, who turned out to be Aiden, looked to be none more worse for wear. 

Using the locomotion charm, Addison directed the chunk of wood that Alvis was using as a flotation device, to begin drifting Aiden to pick him up, before going back to land. "Don't fight it," she called out. "The more you struggle, the tighter they'll hold - just relax and let them grab you. I'll get rid of them once you guys are on the ground again."

Alvis Anderson

It might of only been a few moments but to the young lion cub bobbing up and down in the water, attached to a log by vines that kept him from trying any kind of attempt of escape, it felt like ages had pasted. He was worried for his best friend, had he just killed off the one good thing that had happened in his short and depressing life, he'd been the reason Aiden had been in the water wanting to go play with the squid in the first place.

''Aiden come on! Please be OK! Addison will do it, she is the best!'' he mumbled to himself as he lay there on the log not wanting to start the vines squeezing the breath out of him so he kept still. Then finally something broke the waters surface, it was Aiden, ''Aiden! Me boy, your safe.'' his smile came back to him, broad and like a Cheshire cat but maybe not visible as he was lying on his back. ''I'm just a bit tied up at the moment or I would come help you. Have you seen.....'' Addison came just after and told the pair not to struggle when she made the log float over towards Aiden.

''HAHAHA! Your the best Addison, Thank you. ERM...can I get off now?'' 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.