Lindy Rose

Winning is Every Girl's Dream

Lindy Rose

Lindy had dragged Damaris out to the lake because it was nice out and how dare they spend it in the dungeons?? They definitely could not for sure, so Lindy grabbed her pastry basket and her best friend and skedaddled out to the lake, where it was nice and warm and other Hogwarts students were in various states of disrobing to enjoy the warm weather as well.

"Mari, let me play with your hair?" Lindy asked, hopeful as she settled her pastry basket and robe on the ground somewhere. "I wanna braid it into something extra pretty," she told her, carefully taking her socks and shoes off and wriggling her toes in the grass. Ah, nature. How lovely.  

Damaris Denton

Drama seemed to follow Damaris everywhere, which was why she was glad that Lindy had invited her out to sit by the lake and have a picnic. The temperature had noticeably dropped since the summer, but it was still warm enough by UK standards, in her opinion. 

"Sure," she smiled at the Hufflepuff's question. It was one that she'd probably dismiss quickly if anyone else asked it, but she knew Lindy would be careful. And, given how creativity she already knew Lindy to be, she had a feeling it would turn out well.

She carefully sat down next to Lindy, keeping an eye out for any bugs that might dare to crawl near their picnic. "So do you know anything about this Tri-Wizard Tournament thing? What do you think it will be like?" @Killian Dracel had explained it to her already, of course, but she was curious to know if she was the only one who had been in the dark when the announcement was made on Sorting Night. 

Lindy Rose

Lindy beamed when Damaris agreed to let her play with her hair, shifting so she was standing behind the Slytherin. She brushed her fingers through Damaris' hair gently, humming at Damaris' question. 

"Not a lot, really," Lindy murmured. "It's supposed to be really scary, though," she continued, shuddering a little at the idea. It had certainly not been something she wanted to participate in on her own. "I'm excited to meet new people, though, even if I don't get to cheer you on during Quidditch this year."

It had been a bit of a bummer, since Lindy had only just learned that the commentator position was open to everyone. Still, meeting new people? One of Lindy's favorite things, so it was't too terrible a trade off, she supposed.

Damaris Denton

Really scary? 

She almost turned around to face Lindy when she said that the tournament was scary. "Is it like the Hogwarts Tournament of Champions?" she asked.  She couldn't even imagine how it would have been to participate in those challenges. "Killian was bitten by a poisonous spider during that tournament--and I heard about an older student who had their knees reversed. Oh, and another girl who was knocked completely unconscious during the challenges. How did Hogwarts get permission for a tournament like that?"

The last sentence had mostly been said to herself, but she was certain that Lindy would know better than her. As far as she knew, she was the first person in her immediate family to have gone to Hogwarts. 

"I'm excited to meet new people too," Damaris nodded. "But Quidditch being gone is going to be the wo--then again, it probably means that Kirk isn't going to make all of us run as many laps."

An idea was beginning to form as she sat there, with Lindy working on her hair. "Lindy, do you think it would work if we had our own game? Like not a game where houses are trying to win the Quidditch Cup?" 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.