Avery Potter

little pet shop

Avery Potter

It had taken the entire summer to convince her parents that she was responsible enough for an owl of her very own. Avery had plead with them. She had thrown a tantrum. She had fake cried. She had even read up on owls in order to prove that she had what it took. In the end she had no idea what part of her summer long plan had worn her parents over. All she knew was that a couple of days before she had been due to leave for school, she had been taken to Diagon Alley and had been allowed to leave with a pet.

The owl was beautiful. She had snowy white feathers, which Avery adored gently patting. She was a focal little bird, who Avery knew would keep her company at Hogwarts, and remind her of home if she ever got a little home sick. She had eventually settled on the name of Ceres for her new friend after a lot of looking in books and her favourite stories.

“Come on Gyn.” Avery said to her friend as they climbed the stairs to the owlry. “I wanna show you Ceres! You are going to adore her. She is so pretty.”

Gynysys Lane-Jones

Gyn hadn’t really been around the castle very much and that was something that she found out when Avery had decided to show her the owlery. She hadn’t realized that there were so many sets of stairs in the castle, but that was probably a good thing as Avery had mentioned something about showing her an owl.

“Ooo,” she began as she looked around the owlery, “I didn’t know there were so many owls in the school. How many of these belong to students? How many are owned by the school? Who’s owl is this?”

She walked towards one of the snowy owls and pointed at Avery, “Is it yours?”

Avery Potter

Avery looked around at the owls at smiled. They were all so adorable, she would love to have them all, but she knew that wasn’t possible. As Gyn spoke about them all she moved towards the point she pointed at. “I’m not sure how many owls are owned by the school.” Avery added, as she tried to calculate but failed. The school owls looked the same as the others.

“Yes! That is Ceres.” Avery said to Gyn. “She’s my darling new pet. Well, more than a pet. She’s my familiar, tiny and perfect.”

Avery knew that she was a little biased.

“Would you like to pet her?”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.