Sign in to follow this  
Jane Wayne

Although the Future is a Little Bit Frightening

Jane Wayne

Jane sat alone in a compartment on the train, worrying about the competence of the hat that would seal her fate in a very short time when she heard a familiar voice in the hall.

"YOU MEAN THAT IS ONLY ONE GOLD FOR IVAN TO HAVE ALL OF THIS!?WOW!" Ivan bellowed. Jane raised her eyebrows, wondering what he was buying and thinkingit would be polite to say hello. She stood and slid open the door to her compartment. 

"Hello again, Ivan," she said, remembering to smile.

Ivan Drogon

Ivan bought TWO ARMFULS of delicious trolley candy. The money was given to him by his mother, who said to make it last the entirety of the school year, but what's one gold? He has ten! Ivan is not the most fiscally responsible. When he heard the familiar accented sound of his best friend Jane, he yelled, 

"COWBOY JANE!" He turned around to the compartment where the smaller girl was standing. Obviously the open carriage was an invitation for him to join her, so he unthinkingly pushed his way past her into the cabin and sat in the seat. Ivan was not normally this obnoxious, but the excitement of being the first of his family going to Hogwarts...the fact that he'll make his family proud, and the excitement of finding which house he'll be spending his next 7 years at...Ivan just couldn't contain himself! "How is friend Jane? Are you excited to be sorted in your house? Ivan knows he is--his family says he'll be sorted into Gryffindor, not that Ivan cares...he truly doesn't. He knows he'll be great in whatever house he is in. Part of Ivan doesn't completely understand the houses or the differences between them, but the way everyone else is acting, it's certainly important," Ivan gushed, shoving candies into his mouth between sentences. By the time he was done, his face was covered in chocolate.

Jane Wayne

Ivan and his rather large mountain of candy pushed past Jane into the compartment, causing her to fall backward onto the seat opposite where she had been sitting. Ivan sat where she'd been sitting before. Her brows furrowed as he began eating and talking...at the same time. 

"I'm fine," she answered, "How abou-" Ivan interrupted her with another question. "I don't kno-" Ivan did not seem to hear her, or be listening for a response at all. What followed seemed a lot like an explosion, and Jane struggled to keep up, nodding at the appropriate times or looking concerned when he implied that sorting was important, but also that he didn't care what it was or where he would be sorted. 

Ivan Drogon

Ivan didn't understand that he needed to stop to let her respond. He suddenly realized he might be in the same house and classes as his beloved friend Jane. Ivan was so excited, that he forgot to speak in third person.

"Which classes do you think we'll be in? I think we will have all our classes together and we will do great in them because we are both great and powerful wizards and then we will both be aurors together and we will beat up the bad guys because that's what aurors do; at least that's what my dad told me I was going to be...and we will be so great at it. What house do you think you're gonna be in? I think mine's going to be Gryffindor--did I already say that? I think I already said that.

Ivan then started pushing chocolate frogs and other delights into Jane's lap unthinkingly, because it's right to share.

"My favorite is the chocolate frogs--don't worry they're not real frogs--That's right, you don't know nothing about magic. Don't worry that's what we're going to to do, we're going to learn magic there friend Jane. What do you think Hogwarts will be like? I imagine a big scary castle with a giant moat filled with crocodiles. Do you think there will be crocodiles? They're probably gonna be magic crocodiles too, but they'll be magic crocodiles like one will be pink and one will be blue, and that's how they'll be magic. Also, they'll be twice the size of regular crocodiles and that will also make them magic. And they'll have a taste for students."

Ivan paused to let Jane absorb the amazing joke he had made, pushing more candy at her because she wasn't eating it and obviously she needed different kinds.

"Ha, that was a funny joke, I bet you thought it was funny too. It's okay, you don't have to laugh Ivan knows you thought it was funny." Suddenly, almost like a motor running out of gas, Ivan's eyes started to droop and he fell backwards into a quiet sleep. Just before he did, he muttered, "Anyway friend Jane, I am so happy that I met you and I am so happy I get to share this experience with you. Thank you for being my friend."

Addison Toft

There was a tonne of shouting going on, and as Addison headed back from the loo, to meet Silas, she stuck her head into the open compartment door. "Oi, inside voices, yeah?" Seeing a mound of treats off the trolley, she sighed. Were they on a sugar high, or just excited about the new school year? With the way one of them was prattling on about magic crocodiles at Hogwarts, she could only guess that he, if not both of them, were muggleborn first years, just as she'd been, six years ago.

"Keep your eyes on those," she said, nodding towards pentagonal boxes of chocolate frogs. "If you're not careful, they'll escape, and it'll be hell for you to chase them down."

With that piece of 'advice' imparted upon them, Addison slid the door shut and resumed her trek up the train aisle.

Just passing through! :wub: If you'd like me to delete this post, please PM me!