Seeley Pichardo

We're on our way, this time around

Seeley Pichardo

Finally. 

Seeley fingers anxiously twisted the strap of the duffel bag she carried on her shoulder between them as she fought hard not to roll her eyes at the annoyingly long amount of time Oliver was taking to say his goodbyes this year.  Of course, perhaps it only felt long to her because ever since the second she had passed through the archway and onto the platform (or maybe even since she woke up that morning) she had really only been waiting for one thing and her father was the one obstacle standing in her way. 

Likely, he knew it.  

At last though, the six foot plus frame of the man bent over to haul her close and kiss the top of her head and Seeley could almost taste the freedom.  "I'll see you at Christmas, Daddy." She promised, and this time she meant it.  Talus was already hugging their mother and collecting his things and Seeley rushed over to give Charlotte and hug too before following after her brother.  The words of warning and advice that Oliver had insisted on dishing out were already a lost memory.  

Stepping up onto the train the blond was a girl on a mission, she had caught a glimpse of James Potter on the platform so she knew that Desmond couldn't be far away - he was here and all she had to do was find him.   Talus off on his own way, the hufflepuff had maybe grown an inch and a half over the summer but it was nothing to be proud of and she still struggled to see over the tops of the moving heads in the crowded corridor but she took a chance and dove into the masses.  Squeezing between students, both younger and older, and heading towards the back of the train where the nearest bathrooms were and finally a space cleared and brown eyes looked up.  Really up, because no matter how much she'd grown - he'd grown too.  

He was waiting, just like he'd said he would be.  One point in his favour and a grin broke across her face just a fraction of a second before she launched forward and flung her arms around his neck.  Hellos would come later.  

She'd been waiting a whole summer for this.  

Desmond Potter

Standing on the platform, he smiled at his little brother and sisters. Mostly Josie, as she was clinging to his leg. “Josie, I have to go I promise to write you the second I get there.” He picked her up and gave her a big hug. Looking at his mum and dad, he knew what they were thinking. “I will try and do better in my classes.” He wouldn’t but he said he would try, he couldn’t stand classes at all, he was just going to them so he was able to play Quidditch still. “I got to go now, I will write and see you when it was time for the holidays.” Giving his mum and dad a hug, and his brother and sisters.

Walking to the front of the train, more people were walking in. He was just waiting for Seeley, he promised her that he would meet up with her. And he was not going to break that promise, the whole summer was nice. Getting letters all the time, and than he somewhat, kindof, asked her out in a letter, but he wanted to wait till he saw her. He didn’t know what they were at this moment, but this was going to be a much better year than the one before.

Desmond grew a bit over the summer, he was a lot taller than he was last year. He still couldn’t believe that he was going into his fourth year at Hogwarts, it was just crazy to think that it was happening. At least it was just fourth year, he didn’t have to worry major exams and things like that.

He looked around, and the next thing he knew. She was on him giving him a big hug, and his smile was could be seem all over his face. Hugging her back, he missed this. It was a long summer, and he couldn’t believe that he was holding her again.

“Hello to you also.” Not letting go, but he at least said hello.

Seeley Pichardo

Two things happened when she locked her arms around his neck.  Thankfully, he didn't fall over, though she was fairly certain he stumbled back a step at the unexpectedness of her embrace.  Second, he hugged her back.  Seeley smiled over his shoulder and her feet dangled off the floor briefly before Desmond leaned over and she was able to let go.  

She contemplated kissing him, but after the disaster that had been last years train reuniting she settled for a smile and reached for his hand.  "HI." 

They had promised less drama... or no drama if they could help it and that started here and so far so good.  "I left my stuff somewhere back there." She motioned into the madness that was the crowded Express.  She'd been so intent on finding him that nothing else seemed to matter, besides everything always seemed to make it's way to their dorms every where without their help anyway so what difference did it make where she left it.  Everything important was in the bag she'd carried on her shoulder and that she had dropped at her feet when she'd reached him.   Stooping now to pick it up, she secured the bag back on her shoulder.  "I can go find it later though.  Did you find a compartment?  Is anyone else here?" 

Her questions were quickly answered with a nod and Desmond led her towards a nearby compartment and pushed open the door.  The year had officially started for the new fourth years and the blond just knew it was going to be the best one ever.  

OPEN <3 

Fletcher Barrow

Another year down and four to go. Sometimes even Fletcher was surprised he’d made it this far into his Hogwarts career without being expelled. That wasn’t to stay he hadn’t racked up some detentions along the way, but those were nothing. A small price to pay for bending some rules to have some goodnatured fun and enjoying a little freedom. He doubted his record would be any cleaner this year.

As always, his first thought upon boarding the train was to search out Dax. It had become a sort of tradition for them to start off each year executing some good pranks on their peers throughout the train ride, because what else were they going to do? Fletcher wasn’t great at sitting still for long periods of time. He needed to be constantly engaged in something or he’d go mental.

Unfortunately his best mate was nowhere to be found. Dax was probably off chatting up girls or finding good prank items or doing whatever else Dax did in his free time. Fletch didn’t exactly keep tabs on the other Slytherin, and that was probably a good thing.

So instead Fletcher wandered the train looking for other familiar faces. There was something he’d been wanting to show Hatty that he thought she’d like, but in the midst of poking his head into compartments his eyes fell upon Seeley and Desmond. In a compartment, together.

Fletch didn’t bother knocking. After all, Seeley was his friend. And Desmond was...well, not really his friend but not exactly an enemy either. “You two a thing now or what?” The Slytherin asked in confusion before sitting down and ripping into a chocolate frog he’d fished out of his pocket.

Edited by Fletcher Barrow

Desmond Potter

Just being in her arms again, after everything that happened last year. Desmond was happy that this year was going to be different, and the best one ever. He was sure of it. “Don’t worry about it now. I am sure it will make its way to the dorm rooms.” Desmond was sure that it was going to make it there, that was not important” He said as they walked into a compartment wondering if anyone else from their year was going to show up. Not that he didn’t want to spend alone time with just Seeley.

Holding her hand as they walked in, he took a seat next to her, still holding her hand. He didn’t know what was going on with them, but this was alright, this was nice.

Then Fletcher walked in, it had been a year with the boy also. He wanted to say sorry for punching him, and he might do that in a bit. But it seems like Fletcher was asking the questions first. “I hope?” He answered back with a question and looked over at Seeley. It was always Fletcher that wanted to know what was happening.

“Also, sorry… um… about last year.”

Havana Towne

The summer had been, for the lack of a better word, interesting.

She had found out that her parents were getting divorced and her sister had unexpectedly showed up with her nephew. There was a couple of things that she had knew for sure and that was she would never get in a car with her sister behind the wheel ever again. Car rides from St Albans to London’s Kings Cross Station had been the norm, but she didn’t want to deal with her parents or uncle and walked to St Albans City station and picked up a ticket to London.

Ten minutes after the train left she made her to the familiar brick column that was between platforms 9 and 10. She ran through it and then boarded the train; she had to get her mind off the things that were running through her mind. Why on Earth did her parents have to get divorced? She sighed when she suddenly saw the familiar sights of Desmond, Fletcher, and Seeley.

“So, my parents are getting divorced. That’s how my summer has been.”

She knew they probably didn’t care, but she had to say something.

Seeley Pichardo

And she wasn’t worried about it at all, in fact, she wasn’t worried about much of anything as it seemed by some miracle of Merlin himself Desmond had managed to secure an empty compartment and well wasn’t that just something. 

Dropping onto he seat and folding one knee underneath her, she didn’t think a thing about it when he sat beside her and she wasn’t in a hurry to release his hand from hers.  “So I guess we...” her thought was left unfinished as the door slid open and Fletcher entered and Seeley smiled at her friend.  She didn’t miss his eyes passing over the two of them and then his question fell into the air and though she didn’t wonder herself exactly what to call what was happening here, to have to label it then... she felt her throat go dry. 

Desmond however, of course held no hesitation and furthermore left the ball in her court but since she had decided to quit the sport of quidditch at the end of last season she really, really wished he hadn’t.  

“Oh, well...” she smiled just slightly and out of habit bit down on the corner of her lip and for once in her life she was actually happy to see Havana Towne come storming into the compartment ignoring everyone and everything to talk only of herself.  

“Oh no Havana.” Seeley said, fairly little emotion in her voice.  “That’s horrible.”  But, at least she didn’t have to talk about her feelings. 

Fletcher Barrow

Desmond chimed in with a very vague answer that did nothing to solve Fletcher’s confusion. It wasn’t an entirely surprising answer, really, given the hot and cold history between the two Hufflepuffs. Keeping up with them and trying to figure out if they wanted to snog or tear each other’s throats out required some serious dedication, and Fletch didn’t have time nor patience for that. It was much easier to just ask outright. Unfortunately Seeley didn’t have a direct answer for him either.

“Right. Congrats, I guess,” Fletcher said with a shrug and took another bite of his chocolate frog. It was a little gross seeing Desmond and Seeley holding hands, but that was their business. Mostly he was just disappointed that he couldn’t tease Potter about who Seeley liked kissing better now. He also wondered how long they’d last before they were yelling at each other again, but he didn’t voice this out loud.

Desmond apologized for ‘last year’, and although he hadn’t said what he was saying sorry for Fletch knew exactly what he was talking about. “Don’t worry about it,” the Slytherin replied, waving off the apology. He wasn’t one to keep grudges, though there was still some tiny piece of him that felt some animosity. He wasn’t sure why. He didn’t have any time to ponder about it though before another classmate came into the compartment and announced some bad news.

“Well that sucks,” Fletcher commented unhelpfully. He wasn’t close to Havana Towne but she’d never done anything to piss him off, so he supposed she was cool. He didn’t know what else to say to her and the bad vibes that were starting to permeate the compartment weren’t something he wanted to deal with, so he reached into his pocket again and pulled out another couple of chocolate frogs.

“Want one?” He offered before tossing a treat to both Havana and Seeley. He deliberately skipped Desmond. “Sorry, don’t have any more, mate. Ladies first and all.” In truth he could feel more candies in his pocket but for some reason he didn’t feel like sharing them with the Hufflepuff boy.