Hazel Wheeler

figure my heart out

Hazel Wheeler

Hazel knew that she was going to miss him as she watched his curls bounce when he stepped off the train, "Oh! Simon! Wait!"

Simon Reed

It took him a minute to find her, between being groggy and hustle and bustle of the platform, but there she was... her brown eyes were unmistakably locked on his own. He turned to Rory and quickly muttered that he would only be a moment and would track her and Thea down soon. 

He pushed his way forward until he was standing right in front of her, a sad smile on his face at the thought they wouldn't be seeing each other for a while... 

"Hey Hazel, are you alright?"

Edited by Simon Reed

Hazel Wheeler

Hazel could see the bobbing figures of her family trying to reach her through the crowd, but she couldn't leave yet. When Simon reached her, she felt the tears in her eyes as she moved to wrap him in a hug.

"I didn't want you to leave before I got to say goodbye. I couldn't let you go," Hazel muttered, pulling him closer, immediately swarmed with the smell of warm laundry.

Simon Reed

It was weirdly painful to see Hazel's eyes glistening, her eyes threatening to spill at any given moment. He couldn't think of what to do except to welcome her embrace with open arms. He rested his head on hers, catching a bit of a flowery scent from her hair as he pulled him even closer. Could she feel or hear it? How loud and fast his heart was currently pounding? 

"It's alright Hazy... it's not like we're never going to see each other again.' he breathed softly, trying to keep things light and optimistic. 

Edited by Simon Reed

Hazel Wheeler

Hazel didn't want to let go. A part of her was determined to stay like that, holding him amongst the hustle and bustle of the platform. She could hear other students reuniting with their families, and she was sure hers was very close to finding her. Hazel could almost hear Charlie's excited tone over the sound of everyone else.

"You're right," she muttered, squeezing him again before letting him go. It was inevitable that she would have to do that. Aurora was waiting, Hazel could see her chatting just a few feet away.

The Hufflepuff pressed a spare bit of parchment into his hand, her address scribbled in loopy cursive across it, "Owl me. Visit me. Send me as many letters as you want. I can't spend all summer not hearing from you. I'll go bonkers."

With the small amount of courage she could muster - despite the fact she was sure she heard her mother call out her name- Hazel leaned up on her tippy toes, planting a soft kiss on his cheek. The kiss lingered for a second longer than something friendly, Hazel settled back onto her feet with a blush on her face.

"I'll miss you."

Edited by Hazel Wheeler

Simon Reed

His words seemed to have had their intended effect.  Somehow he had managed to comfort Hazel just enough to keep her tears at bay and bring some perspective. She gave him one last squeeze before pulling away, his arms suddenly without purpose fell to his side as he watch her fetch a torn bit of parchment. She took his hand and flattened the paper against his palm, bringing a smile to his face. Hazel wanted to keep in touch! She even made a sort of invitation to her house!

"Yeah, of course. I prom--...." 

His promise was lost. 

His thoughts had dissipated.

Was he even breathing?

Hazel's lips were on his cheek.  Hazel's lips were on his cheek.  Hazel's lips were on his cheek.  Hazel's lips were on his cheek.  

Simon was sure he looked positively goofy, crimson in color and with the cheesiest of grins on his face. "I-I'll m-miss you too." he finally stammered out before leaning down and pressing his own lips chastely on the corner of her cheek. This meant something, right? 

Hazel Wheeler

She wasn't sure what had overcome her. How in the world had she managed to kiss Simon Reed, the boy she crushed on for a year now, on the cheek? What would he think? Hazel was basically putting her heart on the line, telling him what she had been trying to keep secret this whole time. He would probably be completely disgusted and shrug it off with a smile because he was kind. She had crossed a li-

Oh. Oh. Oh my gosh. Oh!

Hazel felt her breath catch in her throat when he moved toward her, everything moving in slow motion. His lips pressed against her cheek, the softest of kisses against her skin. She was enveloped in his scent again and the warmth radiating off of him. When he withdrew from her, she could finally feel like she could breathe. A soft giggle escaped her lips as her face heated up, and her hands moved to cup her cheeks. With a nose-crinkling smile, she looked up at Simon. This meant something, right?

"I... Oh my..."

"Hazel!" Meredith Wheeler called her name again, and Hazel looked back over her shoulder to the cheery smiles of her family. They had probably seen the scene between her and Simon. I'll never hear the end of this.

"I should probably get to my family..." Hazel said, the sadness that she had felt earlier returning, "You promised, so now you have to write me. I'll see you in September?"

Edited by Hazel Wheeler

Simon Reed

Had that been the right move? 

Had he done it correctly? 

She seemed nearly as flustered as he felt, but you could hardly tell with that heart-stopping smile on her face. 

The pair stood there gawking at each other with hardly any exchange of words necessary, until Simon startled at the sound of her name being called out. He leaned to the side to look past Hazel, and caught sight of her parents and a little boy who he could only assume to be Charlie.

"Y-yeah, don't want to keep them waiting." He added, seeing as they probably had made the wait long enough, "Promise! September, for sure!" he assured as they began to inch away. 

He attempted to walk backwards for a bit, thinking that if he looked away, he might wake up. Cause surely this was a dream, nothing this good happened in real life. His plan only worked for a few seconds though, seeing as he unavoidably found himself running into people. Simon stumbled, accidentally breaking contact to apologize the person he had nearly trampled to death. After apologizing prefusely he looked back to where Hazel had been standing and found that she no longer there, but making her way out of the train station.

Simon sighed blissfully as he turned on his heel and found that both Thea and Aurora were staring at him, had they caught the show?

"S-sorry for the wait! We, erm, we can go now if you guys are ready." he stammered as his face heated once again. 

Aurora Andrews

Aurora caught sight of her mum quite quickly once the train had slowed and the two of them had exited. Of course, Simon's attention was taken by the lovely Hazel and he soon went off towards the girl. Aurora simply shrugged her shoulders and headed straight for her mum, after all it'd been months of waiting to see her once more and she couldn't be more thrilled. The redhead quickly rushed into her mum's arms, with a quiet 'mummy' mumbled into her mum's side.

"Where's the lad?" Aurora's mum questioned as soon as she realized her daughter was alone.

"Oh, he's off with Hazel." Aurora dismissed with a wave of her hand in their general direction.

"Oh the flower girl?"

Aurora nodded along, as she peered over at the two of them, wondering why her mum was so curious.

"Yeah, they fancy each other. You know have the big warm, fuzzy feelings."

"I can see that." Thea responded as the two redheads watched the two of them give cheek kisses.

"What's the big deal. Even I've given Simon a kiss on the cheek. No big deal."

Aurora's mum simply chuckled at her daughter as Simon finally approached the two girls.

"Hey there Romeo."

Aurora snorted in response to her mum.

"Yeah, let's go home Romeo."