Sign in to follow this  
Alvis Anderson

Never alone, No shadows in the dark!

Alvis Anderson

After a very special and productive morning of going to the wizarding bank, exchanging muggle money for Galleons and Sliver sickles, then going to Olivanders to get his wand! After visiting other shops for things on his school list and bumping into a girl from the summer school, Alvis was all ready to go and have a rest out side a tea shop with a nice cake.

So he began to look for said tea shop that he had spotted before, this wasn't very easy as there seemed to still be a crowd in the alley and with all his purchases made it near impossible to move but finally he made it to the tea room and slumped into one of the chairs out side the shop. Gasping for breath he started to pick up a menu but before he had chance to even look at the first thing on there he thought he heard his name being called?! He looked round but couldn't see anyone so he went back to the menu but soon looked back up again as he thought he was being watched? 

Aiden Hunter

Aiden had spent a rather boring afternoon gathering the books he would need for school. He had decided that it was time to treat himself. After much deliberation between the part of his brain that wanted ice cream and the other that wanted candy, he decided to get some tea.

As he reached the tea shop he noticed a familiar face sitting in a chair through the crowd. He had multiple encounters with portkeys before with this boy. "Hey, Alvis, mate!" he called. Though Alvis looked around he didn't really seem to notice him. The boy had a certain, I suppose you would say, spacey quality to him? He seemed to sort of go with his own flow. Aiden liked that about him though, far too many people were uptight or wound up all the time. There was something relaxing about hanging out with someone who went at their own pace in life.

When Aiden snapped out of his thoughts he noticed that the boy was looking around again. Aiden chuckled to himself, maybe it was time to have a bit of fun at his friend's expense. Nothing to mean just something to shock him a bit. Moving through the crowd he managed to sneak behind Alvis. He threw his hands down onto Alvis's shoulders hoping to send a jolt down his friend's spine.  "How ya doin mate!"

Alvis Anderson

If words could express what Alvis went through then it would be written down but it was something like a loop the loop plus a barrel roll while having electrodes placed on your ears! ''WWHOOOOJJJJJJIIIIIIIIMMMAWWWWA! OH howdy doodly do Aiden, been shopping?'' he said in a very calm and dreamy way before going back to his cup of tea!

''Want to join me chap? Got every thing? I got my wand first, it's amazing. Apple and dragon heart-string!'' he began to whirl it around in his fingers like a baton that became force of habit by now. Alvis was rather good at getting over fear as his love of flying gave him quick reflexes, so he was quit able to be calm after a shock or stressful situation.

Mind you Alvis had been sitting for a while after he finished off his tea and wanted to explore more of the Alley, Aiden being a good source of wizarding information would make a great guide for finding the parts the official didn't tell him that morning.  ''Aiden, are there any shops or places of interest here? I've been to all the ones on my list but are there any places I should go see?''

Aiden Hunter

Aiden jumped at the noise that Alvis had made. Once his shock had died down he began to laugh. Alvis greeted him and Aiden took a seat. "Ugh yeah, unfortunately. Been getting books all day, decided to treat myself figured tea would be pretty good. Didn't expect to run into you though."

Alvis twirled his new wand and Aiden raised one of his eyebrows and smiled. "That's a pretty cool wand. I got mine a few days ago. I can't wait to actually put it to work. So glad I'm done with all the shopping. Is there anything worse than shopping for things like books? If I'm gonna shop I want to get something cool." He pointed at Alvis' wand. "Like a wand for example."

When Alvis asked for places of interest Aiden leaned back. After thinking for a second he had a thought. Yeah, that would be a place that Alvis would probably enjoy. He leaned forward, "Well I guess I kind of know a place. I've been there once before, it's called Knockturn Alley. It's a pretty interesting place. They have all kind of things associated with the dark arts there. Like spiders, skulls, human bones and the like. What do you think about that?"

Alvis Anderson

''It's rather great don't you think! I like that it's broom shaped!''

So far Alvis had mostly been a rather happy chap, especialy around the magical world but when the subject of shopping for cool things like a wand came up his face kind of gave off that look when a kitten or puppy wants something in a sad and soppy way, ''I know what you mean me boy! Not that books are boring in my oppinion but I was rather looking foward to getting a broom! Ya know being able to fly and all but it's not on the list and the man from the ministry said to only buy whats on that list.''

However his puppey eyed face soon turned back to it's dreamy but intreged state when Aiden mentioned another place to visit, somewhere called ''Knockturn Alley'' that had something to do with ''dark arts''. ''I've not heard of that place, dark arts? That something to do with night time or is it that it uses things like skulls and bones?'' Alvis had no clue what kind of place this was as his ministry adviser had left out any other information about nearby streets or Alleys due to Alvis' abiltiy to wonder, like the time with the portkey at PHP.

Aiden Hunter

"Well, it's certainly cool. Mine isn't all fancy like yours though." Aiden took out his wand, compared to Alvis' broom-shaped wand his seemed boring in comparison. His wand was slender, thin, had a dark almost black stain aside from the grip which was silver, and had no fancy design like Alvis' did, only small amounts of silver flowing through it. He liked it just the same though. It was his and that was all that mattered.

When Alvis brought up flying Aiden's face lit up. He couldn't wait to finally get on a broom himself. "I totally feel that. I can't wait to actually fly! So what do you think? You gonna try out for Quidditch at some point? I mean it seems like it would suit you." 

Aiden knew that Alvis' face would light up when he brought up Knockturn Alley. Alvis seemed like the type of boy who would love to learn about something like the dark arts. Well, to be fair he seemed like he wanted to learn about a little bit of everything in the magical world. "Um, well no not exactly night time. It's basically dark magic, magic that can you know...hurt someone or control them. Trust me, it's all very interesting and it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be. So what do you say down to go check it out?"

Edited by Aiden Hunter

Alvis Anderson

Alvis made sure to study every inch of Aidens wand, yes it wasn't in a fancy shape like his was but it still looked great but it wasn't look that he was interested in, he wanted to take notes as he had read up on duelling! A keen sports person, Alvis was keen to get going on duelling and of course try out for a house Quidditch team.

''Not the look me boy, it's what it does that counts! Your spot on the money Aiden, yep putting me named down ASAP, what about you?'' He was so hopping that Aiden was in the same house as him, at PHP he seemed the closest to a friend he had made and being on the same Quidditch team would just be the iceing on the cake.

The matter of this new place to go had Alvis rubbing his hands together until Aiden talked about dark magic again but he explained that it was about hurting or controling some one, ''Isn't that a bad thing? I mean like voodoo and stuff! I'm a muggle born I've heard that kind of magic is bad?!'' Alvis didn't know the ins and outs of it but he was still interested. ''I'm still up for going though!''

Aiden Hunter

Aiden nodded at Alvis. "I'll probably give it a shot. I grew up a fan of the sport. In fact, my dad introduced me to a whole bunch of sports. Quidditch is cool though and it's pretty fun to watch." Aiden hoped that Alvis would be in the same house as him. It would be nice to have a friend in the same dorm that he was living in. He didn't have any doubts that he would be able to adapt if that wasn't that case, though, it would still be nice.

Aiden realized that perhaps he hadn't used the right choice of words when telling Alvis about the dark arts. Saying it "hurt people" in retrospect was probably pretty stupid of him. He knew Alvis said he was up for it but Aiden still felt that he had to reassure him. He didn't want Alvis changing his mind halfway through. "I don't know if I would consider it a bad thing. I mean wouldn't it be worse if we didn't explore it a bit and learn about it. I'm not saying we have to dive in headfirst but dipping in toes in probably isn't that bad of a thing. I mean having knowledge about something like that can't be bad. If anything it could help keep us safe if we ever come across it." Aiden didn't know if he was trying to convince himself at this point. Really though, what harm could just come from looking? It wasn't like they were going to actually do anything with it and having a bit of knowledge on hand couldn't be a bad thing.

Aiden got up from his seat and motioned towards Alvis. "Well if you're up for it come on. I'll take you there."

Kamron Sparrow

Kamron the poor soul, was lost and confused. There was only a thought of weakness in his mind as he stumbled upon the dark alley. He knew he was lost, but only because he was so distracted by the magic around him. His feet kept walking, While he on the other was to busy looking around every single inch of this magical world. 

"Um Hello. Seem's like I've lost my way." He spoke out loud. Not really caring who he was speaking to. Was he inside or outside, he honestly had no idea. It was dark but somehow he felt at home. Was there something here he was missing.

"You two? I think, Where are we?" He spoke to what seemed like two male students. Almost his age, by chance. Were they the reason he was brought here. He wasn't here by chance that was for sure. 

Alvis Anderson

Of course Aiden had some reassuring words and it helped that he was only really interested in looking round as Alvis wasn't to keen on meddling with things that might be dark objects, I mean he was OK to mess with a port key but that was at a pre-wizarding school and he thought it was safe but knowing something is dark is another matter.

''As long as we don't mess with anything that looks evil or dangerous, I'm sure we will be fine!'' he grinned and nodded as he too got up and followed Aiden. It didn't take long to reach the new Alley, one turn past the back of a shop and they found them selves to be in an very dark and spooky looking alley. It was very narrow and twisted a lot more then the wider Diagon alley that seemed so fun and full of life. Strange shops popped out at strange intervals and crates of strange objects and what Alvis assumed to be potion ingredients pilled higgledy piggledy every few yards or so from the shops.

''Did you hear that?'' Alvis whispered to Aiden almost next to his ear as not to try and give the boys location away. 

Aiden Hunter

Aiden nodded at Alvis' statement. "Yup we just shouldn't mess with anything dangerous. I mean how hard could it be." Knowing Alvis' penchant for walking off and finding trouble he couldn't be completely confident. Seriously though, how bad could it be.

As they reached the alley Aiden noticed a boy who seemed to have gotten lost. He looked about their age though it seemed as if Alvis hadn't noticed him yet. Aiden nudged at Alvis "Oi, look over there." He nodded his head towards the boy and walked up to him.  "You lost? My mate Alvis and I were heading into this alley here. It's called Knockturn Alley."