Seeley Pichardo

The Story Full of Hearts and Rockets

Seeley Pichardo

Mid-April, Friday
Midnight

The note hadn't come with much of any warning.  The small, folded piece of parchment making it's way into her hands as she walked passed the gryffindor table on her way into the Great Hall for dinner and she glanced curiously at Wyatt but he had already turned back to his food and being someone who thoroughly enjoyed mysteries, the blonde carefully unfolded the note and read it's contents.  

An invitation of sorts, to meet up later at the astronomy tower of all places and she looked back over her shoulder at the boy who was now looking at her with a grin.  Slowly she nodded and folded the paper back up and shoved it into her pocket.  Perhaps she should have worked on forgetting about it for a little while and worried about what to eat for dinner but immediately her mind began to spin as she finished making her way to the hufflepuff table and sliding onto the seat next to Rowan.  She was always up for adventures, and she had been spending more time with Wyatt lately, especially after he had gone so far out of his way to cut ties with Desmond.  She didn't quite understand it but she still felt a bit responsible.  

What was this all about?  And why the tower of all places?  It would surely be deserted at that time of night with no classes tonight.  

Hours later a rush of excitement coursed through her, as she slipped from the common room and began the dangerous journey from the dungeons to the highest point in the castle.  But, she had faith that if anyone could do it, she could and somehow she managed to make it there without being caught and only being reprimanded by three portraits on the late hour.  She knew she should be in bed, but she could sleep when she was dead.   

"Wyatt!" She hissed, barely above a whisper as she reached the top of the twisting stairs that led to the astronomy tower.  "Are you here?"  

Wyatt Lazarus

The friendship between Wyatt and Desmond had lasted two and a half years. It had started just before their journey to Hogwarts, and it had ended during a explosion argument after a transfiguration lesson. If truth be known, Wyatt had never thought that would be how it ended. He had truly believed that they had the type of friendship they had created would last forever. Instead, Wyatt had been left with no choice but to end it, for how could he be best friends with someone who he could no longer trust.

In order to quell his depression, he had found himself hiding away within the common room. When he was not within the confines of Gryffindor Tower, he was with Milo or with Seeley. The latter had been the one person who he had been able to rely recently. He had always known that she was a wonderful friend, it was just that week he had truly appreciated her as a whole. This was why he had decided that a little rule breaking was in order. The grin which had appeared on his features as Seeley had read the note only deepened at her nod.

He arrived at the tower a little before the time he had given Seeley. It had taken a little time to sneak past the prefect on duty, and to ensure that he wasn’t seen entering the empty castle. Astronomy had always been a mixed bag for Wyatt. The reason he had chosen the location was to show Seeley the main thing he adored about the skies. Placing down a silver and gold blanket on the balcony of the classroom where the telescopes usually stayed, Wyatt placed a basket nearby, and heard Seeley’s hisses from the staircase.

Wyatt smoothed down his shirt as he moved towards the door. He had tried to smarten up as best he could, though his hair was still frizzy and his shoes were still untied, and as he reached the door he opened it with a smile.

“Enter, my fair lady.”

Seeley Pichardo

She wasn't entirely sure what Wyatt thought all this was all about, and that fact alone was enough to roll a bundle of nerves through her when she heard him call back and what he said wasn't simply her name.  She slipped through the door and by the boy and just out of habit, brown eyes scanned around the room and took note of the blanket, the basket and the simple fact that Wyatt seemed to be just a tad bit overdressed then he had been earlier in the day.   

Seeley hadn't thought to really get dressed up.  She had changed out of her uniform, but the jeans and shirt she wore weren't exceptionally fancy.  Either way, as she made her way over to where Wyatt had left the basket sitting and she smiled hesitantly and motioned towards the things he bad brought.  "What's all this?"  She asked. 

It looked like some kind of picnic, and a midnight starlit picnic at that.  This was uncharted territory for the third year - something she'd been wading through all year.  The biggest obstacle in her path, of course, was moving on from her feelings over Desmond.  Juan had mentioned that maybe she could find someone else to like, and she'd liked Wyatt before so maybe it wasn't that much of a stretch (granted, Juan had also said that probably wouldn't work but the hufflepuff was willing to conveniently forget that bit if it was in her favor to).  

Plus, it seemed like Wyatt had put a lot of thought into whatever this was and Seeley noticed even more of that fact as she walked over to the blanket and sat down.  The telescopes that filled the room had been pushed to the side and thankfully the night wasn't too chilly with the open balcony in front of them.  

Wyatt Lazarus

He had spent a little time in preparation before Seeley had arrived. The two of them shared the title of ‘difficult term’ and he had wanted to find a way to cheer them both up. He had only chosen the time for two reasons. The first was because he needed it to be evening. The second was because he knew they wouldn’t be interrupted by anyone on their current ‘hate list’.

“It’s a few things to make you smile.” Wyatt replied as he moved over to where she stood. “We’ve both had a difficult term. We need to find time to just be Wyatt and Seeley without he-who-we-shall-not-name…” he paused and realised that they needed a quicker name for the traitor “…breathing down either of our necks.”

He knelt down on the blanket and lifted the lid of the basket. Inside were a few treats for the two of them plus a flask of hot milk. He had even brought powdered chocolate if Seeley wanted to make a glass of hot chocolate, whilst Wyatt was happy with drinking the milk and not ending in the hospital wing due to a reaction. He placed the flask down to the side of the blanket and he looked out to the sky.

“I don’t really enjoy astronomy class when it becomes complicated. I do, however, appreciate the stars as a whole. Because mum and I moved around a lot when I was a kid, I would spend a lot of time star gazing at night. Wondering who else in the world was looking at the exact constellation I was. As a kid I didn’t care about what they were made off, or how long they survived. I just cared about the pretty twinkling lights in the sky which changed every time I moved.”

He had never told anyone that before.

Seeley Pichardo

He-who-we-shall... 

Desmond wasn't Voldemort... But Seeley appreciated the time and thought Wyatt had put into all of this and the set up and care and even his words definitely made her smile.   Folding her legs underneath her, Seeley was happy when Wyatt made his way over to join her and started unloading the basket of it's contents.  Snacks and fixing to make hot chocolate - at least for her, she dumped some of the powdered chocolate mix into a mug and stirred a spoon into the hot milk and gripped the cup with both hands.   

She would eat enough chocolate for the both of them.   

As she took a sip and the gryffindor beside her began to speak she set her mug to the side and leaned back on her arms to look upwards and at the stars too.  She didn't exactly enjoy astronomy class all that much but she could see the beauty in the stars at least, especially the way Wyatt was describing them.  

"I've lived in the same house my whole life." Seeley responded.   "So, the stars were always the same for me I suppose.  I don't know that I ever really noticed." She admitted.  Lifting her arm she pointed at a group of stars above them, "Do you know if those ones there have a name?" 

Wyatt Lazarus

Wyatt was pleased that Seeley seemed to appreciate his efforts. He guessed that he got his determinedness from his mother – he had known that Seeley was upset and he had been determined to lift her spirits. It had taken a little time for him to come up with an idea that wouldn’t be ruined by someone. Well…he knew that if a professor located them there would be an issue. He just prayed that they were left alone and didn’t end up with a detention.

He took a sip of his own warm milk and looked towards the stars. He has always wondered why astronomy classes took such a wonderful thing and made it so mechanical. It was the one issue he had with the class, other than the fact it took place when he just wanted to be resting within his common room.

“it depends on the time of year. Sometimes in January I come up here and can see Orion’s Belt. I’ve even seen Pegasus before.” He replied with a smile. He looked at the stars that were currently high above them. “Lemme see if I can make out anything…”

He as spoke he lent back a little more to get a better view.

"If we are lucky we maybe able to spot Venus."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.