Sign in to follow this  
Ethan Smith

These memories are playing like a film without sound.

Ethan Smith

Kimber,

Meet me at the lake, I want to give you a proper goodbye before you leave. 

-E.Smith

Ethan sent the letter right after he found out that he grabbed Kimber for reverse mentoring. While Kimber wasn't his mentor when he started Hogwarts. Him and Kimber became friends over time. He didn't know how it all happened, he almost always just dueled him. It was sad, that he didn't duel Kimber anymore. but he felt like that the seventh year was busy. 

Today, he hoped that he wouldn't be busy. He missed his Kimber and wanted to see him. Knowing that he would be leaving Hogwarts. It was sad to think that people that he knew was leaving. The last few years he knew people that were leaving, but he wasn't close to them. This time, he knew the person and was scared what Hogwarts would be like when he was gone and he didn't see him all the time. 

Sitting near the water, it was nice seeing it not frozen anymore, he waited to see when Kimber was going to show up. 

Kimber Yates

Kimber was fine doing other things being around people. Well, that was a lie. He was trying so hard. But years at Hogwarts had taught him more and more that he didn't want to deal with other people. But out of the people at Hogwarts, there was about one he was more then happy to deal with. Well, that was sort of a lie. There were two people he liked spending time with. Cordelia and Ethan.

He hadn't heard from Cordelia in awhile, but Ethan? Ethan had sent him something lately about spending time together. It might seem kinda odd, but he wasn't going to argue about it. Instead the older Hufflepuff was glad at least he had someone to go spend time with. It took him a few moments to spot Ethan. But once he spotted Ethan, he found himself over by the other male easily.

"What's going on?"

Ethan Smith

When he heard Kimbers voice, he stood up and walked closer towards him, and knew that this might be the last time that he would see the seventh year. At least while in school. It was hard to think that he was leaving, they been through so much over his four years at Hogwarts. He did miss dueling him.

“Not a whole lot, just wanted to see you once before you leave. I know that you have been busy this year.” He smiled and looked at the older boy. It was just something Ethan was ready for, he knew that Kimber had to leave, but he didn’t want him to leave.

“Also, I am sad that you are leaving. Who am I going to give my first duel of the year to now?” He laughed, for the last three years, Kimber was the first person that he wanted to duel, but now he didn’t know who that person was going to be at all.

"Also, any advice for me. With fifth year coming, I am getting scared."

Kimber Yates

Kimber couldn't help but grin at Ethan. This wasn't too bad. He was looking at one of his favorite people. Ethan and Cordelia were always the two people he talked to without any trouble. "I'm going to miss you too." And it was true. He was going to move on with the rest of his life. It was hard to think about what he'd do after he graduated from school.

"Actually pay attention in classes. Even after your OWLs." Because he was doing his NEWTs now. He winced. "I've actually been struggling because I didn't do a lot of classes last year." It was a shame. He had such a bright future and now....Now he was just in class and struggling. He wasn't sure what he needed to do but he was going to try to make things go.

Ethan Smith

It was odd to think that Kimber wouldn’t be here next year. It wasn’t something that he wanted to happen. How could Kimber have become a seventh year already and Ethan a fourth year. Kimber was only a fourth year when they had first meet, and now he was leaving and Ethan was here. But he knew that if he had questions and things, he could always owl him and ask him. It just wouldn’t be the same here. 

Hearing that Kimber didn’t go to classes last year, it was a little hard on him. He knew Kimber to go to his classes, but sometimes things happen. “I will make sure I do that. I just hope that it will be enough.” Ethan was worried about OWLs, these were the main test. The ones that he had to pass, and he didn’t know if he would do that well. “I promise I will, do you know what you want to do after school?” 

Taking his hand and pulling his curls back, he wondered if Kimber knew what he wanted to do. Since Ethan had no idea what he wanted to do when he left Hogwarts, which was in a few years. But the years were going by so fast. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.