Dax Gordon

Error: Hecks Not Found

Dax Gordon

Dax was late, as usual, but it wasn't like he and Fletcher were on some kind of weirdly strict schedule of friendship, so fifteen minutes here or there probably wouldn't be ending anything. As long as they showed up to where they were supposed to be meeting, eventually, it would be fine. As of yet, they didn't even have a plan for how they'd be spending their free afternoon, just that it would definitely be together doing something that they shouldn't be doing. The usual. 

He was barely within eye-shot of the particular cranny they often met up in (hidden from most of the nosey types around the castle) when he realized that something was terribly wrong. Fletcher wasn't there waiting for him as he usually would be, but someone else was. And a girl at that, a girl who liked going around kissing a bunch of people and being generally awful as a girl. A girl who really was starting to annoy Dax to ends that only girls like Rowan Allard and Felicia Fletwock annoyed him to.

"Hmm." Dax took up his usual spot in his usual place without his usual friend, shooting Seeley Pichardo a glare that should chase off any self-respecting human being. He knew, however, that she wasn't exactly a self-respecting human being and had to settle for an awkwardly extended period of huffing and puffing at her very presence. "What are you even doing here?" Despite the disinterested delivery, Dax couldn't help but feel more than a little curious. Had she ended up here purely by coincidence, or was she trying to ruin the as of yet undetermined Bro Task for the day? Was she trying to breach into their precious bro time? Was she, herself, attempting to become A Bro? Scoff; neither he nor Fletcher would ever allow some girl to become a bro, just like that.

"Shouldn't you be, like, snogging Potter or whatever?" That was what Seeley did, wasn't it? Make out with unsuspecting Hufflepuffs and leave the rest of them alone? Merlin forbid she was actually trying to move in on him, not that it would be that much of a surprise. He was irresistible and she didn't exactly have a reputation of resistance. "I've got something to do here, so the faster you leave, the better off we'll all be." Even though Fletcher was still missing. Even though their secretive meeting spot had been compromised. Even though nothing could possibly get worse.

Seeley Pichardo

If Seeley Pichardo was starting to annoy Dax Gordon, that really wasn't her fault.  Dax Gordon, on the other hand, was barely on her radar, aside from being that weird, messy haired boy that hung around with Fletcher when she wasn't.  But again, it wasn't her fault, if Dax Gordon didn't come to class half the time and his best friend had to find a new person to partner up with for things (AKA her).  It wasn't her fault if... okay no it kind of was her fault that she had sort of stolen some of Dax Gordon's bro time by stealing Fletcher away to the dueling chamber every other afternoon and getting him to ditch divination class with from time to time.   

But, some people say to-may-to and some say to-mah-to and on this particular day, Seeley was getting ready to tell Dax to bug off and mind his own business.  He wasn't the only one allowed to know about the sneaky, spy corners of the castle; she was the one with the actual investigation agency and someone in this castle was trying to start a Dark Arts club.  For once, the hufflepuff had actual big crimes to investigate and Dax wasn't exactly on the list of trustworthy people to include on this stake out.    

"Stop... looking at me like that, you're creeping me out." She glared right back, and squeezed herself tighter into the crevice he was eyeing.  "What are you doing here?  I'm minding my own business."  She truly was.  She hadn't a clue that Dax and Fletcher were supposed to meet here, and she had developed her own plan for the free afternoon.  An afternoon that had started with a trip back to her dorm to grab the spy belt Desmond Tonks had cooked up for her and stock it up with her detonators and a portable swamp, as well as a few other things just in case she got into any trouble as well as a wardrobe change into her preferred stake out attire of mostly all black in case she found a perfect dark curtain to hide behind.   

This crevice, however, was not a dark curtain, and she supposed that right now, her all black outfit did look a bit suspicious.  

Her blood boiled when the slytherin mentioned Potter and she almost snapped her wand from it's holster and shocking hexed the boy on the spot but the sound of footsteps coming around the corner stopped her and she quickly reached out and grabbed his wrist and yanked him into the alcove (not too close, of course because... ew).  A very dramatic eyeroll later, accompanied with a glare, the blonde huffed and bit her lip.   Her voice was low when she finally spoke.  "Mention Desmond Potter again and you'll be in pain.  Got it?" She declared.  "And I don't care about whatever it is you think you've got to do here... I'm already here and I'm not leaving." 

Edited by Seeley Pichardo

Dax Gordon

Women were a bloody mystery. Or rather, non-normal women. Dax knew women. Dax got women. These quasi-girls that he had the misfortune of attending Hogwarts with--well, they might as well be some sort of alien freak species. Nothing they did made sense, nothing they said made sense, and everything about them was one contradiction after another.

Take, for instance: Seeley not giving him a clear answer but expecting him to do so for her while, he must reiterate, she was dressed entirely in black and obviously Up To No Good. Dax, as well as being an expert on normal women, was also an expert on people who were Up To No Good as he was usually one of those people. Usually Fletch was also one of those people but, again, he was stuck with a discount female version of him instead. 

very discount female version who was manhandling him in a way that wasn't entirely unpleasant if he were being honest and maybe he wasn't totally out of his depth here after all. Maybe he'd been right in the first place and Seeley was after him for a good snogging. Maybe she'd heard all about how great he was from Allard. It was the most likely possibility here and Dax supposed that, given he wasn't causing mischief with his best bro, this would have to do for now. 

"I can appreciate a woman who can kick my butt." Dax ignored the very obvious space Seeley had put between the two of them and took up a casual lean on the wall beside them, edging in close with suavest eyebrow waggle. "Come on, Pichardo, are you really that wrapped up in Potter that you can't even stand to hear his name?" It was fine, he'd be able to distract her from anything else that might be on her mind. "Honestly, I'm not much for leaving at this point either. I guess we're both stuck here." Oh no, whatever would they do. Two people tucked into an alcove, neither willing to leave, one dashingly handsome and one...well, breathing. Which was enough for Dax.

Seeley Pichardo

The only mystery on deck for the day - at least from Seeley's perspective - was the case she was trying to solve regarding this Dark Arts club, but the continued presence of Dax was making that increasingly difficult.  Especially when he was about as dense as the stone wall he was leaning up against.  The very thought that she was Up To No Good was relative to what someone might view as "good" was and to someone who had dreams of working in magical law enforcement one day she was totally in the right here.   

As for Dax... well, he was likely to be one of the criminal's she apprehended some day.  Without hesitation.  

"And don't you forget it." she huffed, a hand pressed against the corner of the stone as she peeked out again to see whether or not whoever had been coming down the corridor had passed completely yet but the continued speaking of the slytherin stalled her impulse.  She had no choice but to follow through with exactly what she'd threatened; reaching for her wand and stepping closer to him, though at four foot eleven she wasn't all that much intimidating except for the wand aimed at him.  

"I'm not wrapped up in Potter." She declared harshly, though how believable it was, was questionable.  "We aren't even really friends anymore so just shut up." 

Or she would have to make him somehow.  

Dax Gordon

Maybe it was unfair to call women crazy. Being general like that was doing all (most) other women a deep, deep disservice when the actual incarnation of a psycho witch was talking to Dax right at that second. If he had any sense of self-preservation, he might have started getting a little concerned that he was totally out of his safe zone here and might even have considered tucking tail and slinking away while he still could. 

But that was quitter's talk, and Dax Gordon was no quitter. 

"Oh, yeah, okay, sure." Instinctively, one of his hands went up in reaction to having a wand pointing directly at his money maker (all of him), but Seeley's snap from sanity was still not enough to keep him from rolling his eyes. "Because it's totally normal for someone who's not wrapped up in someone else to have such a violent reaction to them being mentioned that they," he raised his eyebrows down at Seeley, Seeley's weapon, Seeley's denial, and flicked the tip of a free finger against her wand, "magically threaten an innocent bystander." 

Dax wished he could say that he'd rather be anywhere else than stuck, supposedly attempting to be on the down-low, in some crevice with some psycho who was growing more emotionally unstable by the minute, but, honestly, without Fletch around, there weren't many other more interesting things to do. Best case scenario was that he was able to get this chick to completely snap and he'd have something to hold over her for forever. Worst case was that he ended up having to find someone else to terrorize.

"Wanna tell me some more about your teenage drama, or should we just snog so you can forget about it?"

Seeley Pichardo

Maybe she was a bit on edge, or maybe she had a bit of a complex but either way she wasn't about to let someone like Dax Gordon think she was anything less than a girl of her word.  Besides, she didn't have to actually do anything to him.  He only had to think she would.  Apparently, that mission was accomplished by his thinly veiled accusation that she was half off her rocker.  

"Please..." Seeley's brown eyes narrowed on the slytherin skeptically and she scanned over his face briefly before she relaxed and backed away a bit, lowering her wand.  "You're hardly innocent.  Besides, it's only violent if there's follow through." She added with a roll of her eyes and leaned against the wall herself, leaving more than enough space in between them in case she needed the chance to reach for her wand again.  

The footsteps in the corridor had not yet faded away and so it was safe to say they were still trapped, for the time being.  Trapped with the devil and he felt the need to pry.  

A hard sigh escaped the blond as she breathed in and out.  "You'd like that wouldn't you?" Though which part she wasn't entirely clear on but regardless she wasn't exactly about to give in to either offer for distraction.  She wasn't one to outright spill her secrets no matter how easily they seemed to get spread around to all her year-mates against her wishes and she was never ever going to kiss Dax.  

She'd kiss a toad first.  

Dax Gordon

A crazy chick who couldn't even back up her threats. What an honest waste. Dax had no idea why Fletch had been spending so much (read: more than none) time with this girl when she was so...boring. Boring, standing around. Boring, prying into things he didn't care about. Boring, playing along with whatever perceived threat Seeley had in her mind that kept them cozied up. Boring.

"Honestly, I couldn't care less what you did with your time here." He stretched out against the wall, languid and uncaring. He'd apparently underestimated how brave Seeley actually was and his perception of her was growing dimmer by the second. It wouldn't take much longer for him to completely lose interest and insist she leave so he could have some real fun when Fletch finally decided to show his face.

"I just figured it would be more interesting to have something to do other than stand around and listen to people walking down a hallway." Maybe he could start shouting, draw some attention to the pair and get her worked up again. There were only two ways to salvage this experience, after all; ruin whatever plans she had or, "Are you sure you don't wanna try a little snog? Your roommate's probably filled you in on how great it is." 

Maybe she just needed a little convincing. Dax scooted closer to her so she could get the full effect of his irresistible Axe scent, practiced that open armed gesturing thing that Jak had told him would draw in even the most stubborn of women. He kept a tab on the footsteps that clattered on, just in case he needed to ditch this plan and go with blowing their cover. Either way, he'd make something interesting of this yet. 

Seeley Pichardo

Was there any real reason why she didn't want to get caught in the alcove by whoever was still walking in the corridor?  Not really.  It wasn't as if she wasn't allowed to be there.   She didn't have a class to be at, or anywhere else in particular she needed to be and no one knew that she was trying to track down whoever was running those dark arts meetings.  

But, the fact was at this point both she and Dax has been cooped up in this alcove if for so long now that if they came out now it would look really suspicious.  And the last thing she wanted people thinking was... well, exactly what they would be thinking if she came out of a dark corner with Dax Gordon.   

"Little snog?" Seeley huffed and smirked.  "Actually, Rowan never said a word about it."  She said, and Dax would never know whether that was true or not, it wasn't like he had an ear into the hufflepuff dorms.  "Must not have been anything worth talking about."  And with that, she lifted her hand towards her face and suddenly found the chipped paint on her fingernails significantly more interesting.   

If she really, really needed to go there, she'd let him know how much of a good kisser his roommate was but she'd keep that in her back pocket for now.  

OR maybe not, because suddenly the scent of something was shoving it's way up her nostrils and she wished she had a bat bogey hex to pull it out, or at the very least a shocking hex to hit him with but she had made the careless mistake of dropping her guard and couldn't reach her wand with his arms reaching towards her and this was not happening.  "Dax Gordon I swear to Salazar or Godric or even Merlin himself..." She almost snarled as she braved the chance of getting some kind of disease and lifted up her hand to cover his mouth,  "if you come any closer to me with those lips I will bite them off." 

He was persistent, she could at least give him that.  "Ugh... and why do you smell like someone shoved a forest inside of a bathtub?"  

Edited by Seeley Pichardo

Dax Gordon

It was impossible that Rowan Allard hadn't even briefly mentioned how good he was at kissing and so Dax determined that Seeley was both crazy and a liar. A bad one at that. No one actually looked at their nails when they weren't interested. That kind of stuff only happened when someone was trying way too hard to be nonchalant, often paired with more violent threats. Seeley must have really been avoiding a) her feelings about their fellow classmates and b ) her feelings for Dax himself. That wasn't too surprising; everyone needed a little bit of urging to come to the Dax Side. He was dangerous, unknown. That much was understandable.

What wasn't understandable was how his Axe wasn't doing the job it was meant to do.

"This is my scent." He was flabbergasted, wounded even. His signature scent was musky and manly, gentle enough to appeal to even the softest ladies but distinct enough that anyone would immediately connect similar scents to The Dax Gordon. To have anyone speak of it with disdain in their tone was, frankly, offensive. 

It was clear that he wasn't getting anywhere with this girl. But no one had to know that. Frowning, he took a step back lest she decide that biting off the most important part of his face was actually a good idea and turned out towards the corridor, where there were at least several people hovering around. 

"WOW SEELEY, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU LIKED ME THAT MUCH." It wasn't quite a yell, per se, but it certainly had more body than the discussion they'd been having thus far. "PLEASE, I KNOW THAT I'M DAX GORDON, PLAYER EXTRAORDINAIRE, BUT THROWING YOURSELF AT ME LIKE THIS IS SAD. PLEASE, SEELEY PICCOLO, TAKE A STEP AWAY FROM MY HOT, HOT BOD AND PUT THOSE LIPS AWAY." 

Seeley Pichardo

That was the day Dax Gordon died. 

Or, if nothing else, his so-called "infamous" track record with the ladies.  

There was nothing unknown or dangerous about Dax, he was a jerk and Seeley wanted no involvement with him.  The worst part about him was that he didn't seem to be able to get that point into his thick skull and no amount of ignoring, or insulting, or declaring that outright seemed to be getting through to him.   

At last, when she insulted whatever thickly coated on or bathed in body spray he'd immersed himself in that day (or apparently every day - she realized she recognized it vaguely from any time she maybe happened to make the mistake of standing too close)  he took a step back from her and she hoped that maybe he was getting the message.  Maybe he was even going to leave her alone to her business and walk away from this place.  No one would have ever had to know that they had had to even converse for longer then two minutes and life could just continue on as normal. 

But no, that was asking too much. 

Her eyes nearly exploded from her own head like two rocketships launching when he started to shout.  Lies spewed out of him like a fountain and the worst of it all was that he couldn't even say her name right.  She saw red, reminiscent of all the insults and times Havana had done the exact same thing on purpose and while she wasn't sure Dax was cunning enough to realize how much that stung she couldn't stop her own reaction.  

He'd been searching for one all along anyway.   

She wasn't normally one for hand to hand combat if she could help it, but drastic times called for drastic measures and he'd put enough space in between them now for her to reel back her fist and aim it straight at his nose.  "KISS THIS!" 

Dax Gordon

What a great plan. Embarrassment for Seeley, entertainment for Dax, plus the added bonus of people thinking he was getting more action than he actually was. Things could not be better.

Until they weren't and Dax's head was snapping from the force of a swift punch and his eyes were rolling into the back of his head and he might have blacked out for just a second which would have been preferable over having to hear his own nose cracking like an egg.

If Dax hadn't been bleeding profusely from what might have actually been a broken nose, he might have found it in himself somewhere to insult Seeley's ridiculous build up line. "Kiss this"? Really? Could she not just punch him with some dignity? Could she not have thought of anything better to say? 

How had he allowed a girl that had to deliver a punch with a bad line to actually connect?

But he had and he was bleeding profusely and he wouldn't think about her poor verbal choice until much later. At that moment, all Dax could focus on was, huh, how weird and strange but it appears that my nose is broken. She'd connected at enough of an angle that, when Dax went cross-eyed in an attempt to examine his beautiful face, he could see that his once perfect nose was bent in a way that it wasn't before and was, of course, dripping all over his best casual t-shirt and hands and the ground and everything.

"You're psycho!" He was really, truly screaming then, one hand cupped over his face while the other swung wildly towards her, partly for retribution, partly to make sure she didn't get too close to him. Dax then let out a string of curses that was much too inappropriate to include, though they were unpleasant enough that his own father began blushing in an office somewhere far away. "I'm going to kill you," and he was able to ignore the pain for long enough to lunge at Seeley, fully intending to follow through on that particular threat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.