Simon Reed

These are my confessions...

Simon Reed

It was a moment of pure madness, there was no other explanation for his behavior.

OR.

Perhaps it was under the influence of confidence he had gained from reading all those Trista Truelove books... which he had been reading for research, which unknowingly had prepared him for this very moment.

Simon sat quietly at the Ravenclaw table, spying on his favorite Hufflepuff from afar... when suddenly he couldn't take it any longer. Perhaps it was the way she playfully tossed her hair about, or how she laughed as she regarded her fellow housemate. He was truly captivated.

This was it. The moment for a grand gesture. He would march up to her and let it ALL out.

He took a large swig of water before sauntering over towards Hazel with as much confidence as he could muster. He tapped on her shoulder gently but eagerly and waited for her attention. It didn't take long for her to turn around and face him, her big brown eyes staring back at him nearly rendering him silent.

"Uhhhhh...." he began, what an awful way to begin to profess one's love for another. He cleared his throat and got on one knee, taking one of her hands in his and started up again, "Hazel, I know we've only known each other for a short amount of time... but it feels like I've known you for ages. You're literally the nicest person I know, and you make me feel good... I like holding your hand and sitting next to you...." this was getting long, he needed to get right to the point. "I just was wondering, if maybe you could like... wanttobemygirlfriend?" he rushed the last bit and then smiled foolishly at her for what seemed like ages.

** PLEASE WAIT FOR ALYSSA AND HAZEL TO POST, THEREAFTER THIS THREAD WILL BE DECLARED OPEN :3 **

Edited by Simon Reed

Hazel Wheeler

Hazel stopped, toast hanging halfway out of her mouth. Had Simon just...? Had all that she had been waiting for actually come true? Ever the graceful being, the toast fell out of her mouth as she looked back at her friends. Her eyes met those of @Behati Gadot and @Julian Pritchard. The feeling of his hand on hers made her brain go fuzzy.

"I-I-I'm sorry, Simon. But... What?" Hazel felt the heat rise in her cheeks, and she couldn't help but feel the need to look down at him.

It had been months since she had realized she liked him. This wasn't something she had been expecting.

"I mean I really like holding your hand too, but you shouldn't joke like that," Hazel muttered. There it was. The unbelievable strength of her disbelief. There was absolutely no way that Simon actually liked her back. This had to be some silly prank.

The silly smile on his face made her heart race. Maybe it wasn't a joke. Maybe he really meant it. Hazel beamed and looked back over at her friends. This was her moment! She was finally getting what she had yearned for.

"If you are serious," Hazel began, "I'd love to-"

Her confirmation was interrupted by the sound of Alyssa's voice.

Edited by Hazel Wheeler

Alyssa Hoofer

Alyssa reached for a glass of pumpkin juice sitting in front of her not knowing that moments ago, a boy named Adrian Pitts had switched the glasses. Usually, in the Great Hall, she focused on her meal and not on those around her. Mealtime for her was usually quiet time, so it wasn’t unusual for her not to pay attention to those around her. She took a long sip of the juice before reaching for another bite of chicken.

Just as she was about to take a bite, someone talking caught her attention. She glanced up to see that it was Simon Reed, one of her dueling partners and he was down on one knee. Her mouth dropped open as he declared his love for Hazel. She didn’t know what came over her, but she didn’t think that he was good enough for Hazel. Sure she was nice enough but… well, anyone would be better for Simon than Hazel, and she couldn’t explain why.

She slammed her fork down as Hazel began to talk, not caring about the bits of chicken flying everywhere and she stood up. She ignored everything her roommate was saying and she glared at Simon.

“You have got to be kidding me!” She shouted. “Her? You’re in love with Hazel? Why her of all people? She could do so much better than you! Did someone hit you with a confunding jinx or something? That’s just- just so wrong!” And to her embarrassment, she felt tears come to her eyes and she couldn’t explain why. “I just can’t believe you want her when you aren't worthy of her. Why would you go for someone when you clearly aren't good enough for them? The idea of it is just so…” and then oddly enough she let out a giggle. She couldn’t explain why she’d gone from angry to sad to laughter in than a few minutes. “Laughable! That’s right! It’s just laughable!” She didn’t care that her voice was getting more and more high pitched each time she spoke.

Edited by Alyssa Hoofer

Behati Gadot

The odd goings-on of the Great Hall had become a regularity now. So much so that Behati had grown accustomed to it all. One of the upsides (or downsides, depending on your perspective) of attending a magical institution. As it stood, despite her acceptance of Hogwarts' strangeness, Behati was still rendered speechless when Simon had come over to their table and asked Hazel to be his girlfriend.

Two thoughts ran through her mind as she watched the scene unfold: 1. Somehow Hogwarts' magic had managed to make Hazel's deepest wishes come true (shoutout to magic) and 2. This was some sort of joke, and Hazel would be terribly hurt in the aftermath. Bee didn't think Simon the sort to play such cruel games, especially on someone as sweet and pure as Hazel, but she could never really be sure. Hogwarts could make anyone do anything, apparently.

Including make Alyssa have the rudest outbrust Bee had ever heard from her. Just what the heck was going on today?! "Alyssa! That wasn't very nice!" She then turned to Hazel and squealed. "You're totally good enough for her, Simon! But um... Simon. Why are you asking her out so soon? Don't you think we're all a bit too young for this? Especially so publicly?"

Edited by Behati Gadot

Aurora Andrews

Okay so Aurora hadn't expected to witness her best friend get down on one knee and declare his feelings for Hazel quite so publicly or quite as dramatically but she'd also never felt feelings like those two obviously did for each other so even though she thought it was a tad ridiculous she knew she couldn't actually judge for their actions. Instead she watched it all progress all the while nibbling on some toast, and hoping for the best otherwise she knew she'd have a lot of comforting to deal with later. Not that she was against it but things like that always pushed her comfort zone, and that didn't always work out well for her when it came to Simon.

And it had seemed to be going alright, at least until that Hufflepuff whose name she thought she remembered burst out with her own, very unpleasant remarks about Simon. Aurora chewed the bite of toast in her mouth as she was forced to listen to her rant on about how her best friend wasn't good enough for Hazel. Both people involved were very lovely human beings and she couldn't sit around and let someone poison her best friend's good name.

"Oi. Puff. That is my best friend you're talking about! He's just about the best person I've ever known and you don't know what you're talking about. What's it matter to you what they're doing, huh? You ought to zip your lips and walk away alright because nobody tries to shame my best friend on my watch."

Aurora was a fiery little redhead of rage, nobody messed with her Simon.

NOBODY.

Wednesday Mortensen

TRhvnGy.jpg?1

Stranger things had happened at Hogwarts but seeing Simon declare his love for Hazel was awfully sweet. So sweet Wednesday could potentially get a cavity from it. Then there was a Hufflepuff trying to ruin everything and like her housemate, she too jumped to Simon's defense. 

"Simon is adorable and Hazel is adorable, they're adorable together!" Wednesday argued, giving Alyssa a pointed look, "You shouldn't stand in the way of true happiness. It's obvious they're meant to be."

Nari Bae

Meanwhile, while all of this Sizel drama was going on, Nari Bae was burning with insecurities and questions as to why @Aurora Andrewswouldn't eat her cucpcakes along with other life questions such as 42, how can I kill @Emmett Blaze without getting caught and the most important question of all: are girls really allowed to fart in public because she may have let out a silent but deadly one.

Edited by Nari Bae

Julian Pritchard

This whole situation was making Julian very confused and uncomfortable. First, there was Simon’s speech, which he’d overheard by virtue of seeing his roomate stand up from their table, assuming - correctly - that he was going to talk to Hazel and deciding it would be a great idea to tag along. He’d known for a long time that Hazel liked Simon, and he’d suspected that Simon liked Hazel. He just wasn’t clear on what they meant by liking exactly. He’d always assumed it meant some kind of specifically romantic feeling he’d never experienced, but just about everything in Simon’s speech (minus liking hand holding) applied to Julian himself. Did that mean he should be trying to get Hazel to be his girlfriend? That seemed wrong, somehow. .

Then there was Alyssa’s interruption, which took Julian entirely by surprise. The Hufflepuff girl had seemed perfectly nice the first time they’d talked, during their duel, and what she was saying now seemed kind of mean. He frowned. Then again… he thought he might know what was going on.

He turned with a frown to look at Simon and Hazel. “Alyssa told me she says strange stuff when she’s nervous; and she’s really shy, so she’s nervous around people. I think that might be why she’s saying that,” He addressed the last bit to Aurora because she seemed particularly angry.

Edited by Julian Pritchard

Simon Reed
Trista Truelove was total bullshirt.

The Ravenclaw was immediately disillusioned when he was met with hesitation and doubt, as if he would ever joke about such serious matters… unable to look at Hazel any further he dropped his gaze and slipped his hand away. Why did he think that something he had read in some trashy romance novel would actually work in real life? He was an idiot, and now the whole of Hogwarts knew it. He wasn’t entirely sure what he was supposed to do now, but he figured that eventually his fight or flight response would kick in due time…

It took a few seconds but he practically jumped to his feet when he heard the clanking of silverware on the table nearby, finally pulling him away from his thoughts and his sudden state of immobility. He dodged a fair amount of chicken as he faced Alyssa who was now angrily berating him in front of everybody. Simon’s mouth hung partially open in pure shock and bewilderment… had this been the same Hufflepuff who had told him she suffered from shyness just a few weeks ago? His eyes began stinging a bit from pure embarrassment, but he managed to keep any tears at bay.

It all made sense as to why Hazel hadn’t jumped at the chance to be his girlfriend. He obviously wasn’t good enough for her… he had even had a couple of those thought himself before convincing himself this had all been a good idea. His nods were barely noticeable as he silently agreed with the girl.  Then Behati piped in attempting to quell his insecurities with niceties and question but just unknowingly just making things worse for him.

WHY WAS HE STILL HERE?!

“I dunno… it was a mis--” he didn’t get to finish his lame explanations for his actions as he saw a flash of red immediately at his side. He felt oddly comforted by her presence alone and he couldn’t help when a corner of his mouth twitched as she came to his defense.

“Ro… Rory…” he whispered in her direction, unsure he wanted to witness the death of Alyssa… even if he was unsure about his feelings towards her at the moment, she didn’t deserve to die simply because of her honesty.  “Get me out of here…please” he practically begged, needing somebody to physically remove him from his current situation.

He glanced at his roommate Julian… was that all he was, his roommate? Or was he his competition? He did spend a whole lot of time with Hazel, maybe that’s what she looked for in a guy. Somebody with smarts and… glasses? In all honesty he didn’t know much about the bloke, except that he was nice and smart and kept pet spiders. “I don’t think there’s anything strange about being honest…” he murmured dejectedly while flashing a fake smile towards Tuesday’s efforts and tugging on Aurora's cloak with urgency.
Edited by Simon Reed

Hazel Wheeler

The feeling of Simon slipping away from her made her stomach drop. She was going to say yes! Worry started to cover her features, and she couldn't help but feel some strange emotion rise in her chest. Hazel was exasperated. It was frustrating to always feel that the one person who made you feel special couldn't know how much you liked them.

Alyssa's words were cruel, and a large part of Hazel knew that it wasn't at all like Alyssa. Not the girl she had shared a dorm with for months on end, not the girl who was a member of Grrl Pwr, and certainly not the girl who had been so kind during their duel. Alyssa couldn't have a mean bone in her body. Yet, a smaller (much quieter) part of Hazel seemed to overtake all other thoughts. No matter who was speaking, they had no right to talk to Simon that way. Not her Simon. Never.

It didn't really help that almost everyone she knew had joined into the fray. Behati, Aurora, and Wednesday were quick to come to Simon's defense. Hazel felt awful that she couldn't even get a word in. Her eyes were trained on Simon, watching the way his face fell. Her chest felt like it was collapsing.

With red cheeks and a cruel stare, Hazel knew she was angry. Her fists were clenched at her sides as she stood and turned to Alyssa, "No! With all due respect, I kindly ask you to stop talking! Simon Reed is the kindest, most earnest, and one of the greatest people I have ever met."

It was obvious that Hazel was losing all sense of reality. But, this had crossed the line. Finally, she had seen some form of hope in Simon's brave question, and it had been ripped right from her hands. After all of the mess that the first term had caused, Hazel desperately wanted one month where she didn't need to feel like it had all gone wrong.

"And, frankly, Alyssa," Hazel began - her Manchester accent easily slipping its way back in as her emotions took over, "My answer to Simon is my business. I don't need help from anyone to determine how I bloody feel. I'd really appreciate it if you would take your opinion elsewhere. Simon Reed makes me happy. That's all that matters."

Julian. Julian was her saving grace. Hazel felt embarrassed. She had known. It was obvious that Alyssa - at least the Alyssa she knew - would never want to hurt anyone. Taking a deep breath, the Hufflepuff looked back over at her dormmate.

"Julian's right. I-I should probably take her to the hospital wing," Hazel bowed her head in embarrassment before turning to the reason for her anger, "We need to get you to the hospital wing."

It was humiliating. She had let her emotions get the best of her. She couldn't remember the last time she had ever felt so furious.

All because someone hurt Simon.

Oh, dear.

Alyssa Hoofer

Alyssa wasn’t sure what was happening. She felt as if she were in a daze. One moment, she felt rage at Simon for asking out Hazel to laughter at the boy. She stopped in mid laughter as many people she knew, and didn’t know had come over to yell at her. Why were they yelling at her? No one ever yelled at her. She was confused, and being cornered like this made her feel defensive. She covered her ears, closed her eyes and shouted:

“Shut up! Just shut up! All of you just go away and just mind your own business!” She opened her eyes again and lowered her hands and gazed around at everyone until her eyes fell on Hazel. “I don’t want to go to the Hospital Wing!” She said and then she pointed out at a boy, Adrian Pitts, who she barely knew. He was laughing at her! “I want to know why he is laughing at me!”

Why was he laughing at her? Why did she feel so angry and sad all at the same time? She’d never felt anything like this before, and now rage was overcoming her sadness again as she stared at the laughing boy. What was wrong with him and why would he laugh at someone he barely knew? Why were all these people even here?

“Stop laughing at me you- you imbecile!” She shouted at him. “It’s not funny!” And then she glanced at Simon and Hazel. “Are you laughing at them? You shouldn’t laugh at true love you know!”

Wait, hadn’t she been opposed to it? Hadn’t she felt upset at Simon for thinking he was good enough for Hazel? So why did she feel upset with Adrian now for feeling the same way she had? She glanced at Hazel again unaware that she’d ruined something big for her dorm mate, or why the other girl had just been yelling at her. She was confused about why all these people were here in the first place, and she just felt odd.

“Hospital Wing?” She finally asked. “Yes, maybe you’re right. I don’t feel right.”

Aurora Andrews

If she had been in a calmer mood, Aurora would have probably seen the clear rationality of what Julian had said. Unfortunately, she wasn't and as such struggled to repress the rage that had yet to quell because her best friend's name was being ruined by some puff. The words that had been said could not be forgotten by the redhead, particularly as she watched Simon's whole demeanour change rapidly.

At hearing Simon call for her, her intense gaze on the puff softened as she turned to her best friend, who looked even more miserable than he had when she'd come to his defense only moments ago. She wanted nothing more than to save him from this truly unfortunately scene that had unfolded. Aurora had never felt such a strong urge to protect another human being quite like she did in this moment.

And just as she had been ready to grab him and quickly slip away, she was momentarily distracted by Hazel in all her glorious fury. Their interactions had been far and few but Aurora had always liked her but seeing the girl who handed out flower crowns like that was certainly something that Aurora found weirdly appealing.

"Wow, now that's my kind of girl. You picked a good one Simon."

Wait.

They were suppose to be exiting quietly.

Aurora quickly grabbed onto Simon's arm and quickly dragged him away from the scene unfolding. The last thing she did was wonder why that annoying Adrian Pitts was laughing at the scene, her gaze narrowed at him as the duo exited the Great Hall.

"Come on, let's go get some hot chocolate."

Behati Gadot

It seemed that in the moments Behati had taken to wait for Simon to explain himself, more events decided to unfold. Simon, whose random burst of confidence how now apparently been stripped away as quickly as it'd been given, now stood, dazed and confused, apparently already prepared to hear a rejection which Hazel had yet to officially speak. Behati felt for the poor Ravenclaw boy. Somewhat. She'd never made a fool of herself like that before (lololol just wait Bee), but she couldn't imagined it felt good. He backed away into Aurora, and all Behati could really do in that moment was sit there and wrong her hands nervously as she listened to her year mates make the situation more uncomfortable.

For once, she was glad for her subdued nature.

Hazel snapped at Alyssa (who was clearly having the most off-day of them all), her Manchester accent becoming thicker in her tirade. Behati had never seen her like this. In fact, she had never seen any of her mates like this. Everything was moving too fast and everyone was so upset and it all didn't need to be like this. Not at all. "I think this is all Adrian Pitts' doing," she added finally, unhelpfully, after Alyssa had said all she'd wanted to say. "I mean that maybe he wanted to cause drama between all of us. See? He's being a git about it right now---wait! Simon! Aurora! Come back!"

They couldn't give Adrian the satisfaction of thinking he'd won, but Aurora and Simon were already walking away. "I---how do we fix this?" This was fixable... right?

Julian Pritchard

The situation had escalated fast. Julian had never seen Hazel this angry before and he had not been expecting it, though he probably should have, given what he knew about her feelings for Simon.

Taking a step back to create a little distance from the yelling, he stared slack-jawed at the scene - hands hovering around his ears - until Hazel’s anger seemed spend and she suddenly decided Alyssa should be taken to the Hospital Wing. Apparently on his suggestion, even though he’d suggested nothing of the sort. It was probably a good idea, though; if Alyssa was having some sort of shyness-induced breakdown, a calming potion could be helpful. Certainly, being in such a public space could not be helping.

As Alyssa eventually agreed to accompany Hazel to the Hospital Wing, Behati made a comment that gave Julian pause. “Why would he do that?” he asked, mostly to himself. Adrian was a jerk sometimes, but Julian couldn’t understand what he’d get out of something like this. Or how.

Julian frowned. The simplest explanation for someone to act so out of character would be magic, either a spell or a potion. A first year would probably not be able to produce such a complicated spell, but one didn’t need to know how to brew potions in order to use a potion. And as someone who had read a rather frightful number of mystery novels at the age of eleven, Julian knew exactly where he’d pour the potion if he was the one trying to create havoc.

“Maybe you should take this to the Hospital Wing with you,” he told Hazel as he grabbed Alyssa’s pumpkin juice and extended it to her.

Simon Reed
He kept his gaze down, waiting for Aurora to drag him away. Decidedly fixating on his breathing instead, quickly noticing that the inhaling and exhaling had suddenly become a bit mechanical the more he thought about it. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale…. He found himself holding his breath, the sound of her voice quickly bringing him back to the scene he had helped orchestrate just minutes ago. Hazel was suddenly present again and although he couldn’t find it in him to watch, he found himself listening.

Simon had never noticed her accent before, it became more prominent the more animated she got. He attempted to bite at the corners of his lips from within his mouth, hoping that nobody would catch his reaction. The Ravenclaw wanted to smile. Her words made him happy… because in turn he supposedly made her happy. What did that mean!? She had never actually answered his question, at least not with a ‘Yes or No’ as one typically would to such an inquiry.

There was a pause, which was filled quickly by Aurora’s observations. He rolled his eyes and finally let out his breath, he allowed himself to be pulled away with little retaliation. Even with this new information, the boy didn’t really know what to think. Hot cocoa and perhaps advice would bode him well at this time. He was sure he heard their names echoing behind them, but they were on a mission now to find the kitchens and he couldn’t be bothered now. Simon had a lot on his mind.

*AURORA AND SIMON ARE OUT :3 *

Hazel Wheeler

Hazel sighed, carefully grabbing Alyssa's hand and muttering over to her dormmate, "Hey, hey, it's quite alright. We'll get you to the hospital wing, yeah?"

A blush ran up her cheeks as she felt the overwhelming weight of everyone's eyes on her. She hadn't meant to blow up like that. It just wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that she had been through so many things. Only for a moment like this to be taken from her. Hazel bit her tongue, not wanting to think like that for a moment longer. She didn't have the right to feel selfish. Alyssa was clearly affected by something, and it was her duty to make sure the girl was alright.

Simon and Aurora disappeared from her vision, and a small reminder of what had happened in the astronomy tower flickered through her mind. Could it? Was it all just -? Sighing through her teeth, Hazel focused back on the calming, logical voice of Julian. Her attention resumed back on the matter at hand. A friend was in trouble. She needed to take the girl to the hospital wing.

"Okay," Hazel said, finally grasping what was going on, "Can you make sure that Adrian doesn't do anything else?" Her head hurt, and she felt the urge to cry. How could she continually make a fool of herself? In front of all of her friends? Couldn't she just go back to her room and bury herself under the covers?

"Alyssa? C'mon let's get you to the infirmary."

fin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.