Havana Towne

Candy cures all obviously

4 posts in this topic

The holiday break had been for the lack of a better term, interesting. There was that entire situation that happened at the Dracel Manor that lead to a fight, a broken, nose, some ripped out hair, and some definite issues that were going to happen during the next quidditch game. All-in-all, the break could not have have gone any worse, but luckily for her some good things did come out of it.

She knew exactly where she thought she stood with Killian and knew that it was definitely better than the standing that Damaris had with him. That and one morning she had woken up, looked in the mirror, and couldn’t help but smile. On the train ride back to Hogwarts, Havana had made a quick stop in Hogsmeade and walked into the candy shop and bought a couple dozen of items before finding her way back to the Hogwarts castle grounds.

The snow had freshly fallen the night before giving the grounds a smooth untouched look as she made her way towards the castle door. Sure, the weather was chilly, but everything was going to make it all better when she saw Killian. What was he to her? Was he just some friend whom she met one night down in the common room? Was he more? If he was more than just the friend, what was her?

She entered the castle and to her surprise Killian was standing in the main hall corridor by the castle door. To Havana’s embarrassment the first word that slipped out her mouth was:

“Boyfriend.”

Merlin's beard, he was glad it was over. The holidays had been interesting to say the least, and definitely couldn't have been any worse. His two friends had gone at each other like cats, hissing with their claws out. Honestly, he had to admit he kind of liked it, but at the same time it was bloody Christmas and they made a mockery of it in his own house. Some things just couldn't be excused, y'know?

Killian didn't give a flying bludger if the two of them continued to fight. His mantra would always be the same--do not get involved. As long as they didn't drag him into whatever their feud was, he didn't care. And if they did, then they were going to find themselves on the wrong side of him. He was neutral ground. Except when it came to @Kaleb Kennedy and @Damaris Denton. It was no man's land where that tosser was concerned.

Damaris had gone off with Cap after they arrived at the castle, and that left Killian alone (because who knew where @Everly Cantrell was?). He was looking at the house points glasses and taking in the totals and just how far Slytherin was going to have to climb in order to come out on top. Lame.

The door opened and in stepped Havana with the most surprising word escaping her. Boyfriend. Killian still hadn't changed into his Hogwarts uniform. Instead, he was wearing a solid black suit and tie that completely made his blond hair pop. "The things that can happen without my knowledge," he mused. "Pretty sure there needs to be some kissing happening for that to be a thing, though." Cue the smile and pearly whites. He gestured to the goodies in her hand. "Is this your attempt to give me a love potion?"

Did she really just call him boyfriend?

She couldn’t wrap her head around the word that had just escaped her mouth. There wasn’t much of anything that had made her think that perhaps Killian was indeed her boyfriend. Luckily, Killian had seemingly diffused the situation as he pointed out the candy that was in her hand. She smirked and laughed off the awkwardness of the situation.

“Love potion?” she rolled her eyes, “do you think I’m that desperate?”

She stared towards him and then placed the candy out towards Killian, “Do you want a fizzing whizzbee, Killian?”

"Well, I mean... you did punch @Damaris Denton in the face and broke her nose, so..." he gave her a wry grin. "You popped her real good, too." The memory was so vivid, as was his initial anger. The disrespect in his house had been clear. Though they may have been fighting over something stupidly random (and not him... though, seriously... why not him?), they could have saved it for another place, another time.

"If you were thinking of giving me one of those potions, though, I just might have to take it." He had no idea where those words were coming from, but he certainly couldn't stop them once they had left his lips.

He looked down at the offered fizzing whizzbee, only slightly surprised by the offer. "Is this one of those... when I reach for it, you'll  yank it away sort of things? Because that would be just... mean." Killian reached out for it anyway, because he really did want one.