Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eve McBride

McBride, Eve

10 posts in this topic

Eve McBride

Vh37

PHP Lesson 1 Assignment and Extra Credit

I, Eve McBride, have read the Rules & Guidelines.

Name: Eve McBride
Blood Status: Half Blood
Are you new to VH? (Yes/No): No
What do you want to learn the most from this school? (in character): Everything I can, especially how to protect myself and those around me if we were ever attacked
What do you want to learn the most from this school? (out of character): How to role play better
A few things your character likes doing in his/her free time: Reading, hanging out with family and friends

Extra Credit WC 72

Eve was nervous when she got her Hogwarts letter, it meant that instead of coming home from school everyday she would be home every holiday and every summer, she had never been away from home for a long period of time before. Her parents comforted her in letting her know that everything would be alright and that they would write everyday and that eventually over time the distance wouldn't be so bad. 

Edited by Eve McBride

Eve McBride

Vh37

PHP Lesson 2 Assignment and Extra Credit

Eve McBride

Pre-Hogwarts Primary, vh37

My family means everything to me

Extra Credit WC 151

Dear Mom and Dad,

I survived my first week at Hogwarts and I miss you guys like crazy, there are a lot of rules here that we have to go by, I wish there weren't so many but I can understand why they are put in place. Like for instance we're not allowed to duel in the hallways and we're not allowed out of our beds and roaming the halls at night, those could get people hurt, safety is very important around here and I like that the teachers want to protect their students from harm, it's amazing, it's everything you said it would be Dad and more. At first I thought that the teachers were too stricked but as time went on and with each passing day I'm beginning to understand the importance of it all

I love you both very much and I'll see you at Christmas

Love, Eve

Eve McBride
Vh37
PHP Lesson 3 Assignment and Extra Credit

Considerate: She takes other people's feelings into account and she always thinks before she speaks so she tries not to hurt anyone's feelings or offends anyone

Friendly: She always has a smile on her face, hardly anything gets her down, of course she has bad days like everyone else, who doesn't? But she would never take it out on anyone, she likes everybody and she'll probably be seen waving to people in the hallways between classes and it's very rare that she wouldn't like someone and if that happens then she would probably just ignore the person or try to be civil with them and stay away from possible arguments should anything happen

Respectful: Coming from a military family Eve's parents have always taught her to treat people with the respect that they deserve, it doesn't matter who you are, what you look like or how much money you have, all that matters is that you're a good person

Trustworthy: She doesn't like gossip and she would never spread other peoples business around whether they would be true or not but if someone was to tell her something like them having a crush on someone and ask not to tell that person then they can be sure that Eve will keep her mouth shut and not say a word about anything to anyone

Dependable: Eve will always get to where she needs to be on time, she will always turn in her homework on time, you can almost always count on her for just about anything

Extra Credit WC 218

"They don't look like that you know?"

"What?" Eve looked over at her dad in confusion as they had been watching her moms favorite Disney cartoon The Little Mermaid for the umpteenth time since her mom had been gone for a couple of weeks out of the country and won't be back for another month "Who?"

"The mermaids." Jacob said starring at the TV screen "They are not as kind or as beautiful as people have claim them to be."

"What do you mean?" Eve asked paying more attention to what her dad was saying "I thought they help guide the sailors to where they need to be?"

"Oh, they guide them alright." Her dad said with a scoff "They guide them to their death's the moment the sailors cross their paths, they are extremely vicious and some of them are just downright scary."

Eve had been listening to her dad's stories about Hogwarts all her life and some of them she thinks he tells just to scare her but the way he was telling her about the mermaids got her thinking that if what he's saying is true and if there was some sort of lake, ocean or river at Hogwarts she was going to make sure she didn't go anywhere near it just to be safe

Edited by Eve McBride

Eve McBride
Vh37
PHP Lesson 4 Assignment and Extra Credit

The Basics
Name: Eve McBride
House: Wherever the sorting hat decides to put me is where I'll be
Birthday: October 24
Hometown: London, England
Pureblood/Half Blood/Muggleborn: Half Blood
Five words that best describe your character: Considerate, Friendly, Respectful, Trustworthy, Dependable

Appearance
Hair Color: Brown
Hair Style: Straight and to her shoulders with a little bit of curling at the ends
Eye color: Blue
Height: 5 foot tall

Family
Father's name: Brief description (occupation, blood, etc): Jacob McBride, Pureblood, was born in England and has lived there all his life, works as a healer at St. Mungo's and sometimes works as a field medic for wounded soldiers to Muggles, Witches and Wizards, he has learned to never use magic on the Muggles for fear of exposing the wizarding world

Mother's name: Brief description (occupation, blood, etc): Elizabeth Beckett–McBride, Muggle Born, never went to Hogwarts, was born in the U.S. is a Captain in the Air Force and is currently stationed in England where she met her husband and had their daughter, so far after 15 years there have been no orders to transfer out of the country

Siblings (names and descriptions): Eve is an only child

Other key family members: Eve has never met her paternal grandparents since they disowned their son for marrying a non magical american muggle

Maternal Grandmother: Evelyn Beckett, Muggle, retired firefighter
Maternal Grandfather: Abraham Beckett, Muggle, retired air force general

Miscellaneous
Interests/hobbies: Reading, visiting her grandparents
What you might like to do after Hogwarts: I don't know yet
Someone you look up to: My parents and grandparents

Extra Credit WC 475

Elizabeth Beckett joined the air force right after she graduated from high school, with a good recommendation from her father who was a colonel at the time, she was able to get in with no problems but had to work extra hard because she was the colonel's daughter and didn't want to receive any special treatment or to disappoint him

Not long after she graduated from boot camp Elizabeth received orders to transfer over seas to work in England where she met Jacob McBride who was working in a muggle hospital in Londan at the time and would later become her husband. They formed an instant connection and was dating for a year when he told her that he was a wizard

Elizabeth thought that he was kidding and that he had been reading to many fairy tales until one day she met his parents and they used magic on her to try to scare her away as they believed that muggles and purebloods should never mix. As soon as it was made known to them that Elizabeth was not going anywhere and that there was a possibility that their son was going to marry an American muggle they quickly disowned him hoping that he would come to his senses and get rid of her and settle down with a nice non american pureblooded witch

2 years after they moved in together they were married in a quiet ceremony with just her family and a few air force officers as witnesses with her father officiating the marriage as he was just promoted to general. Although they liked Jacob very much, Elizabeth's parents were suspecting that something weird was going on with their son in law but they couldn't prove anything

One year later Elizabeth gave birth to a healthy 7 pound baby girl that they named Eve after her mother Evelyn. One day when Eve was two years old her grandparents came to England to visit for their granddaughter's birthday, their suspicions turned out to be correct when they saw Eve levitate a book a few feet from the ground before Jacob could stop her. Now that the secret was out they explained to them the importance of keeping something like this a secret and being in the military Abraham understood the importance of classified information and both him and his wife promised that they wouldn't say a word about it to anyone

Over the years as Eve grew she would always wonder why her and her dad were the only ones able to do magic and not her mom or grandparents "Because you are very special." Eve's grandpa would always tell her

Eve would eventually come to realize how true that statement would be once she got her letter and go to the Hogwarts that her dad was always talking about in his stories

Edited by Eve McBride

Eve McBride
Vh37
PHP Lesson 5 Assignment WC 88

Eve is a relatively easy girl to get along with, sometimes she's pretty quiet until you get to know her, coming from a military family her mom and grandpa both taught her a little bit of self defence so she can defend herself and those around her without the use of a wand if anything were to happen, there are ways to defend yourself without the use of violence, sometimes it's best to just walk away and hope they don't shoot you in the back like a coward

Eve McBride
Vh37
PHP Lesson 6 Assignment and Extra Credit

Bank and shop are both unavailable

WC 195

Today was the day that Eve was going to get her very own pet from Diagon Alley, it was the first step to independence and responsibility before going out on her own for the whole school year without her parents. She was looking forward to getting a Cat from the shop but when she stepped inside there were so many Cats in every shape, size and color that it was going to be nearly impossible to decide which one she wanted

"Take your time." The shopkeeper told her with a smile "No need to rush."

Looking around at the cats and trying to make a decision felt like it was taking forever, she wanted a cat that was calm and wouldn't start attacking her or anyone else and get her in trouble. After a while of searching Eve found a cute mackerel tabby cat that was a couple months old

"You look amazing" Eve said with excitement as she picked the cat up "I think I will name you Tiger." Eve payed for the cat, thanked the shopkeeper and left the store ready for her trip to Hogwarts, at least she won't be alone anymore

Extra Credit WC 148

Eve was getting ready to leave the class for the day when she felt something around her legs that almost made her trip and fall. Looking down as she steadied herself she sees a black cat at her feet with the loudest purr that she has ever heard that she was sure other people would hear it in the hallways

"Well, hello there." Eve picked up the cat with a chuckle as she stroked his head and body in her arms "You've got my attention now, huh?" 

Merlin wasn't in her arms for very long before he had decided that he had enough love from his new friend and jumped out of her arms. Eve watched as he laid down on the windowsill that was catching the light from the windows and in no time at all had fallen asleep. Well, at least he had made her day

Edited by Eve McBride

Eve McBride
Vh37
PHP Lesson 7 Assignment and Extra Credit

WC 62
Probably the Care of Magical Creatures class, hearing her dad talk about Centaurs, Unicorns and Dragons (Oh My) sounds like something out of the movies and whatever a Hippogriff was Eve was interested in seeing what one looked like whether it be up close or far away as long as she saw something that she can write home to her parents about

Extra Credit WC 60

Eve McBride

PHP Lesson 7
Vh37

"Well, what do you know, they really do exist." Eve was staring at the Unicorn in awe as the class was learning about the magnificent creature that day. She had only heard stories from her dad and had read about them in fairy tales but to actually be standing a few feet away from a real live one was breathtaking

Edited by Eve McBride

Eve McBride
Vh37
PHP Lesson 8 Assignment and Extra Credit

WC 52

Eve is really looking forward to dueling and learning all kinds of spells to protect and defend herself and others with, apparently just turning the other cheek and backing away from a fight won't work if the other person has a wand and you're empty handed, that would be a big mistake

Extra Credit WC 63
Eve heard the excitement in the common room as everyone was talking about the quidditch tryouts being held that weekend. She thought about signing up but then she remembered her dad telling her that it can get pretty brutal out there. They're just tryouts, how bad can they be? Maybe she would be better off supporting her house and cheering the players on

Edited by Eve McBride

Eve McBride
Vh37
PHP Lesson 9 Assignment and Extra Credit

WC 65

I hope it will be anywhere but Slytherin because I'm not mean enough to go there, I would like to be placed in Hufflepuff because I try to be a good person and I want to defend my friends and family, maybe I'll get put in Gryffindor because of that who knows but wherever the sorting hat decides to put me will be all good

Extra Credit WC 74

"I think that when you put the hat on, it can read every single thought that you have ever had in your entire life and also your life flashes before your eyes that only the hat can see, whether it was good or bad, for it to make it's decision about what house to put you in because the sorting hat is never wrong and it's decision is always final, that's what I think.”

Edited by Eve McBride

Workbook Complete

Homework Assignments 9/9
Extra Credit Assignments 8/9

Edited by Eve McBride