Atlas Wyrmwort

Hero to Zero

5 posts in this topic

Atlas was never going to be strong enough to save anyone. He had an awful day, which lead to him skipping dinner to hide away from most other students. Food wouldn't help his empty soul.

The first year trotted out onto the lawn with the plant pot and burned up remains of Herb-ert tightly in his arms. If he was to be completely honest he kept hoping that maybe if he dreamt hard enough or got one too many tears in the soil, it would be touched by his love and grow back to life. Because that's how all the fairytails end. It was just hard, okay? He tried to bring the plant everywhere with him since being assigned to care for the plant in Herbology. Nobody had told him that bringing a plant to the dueling chamber to act as his cheerleader was a bad idea!

That was why the boy sat out by the water front staring off into the distance as he hugged that stupid pot in close to his body. His robes were all burnt up and ruined near the back. He thought if you threw clothes on fires they went away, but as it turned out, the clothes just caught fire too. He would need his mum to send another since he didn't know any good magic spells to fix it yet... If you could fix it with magic.

With a sigh, Atlas slowly leaned back, a pile of dirt from Herbert's pot slipping out into his chest as he stared towards the night sky. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you, man." Atlas muttered. And with that he shut his eyes and pretended to die. Because that's all he wanted to do since HE WAS GOING TO BLOODY FAIL HERBOLOGY BEFORE HE STOOD A BLOODY CHANCE. WHY WAS HE SO STUPID?

Edited by Atlas Wyrmwort

"What in Merlin's name are you doing?"

There were about a million things wrong with this picture: first year slumped onto the ground directly by the waterfront, the burned remains of a Mimbulus Mimbletonia, and the edges of charred robes peeking out from beneath the fallen figure. It was perhaps even a bit concerning. "You look like a proper m e s s ," he grumbled, as if it it all offended him. The redhead did manage to mar the perfect scenery, creating an eyesore where his gaze should be alighted by the gradual sunset : myriad of oranges and reds fading into violets and blues.

Instead, Casper was treated with dull, faded grays, such was the state of dead plants and withering robes. It was - dare he say it ? - even a familiar view. No, it wasn't the charred robes that jogged his memory, but the frustrated furrow of the boy's brow as he grasped onto a plant's remains. It made him feel... sympathetic (?) . 

"... How'd your Mimbulus die?"

It was an important question, essential for offering his  a d v i c e . Yeah, you heard correctly : Casper was giving advice.  Was that not his job as a second year (older & wiser) to educate the younger years year? The boy always liked telling people what do anyways. Maybe advice-giving could even become a passion. You could just decide those on a whim, right?

Atlas slowly glanced up at the new figure coming within his sight. A mess? Well... Of course Atlas looked like a mess! He had been through hell and slowly climbed his way out all on his own. "... How'd your Mimbulus die?"  Here it went. Another student who would laugh at him because of how utterly stupid he was.

"Because I'm an idiot and I'm going to fail herbology. It's all over for me. This right here is why they say after 10 it's a straight downward decline from there in life." He figured that must have summed it all up rather well. He was a man now, which meant when he made mistakes he had to suffer the consequences if he liked it or not. "I wanted to be a good plant parent so I brought it everywhere and I went to the dueling chamber later that day. An older student set him on fire because I couldn't block a fire spell."

See?

Atlas's fault. If his wand wasn't broken he would have been able to do something! He sat straight as he wiggled his booty towards the other student. "Look," He went fishing in his pocket, yanking out a small piece of parchment as he held it out for the other male to see. "... I dunno if the professor will give me a break or not cause of it."

UGuU3kl.jpg

Sometimes he felt alone and wanted to walk where the humans were, even if he was scared that they were going to step on him. He had claws and was able to use them. He just didn't want to hurt anyone, that he didn't have to hurt. Right now he was just trying to figure out where he wanted to go. Sneaking inside wouldn't be hard, there was humans opening and closing the door all the time, but he loved it outside.

Deciding that the lake would be the best place, as long as the giant squid wasn't looking for a branch to eat.

There was some humans around, which he was getting used to again. Deciding to jump on one for them and hang out there, nothing wrong with that. Unless the human wanted to hurt him.

----

just your local bowtruckle hanging out, if you want me to hide this post please let me know. <3

It was a familiar tale of woe spoken by ( no doubt ) countless first years before. The remains of a Mimbulus forcing students to reconsider their futures with a failing grade in Herbology marring their records. Thankfully, the Professor clearly made exceptions ( if Casper was any example ) , allowing mistakes to be overlooked given the situation. Thus, Casper glanced at the note with a critical eye.

He was searching for a hint of deceit, a false claim for a gardening 'mistake'. What he saw, however, was Molly's deplorable handwriting. Unfortunately, he had worked with the girl enough to recognize it. A scoff. Setting someone's plant on fire? He wouldn't put it past her. "Of course she did," he muttered, before continuing in a level tone, "Well, if that's what really happened, I'm certain the Professor will be lenient. He still does extra lessons, correct?"

"If he is, you'll be able to save your grade..." Pause. "... And I speak from experience," he admitted, grudgingly, if only to let the other know that not all hope was lost. Risking his dignity to help out someone else - he was such a good person. "My plant was eaten by a transfigured rat." It would sound ridiculous if this was anywhere other than Hogwarts; then again, it still sounded foolish.

"This project won't make or break your grade, so - just, uh, clean yourself up," he advised, because he was full of knowledge and guidance meant to be shared with the world, especially if it helped alleviate the boy's messy appearance. "Your Herbology grade will recover... as long as you're not a proper idiot -"

He was cut off by movement out of the corner of his eye. He flinched, eyes narrowed at the green speck clinging to his sweater. Bowtruckles: minuscule and practically harmless. But, Casper's aversion of any creature ( human included ) dictated his fear. He shook his shoulder lightly, hoping to gracefully dislodge the thing.