Delia Halliwell-Midnight

Whenever I see you I'm uneasy

5 posts in this topic

Delia hadn't attempted holding Sam's hand yet because she didn't know if he wanted to. She sat across from him at breakfast. "I sent a note to our mentees to meet us this afternoon."

The new mentees! That’s what Sam had forgotten to do. “Oh, good. I meant to get around to that.” He looked sheepish. “Just, erm, patrols, you know? Don’t worry though, I’m free today.”

"Oh you are? So we'll have plenty of time with them then." Delia was glad she at least had one girl mentee because 2 boys last year was just rough. "Um, do you patrol every night? Or just some?" Gosh, how could she hold his hand yet? She needed to time this right.

”Not every night, thankfully,” Sam answered. “But it’s a bit...tedious. Especially if you actually catch someone sneaking around.” He grimaced. “I hate having to take points away.”

Something about Delia seemed a bit off, but he wasn’t sure what. Maybe she was nervous about the mentees? “I wonder what we should do with them? Our mentees, I mean.”

"We can do something fun? I won't hit bludgers at them that's cruel. But...maybe, hmm...we can see what they'd like to do? I mean there has to be a lot of things they want to do." She had to think for a minute but Delia decided it was now or never. She reached underneath the table and gently grabbed Sam's hand and held it.