Professor Grimsby

Whose Prompt is it Anyway?

Professor Grimsby

Grimsby had an amazing idea. He was going to teach his students the art of improvisation, which could only help them in the future.

"Welcome to the first semi-mandatory improv class, students!" He greeted the rag tag bunch who had gathered. Word would spread. There would be more.

"Today, we're playing a game called scenes from a bat! This enchanted toy bat is going to say something, and you're going to act it out."

Rules:

They don't matter. Except the site rules, those still matter. PG, guys.

Also don't matter.

Everything is made up.

Notes: you can answer prompts at any time, in any order. You can post more than once. Rules are dumb.

Edited by Professor Grimsby

Professor Grimsby

Prompt #1

The bat announces your inspiration: 

Unlikely duelling spells!

Margaret Schoenberger

Margaret collapsed onto the floor. "The Killing Curse!"

Grayden Payne

"Fernunculus!" said Grayden, pointing his wand and reciting the name of a curse he'd heard somewhere. A little buzz in his ear had caused his arms to twitch and slip, but when the boils began to sprout on his neighbor's face, he cringed.

"I'm s-s-s-sorry, oh! I didn't know!"

Edited by Grayden Payne

Ollie Celeste

Ollie had obviously shown up to an improv class because her entire life was a really badly improvised comedy set. Basically, it was made for her. And she was a duelist! So it was even more perfect! Jumping up she plucked her wand from her pocket and twirled it around. "Grimsbyus Oldius!" She bellowed, "Your opponent will age so rapidly they will die."

Aggie Price

Prompt #1 - Unlikely Dueling Spells

Aggie was proud of herself.  She'd manage to learn a new spell all by herself.  At least she thought it was a spell.

It had an incantation.

She pointed her wand.

Stuff happened.

Ergo, she had created a spell that she'd never seen before.

The Gallop Spell.   With the pronouncement of the word, 'cocoloconutatio', two coconut shell halves would appear in midair and begin clapping themselves together mimicking the sound of a galloping horse.  They would then proceed to chase your opponent around the platform.

Aggie was quite proud of herself. 

Addergoole Weber

Addergoole was supposedly good at duelling in theory, but he knew the best duelling spell ever.

He came to the center, raised his wand, and announced "I-NOW-QUIT-ICUS" and ran away,

Hazel Wheeler

"Vitulisque marinis! A giant walrus lies on the platform and protects you from all harm," Hazel said as she proceed to lie on the floor and squirm around.

Bryony King

Bryony had been advised to come to this improv class as a way to loosen up. Which was apparently needed. She had been told by multiple people. 

Rude. 

Unlikely duelling spells!

Hm. "why-even-duel-ikus-us" She said half heartedly, not completely confident in her choice. 

Ollie Celeste

Ollie clapped approvingly at Hazel's suggestion. That ickle showed promise!

"And in response to the walrus, you could have the bellyflopus charm! It makes you bounce off the walrus and you'll land on your opponent, flattening them and winning the duel!"

Professor Grimsby

"Beautiful, beautiful!" Grimsby was making great use of his buzzer sound. 

PROMPT #2

EMBITTERED TALKING LLAMAS GO TO HOGWARTS

Points so far:

Margaret Longnameberger - 1000

Liam Payne - 342

Ollie Deadtome - 333

Aggie Price - 372

Addergoole - 5

Hazel Walrus - 999

Bryony-  333

Notes: you can answer prompts at any time, in any order. You can post more than once. Rules are dumb.

Edited by Professor Grimsby

Aggie Price

ETA:  Prompt #2

Ted the llama was not amused.  All this time he had waited to get to Hogwarts and be able to graze through the books in the Library there and the minute he tried, some huffly librarian kicked him out.

"It's not fair, Jeb," he griped to his best llama friend.

"You shouldn't have grazed in the restricted section," Jeb replied.

"But they were soooo tasty!"

Edited by Aggie Price

Molly Stone

Molly was extra pumped for this activity as she had plans to emerge as a famous actress, so she really put on the dramatics when approached with bitter talking llamas.

"Okay, Mr. Babs, listen here. We're having a very mature conversation about business and law. I'm protecting your fundamental llama rights. She turned to Ollie. "That one just insulted you, wanna fight it?"

Bryony King

She was only further confused by the next prompt. 

Automatically she stuck out her neck because Llamas had long necks right? 

She then looked more confused, frowning "I am a llama, why am I going to Hogwarts? I have hooves I can't hold a wand?!??"

Edited by Bryony King

Hazel Wheeler

Hazel took on the voice of a member of royalty, with her nose promptly up in the air.

"What do you mean we can't stay here? As a member of the Llama's Against Human Stupidity, I demand lodging."

Ollie Celeste

Ollie's demeanor quickly changed when the next prompt was issued, and she fell into a slump which she felt represented the llama well. "I got detention for regurgitating my dinner all over Professor James," she grumbled. "Huh?"

Ollie started pretending to kick out at whoever insulted her, llama style.

Margaret Schoenberger

Margaret was too shy to strike up a conversation with herself, so instead she got down on her knees and hands, pretended to spit on the ground bitterly, and whispered, "I hope I get Hufflepuff."

Molly Stone

Llama Molly started kicking Mr. Babs, too, since anything goes in this game, and "accidentally" landed a kick on @Bryony King.

Ollie Celeste

"Psst, Bryony. Llamas don't have hooves so you're fine to hold a wand 'cause you have two toes. You can be bitter about not having hooves?"

Edited by Ollie Celeste

Grayden Payne

Grayden was about to pretend to be a llama, but he was too aghast at the fact that Margaret spit on the ground, and all the germs she just spread. He stumbled back, disgust filling him rapidly as he stood close to the sweet-smelling Ollie. Margaret was the new Ollie - germ-speckled.

"Baa," he added.

Hazel Wheeler

"Listen, whatever your name is. I'm 10 months pregnant, and I want somewhere to lie down," Hazel might have been a bit too into being a llama, but that's theatre right?

Professor Grimsby

PROMPT #3

If Hogwarts had a truthful welcome sign

Ollie Celeste

Ollie wrapped her rose scented arms around Grayden to protect him from Margie, who she bitterly stuck her tongue out at, because that was how llamas solved problems in social situations.

Prompt #3

"Go to Durmstrang instead."

Hazel Wheeler

"Welcome to Hogwarts. We haven't had an accident in 30   20   3   45    1 day!" Hazel giggled at Ollie's suggestion as she stood straight up like a sign.

Edited by Hazel Wheeler

Ollie Celeste

"Hows about: Hogwarts! Hope your hungry, 'cause your sister is on the menu tonight."

RIP Margo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.