Nicodemus Knight

Birds of a Feather Win Together

7 posts in this topic

Nico ushered the Eaglets into the Trophy Room.  Hopefully, this would be as uneventful as the Hospital Wing, from an impromptu challenge perspective.  He’d really have to have a conversation with Eloise after this.  Seriously… they’ve had no formal wizard training yet… what are we expecting them to be able to do?  Well, I’m not expecting them to do much.  Hopefully just not burn down the castle before I turn them over to Professor Ripley.  Oh right, Ripley.

“This is the Trophy Room.  You can see awards and achievements won by various students and houses over the years of Hogwarts’ history.  As Eloise mentioned,our Head of House, Professor Ripley, really, really, really likes cups.  So… try to win some?”  Nico glanced over to Eloise and gave a shrug. “Anything else, Eloise?”

Anything else?! This was probably the most important room in the entire castle, and that was all Nico wanted to say about it? “Yes, I also would like to mention the only way to prove you’re going to be successful is to get your name on a trophy before you leave Hogwarts,” Eloise stated bluntly, taking time to meet each of the ickle’s eyes. “I have two trophies already, I might note,” She added. Clearly, she was going places, but would any of the ickles in front of her do the same?

“Now, who wants to play a game? We can’t just leave without you all getting a really good look at all the awards in here, after all,” Eloise gave Nico another look, “So come on in, get acquainted… your job before we leave is to find a trophy that belongs to a Ravenclaw and point it out to me or Nico.” Not nearly as grueling as the other tasks, or as intimidating, but it would hopefully teach them what greatness looked like… and just how many Ravenclaws had achieved it before leaving the walls of Hogwarts.

OoC: Welcome to the fifth stop of our tour, the trophy room! We’re serious - Ripley likes cups. We’re also serious - go find us some past Ravenclaw stars by looking in the pinned topics in this forum. Bold the trophy winner’s name and what they won in your post if you opt to play. Or, of course, you’re perfectly allowed to rebel against Eloise and ignore her entirely. People who post here will get a random prize from the shops. When you’re done, you can continue to the sixth stop of our tour, the library!

The trophy room was pretty impressive, and it had a relatively pleasant scent to it. It smelled old, but important. It was hard to describe. Columbia listened, glad that there wasn't much to be tested on in here that would turn out to be dangerous. She frowned a bit at the comment on the only way to be successful was getting your name on a trophy, but decided to think on that later. Surely there were greats from Hogwarts who's name did not appear on one of these cups?

The assignment seemed easy enough. Ignoring a wall with some scribblings on it - what was that about? - she found the dueling trophies.

"Oooh, Eloise! I found one here. @Eloise Beauchamp third place in the beginner tier dueling tournament." She smiled brightly at the prefect that had been running them through the ringer all night.

Simon had a theory that Eloise had become a Prefect just to have subordinates. Because that's what all the first years were turning out to be, doing every little thing she asked... he crinkled his nose in distaste.  He followed Columbia over to the nearest trophy case and snorted when she mentioned their Prefect's third place standing. He attempted a cover up by clearing his throat and pointing to another trophy nearby,  "Tarquin Pomfrey-Corner, First Place in the Advanced Tier Dueling Tournament" he waved at Nico to approve his findings.

Edited by Simon Reed

If Julian had to be honest, he didn’t much care about awards. He certainly didn’t care about awards given to people he did not know and would probably never meet. The fact that they belonged to the same house seemed like a silly reason to care. Still, he couldn’t very well resist the challenge of finding stuff.

So, when Eloise prompted them to find awards won by past Ravenclaws, he started making his way methodically through the room until he found one. It didn’t take very long. There were only four houses, after all, and one could probably expect the awards to be fairly well distributed among them.

Jeneva Jewels,” he pointed at the case. “First place in the 2009 duelling tournament. Tier two.”

Eloise gave @Columbia Newton a sour face. "If you look down just a bit you would've seen my gold trophy in intermediate tier," She told the girl flatly, but nodded at both @Julian Pritchard and @Simon Reed's findings. "Good to both of you," She told them. Now... where were all the other ickles?

The others seemed to be looking at the dueling trophies so Claribel made her way to the quiditch cups. The last year that ravenclaw won seemed to be 2024.

"Lorcan Lovegood-Scamander and Keizuki Tomai. Captains of the Ravenclaw quiditch team. 2023 to 2024."

She smiled at herself. Two names ought to impress the prefects.