Ekaterina Valentin

Summer Break, It's Kit Kat Time

7 posts in this topic

It wasn't quite that Kat was wondering around Diagon Alley in a daze.  It was more a case of disbelief that she was shopping for her books and supplies for her sixth year.  Had the last five years really gone by that fast?  It seemed a blur to her, especially this past summer even with the week's internship with Ixion, a week or two visiting her grandparents in Russia, and some time back home in Scotland spent with her maternal grandparents.  Grandmama Cameron spent some time helping Kat with her spinning.

Now, she was standing in front of the window at the Magical Menagerie looking at the assortment of kittens in the window display.  Not that she was contemplating getting one.  Igor, her own cat, would not enjoy sharing his space with another creature.  But it was fun to watch their antics as they played.  Her attention was diverted by the sound of a familiar voice calling her name.  

"We will get you your flies... stop chirping in my ear." Kermit said to Lady Delilah, the toad perching on his shoulder. She has been extra demanding recently and he had no idea what was wrong with her. He carried on down the alley, thankful that he had been able to get away from his family for the day. With his sisters going to his mothers old magic school in America - a thought that caused him much joy - it meant they were with their parents. So here he was, a sixth year, with a list of items he needed to purchase. 

It hadn't been that difficult to narrow down the subjects he would be taking for his NEWTs. What would be difficult was attempting to carry around all the books as they were bound to be heavy and bulky. With the list poking out his pocket, Kermit turned the corner, and a smile appeared on his features. "KAT!" He shouted out, scaring a first year who scuttled past. "How's it going good lookin'?"

Watching the kittens was actually reminding her that she needed to pick up a few things for Igor.  His supply of catnip was about to run out -- not that Igor Kitty had a problem.  He could quit anytime he just didn't want to.  His 

In actuality, Kat's attention was caught a bit earlier by a rather vocal chirping of a frog but she did not think to connect it to any owners of frogs that she knew off hand.  At least not until she heard a familiar and cheery voice, one that always brightened her day.  "KIT!" she called back before blushing some at his further words.  But, she replied with "Going okay.  How about you, handsome?"

Once the words were out of her mouth, her brain suddenly gave her the 'Did you just say that?' moment.  Not that he wasn't handsome and cute in Kat's opinion.

No sooner as the words exited his mouth, Lady Delilah started a series of noises. Kermit had learnt many years ago that they were usually aimed as persons she liked. Kat had been one of Kermit's friends for many years, so it was obvious that the toad which usually was sitting on a part of his body liked her. Kermit wore a smile on his features as he reached the fellow sixth year. 

"I'm very well!" Kermit replied, pleased that he was able to get away from the idea of shopping. "Better now I have seen a friendly face. Are you looking at getting a new kitten?"

He looked to the kittens in the window. If he was not a complete toad addict, kittens would be his next choice in pet. That being said he also knew that he wouldn't be able to deal with any drama queen. He would rather stick with his toad whilst at hogwarts - and his niffler whilst he was at home. 

Of course, Kat would not leave Kermit's favorite toad out of a greeting.  "Hello, Lady Delilah," she addressed the toad.  "Hope you've had a good summer as well."  

She laughed at Kermit's question.  "I have no desire for Igor Kitty to plot revenge so, no, I'm not contemplating adding a new kitten to the crew," she replied.  "I just was watching their antics for a bit though I do need to go inside and get a few supplies for his royal self," she added.  Oh yes, Igor kitty was probably well named considering who he was named after.  Spoiled kitty and loving every minute of it.

"How about you?  Supplies or adding to the 'family'?" she asked.

“Ah no. I already have one drama!toad.” Kermit replied with a laugh of his own. “I already have enough issues with Lady Delilah’s irrational jealously when it comes to Lord Pepe.” He added, speaking about the niffler which lived at the Princeley home. He had learnt very early on to never leave them in the same room together.

“I needed to grab a few flies for her majesty. I was then going to try and find some of the heavy bricks we need for sixth year. My plan to just take care of magical creatures has failed. I think I am basically taking every subject I can now… apart from history and astronomy.”

Kat laughed.  Yes, it was no secret in Hufflepuff that Lady Delilah was a bit of a drama queen.  Even Igor Kitty found out when he tried to snuggle next to Kit on the sofa one day and the jealous toad inserted herself between her slave servant valet master and the cat.  Lady Delilah did not share well with others, especially when it came to Kit.

"Bricks?" Kat asked, confused for a moment before realizing what Kit meant and laughing.  "Oh they're not going to be that bad. . . are they?" she asked.  She had not been to the bookstore yet so she had no idea how thick the books would be -- yet.  "Come on then," she said, pointing to the entrance to Magical Menagerie.  "Let's get their supplies and we can head to the book shop together."