Weasley

Site News

Weasley

New "House" field in profiles and Ranks: Your house name will soon be moving from your Member Title (called Rank in your profile) to a new field in your profile (see my profile for an example - it doesn't show up if it's empty). For students, you'll still be able to see their house in the group name in post view.

They'll be replaced in their current location by Ranks, which will change as your post/content count increases. The mods have been hard at work for weeks assembling a loooooooong list of ranks. It's not a hierarchy, but has a specific theme which we hope you'll enjoy progressing through. 

They are visible already on accounts in the Member or Enrolled groups. 

Custom titles, staff titles, prefect and head girl titles will remain as they are. Only titles which say only your house name will be replaced with the rank list.

Egg

Are you interested in working for Ollivander's? Apply here!

Are you interested in writing for VH: A History ? Apply here!

Bring your friends! We've got brownies!

Scrimgeour

The Crossfire Classic Dueling Tournament

The logbooks for The Crossfire Classic Tournament have been posted in the Crossfire Club. Tournament information can be found through this link, and each logbook is linked below. If you want to register an adult to participate in the tournament, you can register your character and get a tag in this topic. Please feel free to PM myself, Undercliffe, or the officiators if you are feeling confused about this year's tournament rules, tiers, or the process for signing up. They are here to help! Have fun!

Apprentice Tier Logbook

Adept Tier Logbook

Expert Tier Logbook

Professional Tier Logbook

Brawler Tier Logbook

Weasley

The Sorting Hat is open for business once again! Tell your friends. ;)

Sorting Schedule:

Sorting Form appears: Thursday, October 5th

Sorting Form closes: Friday, November 3rd (No forms will be accepted after this date)

The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, November 5th, about 10am Central Time

You find out your new house: Sunday, November 5th, 11 am Central Time

First day of the new school year: Monday, November 6th

(For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)

Scrimgeour

With sorting just under a month away we're looking for a song for the Sorting Hat to sing on sorting night. If you've ever felt like you were actually a hat in your former life, or if you're just really good at rhyming and being clever, please PM your songs to me. For examples of previously selected works you can find them in the first post of previous years' sorting ceremony. Thank you!

Weasley

Students have all been advanced a year. It's entirely possible I made mistakes, so let me know if you find yourself in the wrong house or year or if anything else is amiss!

If you're a would be 6th year who finds themselves still in 5th year, you've most likely been held back because you have not yet passed an OWL. Please be sure you've completed an OWL with a passing grade and then contact me or Snape or a professor whose OWL you've taken and we can get you back in your correct year.

Weasley

*This year's Sorting is complete! Welcome to all our new students! Go to the Great Hall and find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you in the Sorting Ceremony, check in at the Sorting Feast, and then check out your new House Common Room. Classes begin tomorrow.

*Moderator Applications are open. You have til November 12th to submit an application.

*We need your help with VH: A History! You can post submissions for inclusion in the Vanishing Closet for VH34, VH35 and VH36.

Weasley

We're aware that AIM's impending doom has lead to some heated discussion about where people will gather to chat next. We have stayed out of this mostly, because we figure its mainly up to you how you contact each other off VH.  We don't particularly mind which wins out in the end, or whether both Discord or Trillian are used regularly, or something new comes along and leaves them in the dust. So WITHOUT STATING A PREFERENCE*....

Because there are so many Discord servers popping up, we thought it might be helpful to set up a central Discord server with channels for each house and a few other things. Check it out via the link in the Offsite VH menu or don't. Up to you!

The mods won't be able to actively and consistently moderate the server. It's mostly up to you guys to behave yourselves and keep things VH-appropriate. If serious issues arise, please contact us on VH. @Snape  set up the server, so you can poke him if there are issues with settings and stuff.

Also, I'll be adding profile fields for Discord and Trillian contact info later tonight. The MSN and AIM fields will disappear eventually (probably after AIM is officially deceased).

*lie. we sort of prefer trillian but discord's cool too

**Um, if that link expires, let me know

Weasley

Please welcome our new moderators: @Burke and @Vulpus <3

They'll be working on Social Media and Shops, respectively, plus other areas. A few things have been shuffled around. The Who's the Mod in Charge of...? topic and Staff Directory have been updated. 

Also a belated congratulations to Hufflepuff's new Head of House, Professor Qin!

Weasley

VHOT has been converted to Zetaboards and is back online.

There's still work to be done. 

Themes are... in progress/temporary. I've put up a couple that are fairly neutral and inoffensive, including a mobile one. 
Headers and images still to come.  Some day!

I've put up a topic there so you can talk about differences in the software. 

P.S. I'm very sorry it took so long. It really shouldn't have, but I wasn't feeling well this weekend and was working very slowly with long intervals in between. ><

Creaseworthy

The mods want to pick your brain about improving VH for new members! Check out our feedback form and discussion here. All are welcome.

Weasley

On 11/10/2017 at 3:42 PM, Weasley said:

Also, I'll be adding profile fields for Discord and Trillian contact info later tonight. The MSN and AIM fields will disappear eventually (probably after AIM is officially deceased).

This is done. MSN and AIM fields are gone. Trillian and Discord fields have been available since November. (They only show up if you've filled them in).

Also I'm aware of the issue with the "Quote, Edit" bar happening in Castle and Colour-Change. I'm looking into it. It's not because of any changes we've made to the theme (seems to be related to a recent Chrome update). Sorry for the inconvenience though! This is fixed.

Gagwilde

Hi everyone! The CCE rules thread has recently been updated. We've been working on this for a while and there are a few changes. Here's a quick changelog, but please have a read of the new thread if you are at all interested in CCE, including plots.

-- The plot section and list of off-canons have been changed to make it easier to see what is happening on the site right now. You will be able to find the full classic CCE lists in the Plot & Canon Character Archive in the Record Cabinet or by following the links in the rules thread.

-- Applications for off-canons are now open all year round and the rules on re-sorting after an off-canon have been relaxed. There is additional clarity about when you need to fill out an application form and when you only need to notify us a character will be sorting. You can now find the application forms in the CCE rules thread, at the bottom.

-- Special races, conditions and powers have some brief suggestions on things to include in your application, and the special powers/abilities section is more transparent about what is involved in the training if your application is accepted.

-- Small edits to application forms, such as reducing the word count requirement on RPs.

-- The FAQ has been updated.

Remember Auror applications are also open!

Weasley

The Sorting Form is open!

Sorting Schedule:

Sorting Form appears: Saturday, March 3rd

Sorting Form closes: Friday, April 6th (No forms will be accepted after this date)

The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, April 8th, about 10am Central Time

You find out your new house: Sunday, April 8th, 11 am Central Time

First day of the new school year: Monday, April 9th

(For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)

Undercliffe

VH has a new site-wide mentoring program!

Are you new to the site? VH mentoring is for you!

Are you returning after an absence and trying to find your feet on the site again? VH mentoring is for you!

Have you been around a while, but still find yourself wanting a little bit of help? VH mentoring is for you!

You may also want to ... 

Learn more about the mentoring program!

Apply to be a mentor!

Any questions? Feel free to PM Creaseworthy and Undercliffe. We're here to help! :wub: 

Creaseworthy

This year's VHRPC challenge will be closing on Monday, April 2! Get your entries in before then if you want to enter the prize raffle. <3

Burke

A reminder that apps for Triwizard Champions and delegates close on Saturday! If you are interested in applying, PM them to Burke and Creaseworthy as soon as possible.

---

Alumni, do you have a cool job? Boring job? Any job at all in this economy? Do you want a chance to be name-dropped in the Daily Prophet or Wizarding Wireless? Don’t forget to register your occupation in the Alumni Career Registry and give God-mod Permissions in the Alumni Center.

Vulpus

With a new year comes a new VHRPC! The challenge for VH37 has now been posted here on VHOT and is all about Foreign Relations. Fitting for the times, huh? Post and start tracking all the ways you incorporate the designated theme to your roleplays to participate in order to be eligible for prizes! This challenge will be open for all of VH37.

Weasley

Board Upgrade this week! So sorry for the short notice, but I've got to upgrade the software this week to get some new features in place that we need asap.

Expect a few hours of downtime coming up soon. I'm hoping I can do it Tuesday evening, but may not be ready til Wednesday or Thursday. I'll keep you updated and post a warning an hour before the site goes offline.

This came up kind of suddenly, so I haven't had as much time to prepare as usual. It may be a bit of a bumpy ride. 

I'll post more details in the Board Upgrade forum as soon as I can.

Weasley

And we're back! 

This upgrade is still technically IN PROGRESS, especially as far as the themes are concerned. There are several issues and new settings I'll be addressing over the coming days and weeks.

For updates and to report any problems, please visit the Board Upgrade forum.

Weasley

I've updated our privacy policy. I'm sure you've seen a lot of those recently. I strived to keep ours as brief and readable as possible, so please give it a read through.

If you're not inclined, I want to mention one thing included there which is a direct change to our previous policy. For various reasons, in the past we generally refused to delete people's accounts when asked.

To get in line with the EU's Right to be Forgotten, we're reversing that. We will delete any member's account promptly on request. Any identifying data such as your email address, IP address, and device information will be deleted. Any user content (posts, images, etc) existing on the board at the time of the request will remain, however it will become anonymous. Your username will be replaced with "Guest." 

Please note that account deletion is irreversible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.