• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   10/05/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Thursday, October 5th Sorting Form closes: Friday, November 3rd (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, November 5th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, November 5th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, November 6th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Atlas Wyrmwort

I don't make friends, I make minions.

15 posts in this topic

Atlas had been going on for probably fifteen minutes strong about the terrible child abuse his mother put him through by forcing him to come to pre-Hogwarts primary. A baby school. That's what this all was. A day care center for babies who don't come from magical walks of life and... I mean, let's be completely honest. Everyone in Atlas's neighbourhood KNOW about muggle tooties. It was a specific strand of the cooties that plagued muggle kin like fleas on a stray dog. It was part of the reason he started up the children neighborhood watch to patrol their streets and make sure to keep any tootie viruses under wraps. 

You can thank him later.

Anyways, it was sometime around then when Red excused himself to find a loo and Atlas was trapped in the middle of Crystal Fountain Park all by himself. By the time he realized the gravity of the situation... It was too late. He was quickly calculating the gravitational pull of his surroundings to realize Red had off-put his magnetic fields meaning THERE WAS AN OPENING RIGHT NEXT TO HIM FOR SOME STRANGER TOOTIE-RIDDEN DIRT-EATING KID TO PULL UP NEXT TO HIM SINCE HE LOOKED LIKE HE WAS ALONE AND NOT BUSY DOING SOMETHING.

QUICK! QUICK ATLAS. DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING SO YOU LOOK BUSY AND NOBODY WILL BOTHER YOU.

The boy pivoted onto his back leg and darted for the closest bush, trying to jump behind it in one heroic fell swoop. And as he flew through the air like a majestic hippogriff he began to congratulate himself on his quick thinking and heroic calculations that saved him from having to interact with any - "OH MERLIN IT'S SO SHARP. STABBED. I'VE BEEN STABBED. MAN HIT. MAN HIT I'M DOWN. RED. RED TAKE CARE OF ME MUM." He screeched as he quickly tried to stand up and roll out of the bush he landed body-first into. He couldn't. He was sticking out feet-first, the rest of his body completely engulfed in... You know... Bush.

Edited by Atlas Wyrmwort

Rocket had taken it on himself to personally explore the grounds. Curiosity had gotten the better of him and even though there really wasn't much to actually look around at, he was sure that he would find something. A small something to entertain him. He was utterly bored out of his mind and the lessons only made him feel more and  more deprived of all the things he could be doing but couldn't yet. They waved the glorious idea of Muggle Studies right in front of his face and then snatched it away. Third year? He had to wait ages for that! The very thought fuelled him with anger as he stormed through to the Crystal Fountain Park, notebook under his arm. 

He had been so caught up in his own thoughts that only the yelling of, god knows who, snatched him out of them. He squinted, scanning the area to find the source of it, only to be greeted by the sight of a bush...with a pair of feet sticking straight out of it. Rocket didn't know exactly what it was that compelled him to want to run over to the bush, but he ran towards it regardless. He cocked his head to the side, out of utter confusion once he had reached it, catching his breath. He sure hoped this wasn't some sort of magical bush.

"Hey!" He yelled, naturally out of the thought that the other might not be able to hear him so well from within the bush.  "What in the world happened? Why are you in a bush!" 

Edited by Rocket Jung

OhMerlinNo. Someone was there. Someone got swept up by his gravitational pull because SOMEONE failed at their job of STAYING BY ATLAS'S SIDE SO HE LOOKED BUSY 100% OF THE TIME. coughRIDDIKcough. The voice was a male, asking why in Merlin's name he had been stuck in a bush. Oh no. How do you tell someone you tried to leap over a bush and failed halfway through, landing head-first into the thing? Oh. Right. He knew how.

"It's an enchanted bush!" Atlas quickly decided. "It's crazy stay back! It grabbed me and tore me in out of nowhere!" What on earth was Atlas saying nobody would ever believe this. "I think there are dark wizards nearby controlling and manipulating the - ugh - plants." He muttered, grunting as he tried to push his arms out against one of the slim branches so he could lift himself up. It ended up snapping under his weight, causing his arms to land against the dirt as he got sucked in slightly further. 

"You a mud blood or wizard?" Atlas called out from the bush at the voice that was near to him. He would rather die than contract tooties from a muggle. He wouldn't go within arms reach of a muggle if you played him 10 galleons all at once for it! "If you're a mud blood run now! You won't stand a chance against an evil wizard that's gone rogue. I've seen them explode a whole building in seconds with nothing but the flick of their wrist." 

Honestly. Five minutes away and Atlas had already flown the coop. Probably curled up under a bench somewhere, shaking and crying, so sad and so scared to be left alone without his best friend, protector, and obviously the best wizard ever - Riddik. Red for short. The boy was trotting back from the bathroom, roughly wiping his damp hands on the thighs of his pants, freckled mug looking this way and that for his partner in crime. Where had Atlas gone?? He scanned the area, glossing over most everyone until he spotted a peculiar sight. A kid talking to... a pair of legs... sticking out of a bush? Weird. Did bushes often grow legs? Uncle Roman would know. He knew all about magical plants but, sadly, Red knew very little. So he couldn't say for certain that it was or was not a magical, legged bush. Although those legs DID look awfully familiar, now that he was looking at them...

"You a mud blood or a wizard?"

ohNO HE WAS TRAPPED. THAT WAS ATLAS AND HE WAS GONNA GET TOOTIES. Quickly, Atlas bolted over, immediately jumping in between the dangerous unknown and his poor, helpless, desperate best friend, holding out his arms and putting on his best authorative voice, doing his darndest to sound like his pap did when he was mad.

"STAY BACK! It's dangerous!!" He warned, catching the last part of what Atlas had been saying and rolling with it. "These bushes have been tampered with by, uh... dark magic! You better let the professionals handle it!" And by 'professionals' of course, he meant himself. Quickly he turned around, grabbing one of Atlas' exposed ankles and yanking back as hard as he could, with a childs regard as to how his friend might be stuck, or what branches might poke or scratch him - which is to say, no regard for any of that at all.

Rocket's head moved in various directions of the Fountain park, checking his surroundings for the 'dark wizards' the bush - the two were practically one force now - had been talking about. As much as he had wanted to believe the source of the voice, he couldn't bring himself to do it. "You're kidding me right?" He asked, or more so yelled, very sceptically. He then cocked his head to the side at the other's question. It was at that moment the pair of feet sunk deeper into the bush. Out of nothing more than pure reflex, Rocket quickly backed away. A huffy laugh escaped from his lips as he tried to process what exactly was going on in front of him. He couldn't pretend that it wasn't ridiculously entertaining. "I'm a wizard!" He quickly answered, wondering why, of all times, such a question was relevant. His raised eyebrow, not that the boy could see, indicated so.

Before he could even contemplate or begin to comprehend what was going on, Rocket heard the sound of rushed footsteps pattering towards him. He immediately snapped his head around to see a kid who was running towards him at immense speed. "Waaah!" He yelled out a useless muffled sound as the other kid jumped between the bush and himself. Rocket backed away once again and looked around the pretty calm area. He still wasn't buying the dark wizards or magic.

"Uh, do you need help?" Rocket asked as he watched the other boy yank at one of the feet. He set his notebook down and rolled up the sleeves of his robes. "I've done this before with my uncle's dog Blaze," Rocket smiled, his dimples appearing along with it.

Edited by Rocket Jung

He couldn't help himself, after hearing the term Mudblood. 

Simon had been a bystander, completely entertained by the happenings in front of him. The only thing that could have made things better, popcorn. At this point he would have settled for any type of food to be honest though. He had watched the blond boys failed attempt to jump over the bush, and then another try to help... and another... This seemed like the beginning of a bad bar joke or a one of those muggle light bulb jokes. How many wizards does it take to get a wizard out of a bush?

Something like that.

After a few minutes, Simon decided that he needed to say something... and he could possibly lend a hand. There was no way only two eleven year olds could pull out another. "You're not supposed to say that... it's mean." he stated, not asking if he could help, just simply worming his way in. One had his ankles, and the other was undecided. Simon figured he could pull by his belt loops, or perhaps his t-shirt. T-shirt would be less risky. but a rather crappy grip. He would probably end up ripping the shirt and not helping at all. He grabbed on the belt loops, hoping to dear Merlin that this boy wore appropriately sized pants and they wouldn't just... y'know.

"About the blood, I mean.... We can keep the bit about the bush being cursed though. That's pretty funny." he added as an afterthought. "Everybody pull on three, ya? One.... twoooo.... three!" Simon commanded and began pulling back... I mean, something was definitely moving.

Edited by Simon Reed

"You're kidding me, right?" The boy asked as Atlas learned very quickly that the more he struggled, the worse things were getting for him. Branches engulfed him and Atlas found that leaves were not trying to flip their way past his lips and cover his tongue in ick. Just as Atlas decided to admit defeat and hate himself forever for the embarrassing situation, Red came flying back in like the hero he was. His one and only savior. 

"YOU BLOODY - PHOOEY - SLOW ARSE." Atlas screamed, immediately hearing his mother's voice off in the distance screaming "Language!" like she always did when the 11-year-old let a curse escape his lips. It was a habit at this point, even the boy started lecturing other's when they said something inappropriate. 

"You're not supposed to say that... It's mean." Some moron decided to wander over and lecture them on tootie infested muggles. Atlas shifted very carefully, trying to get one of his arms out of the bush, but he found the less he took support off his arm, the more likely he was to sink deeper into the bushes. Instead, he remained very still as he tried to call out:

"THIS ISN'T A SPECTATOR SPORT GET - PHAAUHHH - OUTTA HERE YA BLOKES." He was hacking up the bush's foliage the second he opened his mouth. "It's not funny!" He quickly made sure to add as he shifted his head and felt his hat get sucked off by the branches near his face. Although they didn't leave. The other boy didn't think it was a spectator sport because he tagged in to play. Atlas's eyes went wide as he felt hands digging into his body and suddenly the awful sensation of people yanking at his body as though they could ungracefully rip him straight from the bushes without causing a terrible amount of damage to Atlas.

"WAIT WAIT." He screamed as he suddenly realized one of them was clinging onto his belt loop. One tug caused them to sag. "OI OI." He screeched. Two tugs caused them to slip. "JGIORAJGIORE!" Atlas screamed bloody murder. Three tugs caused his pants to go flying down around his ankles as they snapped backward leaving his poor little noodle legs exposed for all to see. Atlas's eyes went wide. Like wide enough to allow a number of branches to stick against the whites of those blue orbs as the sudden PTSD of the situation fell into the pit of his stomach. 

Don't make a noise. Don't make a noise and don't make a sound and don't draw attention to yourself. Don't get out of the bushes. Die here. You have to die here there is no other option. OH MERLIN WHICH PANTS HAD MUM LAID OUT FOR ME TODAY? 

Of course, she just had to pick today to give Atlas his poke-a-dot undies

Red folded his arms, huffing when his best friend berated him for taking his sweet time coming back from the bathroom. What did the guy expect?

"Oi, shut it! I had ta tinkle! Hup-!" He yanked on Atlas' ankle, feeling like he was doing a pretty fair job of pulling him back himself. The stranger who was clearly trying to infect his best friend in the world with some malicious strain of tooties offered to help, comparing the situation to something with a dog. That made him pause in his yanking of his best buddy's legs, eyes lighting up. "Oh! I love dogs!! I had a- er, wait! No! I said leave it to the' professionals! Civilians oughta stand back!" He waved a hand impatiently, frowning even deeper when yet another bystander was drawn in by the scene.

"Oi, hey! Whaddaya think yer doin!?" He barked at the new kid who just waltzed right up and started grabbing HIS best friend. Immediately, irrationally, he felt jealous. Oh THAT was how it was, eh??? Gonna try and rescue Atlas yourself and get all the glory and become his new best friend, huh?? WELL NOT TODAY, PAL. Puffing out his cheeks angrily, he didn't exactly work WITH the newcomer, but he did happen to pull at the same time. Of course, when Atlas' pants slipped, he lost his balance, tumbling back and landing on his butt.

"Oof-!! Stupid, I said ta let the professionals handle it!" He yapped angrily, rubbing his back before looking up to see Atlas but, all polka dotted with his pants drooped around his calves. Red blinked, staring for a moment before bursting out laughing, clutching at his stomach and kicking his legs in the air,cackling gleefully, even pointing a finger at his friends exposed butt as he rolled on the ground.

"Baaahahahahahah!!!"

The scene before Rocket was evolving into utter chaos and he couldn't help the smile that tugged at the corner of his lips as he heard the boy in the bush cursing at he other yanking at his leg. He rolled his eyes, knowing full well it required much more than one person to pull the boy out of the bush. As the other boy's muffled yells filled the air, Rocket clenched his teeth tight, one eye screwed shut and his ear cocked against his shoulder. He imagined the amount of pain the other was going through - so much so that Rocket felt as if he himself was the one being yanked away at. "I really think you should slow down there-" He tried to advise but was interrupted by yet another boy.

"You're not supposed to say that... it's mean."  He heard him say as he latched onto the boy in the bush's belt. Acting upon the new bystander's orders, Rocket chuckled to himself as he strolled up to the boy's exposed and free ankle. He then grabbed it - sympathetically of course. He seems to have the right idea, Rocket thought as he pulled on the count of three. His eyes were screwed shut the whole time as he put as much strength into yanking the boy out of the bush. The sight which greeted him next was something he had not expected at all. This was definitely a dinner table kind of story and you bet he was going to tell his mother and father as soon as he had got home.

The boy's entire legs were exposed and all Rocket could focus on were the brightly coloured rainbow polka dot undies. His eyes widened and honestly, for a moment, he tried to hold in his laughter out of kindness. As soon as he heard the other burst out laughing, he caved into a fit of giggles. "Does anyone have a camera by any chance?" He chuckled away.

What. A. Drama. Queen.

Both of them.

The other bloke, the Asian one, he seemed to be alright and unaffiliated with the aforementioned drama queens. "I'm trying to help." he stated, and although he was being questioned, everybody seemed to pull at the end of his count. Simon didn't think anything of the squeals and shouts, he just figured that 'bush boy' was over-exaggerating and only slightly uncomfortable. He didn't doubt that being in a bush would be uncomfortable. His exertion caused him to clench his eyes closed as he pulled with all his might on the belt loops, he didn't realized that what he was succeeding in was a major wardrobe malfunction. A swift tug brought both Simon and Drama Queen #2 stumbling back. Simon managed to gain his balance after a few steps, but DQ #2 fell backwards.

"Are you okay?" he offered, only to noticed that his anger had turned into incontrollable laughter. This was turning out to be a rather odd day... Simon started to scratch his head, and slowly turned back to DQ #1. "Oh dear Merlin.... " he uttered as he laid his eyes on the most colorful underwear in the world. As instinct his hand slowly covered his mouth as he tried to contain his shock as well as snorts and giggles. This was all too much, so Simon succumb to his natural instincts and joined in the laughing. His other hand clutched his stomach, and his eyes began to water with tears of laughter.

"I'm *pause full of laughter* ... sooo ... *cue more unapologetic laughs* sorry!" he managed between chortles.

Edited by Simon Reed

There's a moment in every man's life when you realize your best friend is the worst person on the face of the planet. Some are big men and accept other people's flaws with grace and understanding... Then there are other's who build a grudge the size of a troll and let that anger fester in the deepest depths of their soul as they plan their revenge. 

But Atlas?

Oh, no. Don't be ridiculous. He was neither of those extremes. The kid obviously fell somewhere between the two. He huffed and puffed, trying his hardest not to start balling from the absolute humiliation. WHY WASN'T RED SUPPORTING HIM? WHY WASN'T SOMEONE GRABBING HIS KECKS AND YANKING THEM BACK UP HIS HIPS? Atlas began to squirm and thrash about, tearing himself along the bushes as he flopped and flailed about like a giant squid out of water.

By the time Atlas was rolling out of the bushes he was using his scraped up arms to rip for the edges of his kecks. He thrust his hips up into the air, yanking the loops near the top of his pants to yank them back over his undies. "THESE AREN'T MINE I-" Not his!? What in Merlin's name would they think of him if he was wearing other people's undies!? "-MY MUM NEEDED TO SEE IF THE FABRIC WAS GOOD FOR A SHIRT SHE WANTED TO BUY I'M JUST TESTING IT." Yeah. Better.

Word vomit.

It poured from his lips violently projecting all over the ickles surrounding him. "RED TELL THEM." He screamed out pointing at the bystanders. Atlas had to regain his pride. He had to prove to them that he wasn't some weirdo that will be known at Atlass for the rest of his years at Hogwarts. "TELL THEM." Tell them something at the very least. Atlas was drawing a blank. 

Despite it being arguably one of the funniest things Red had yet witnessed in his young lift, his laughing subsided when he heard someone ELSE laughing at Atlas. Hey, didn't they know that only HE was allowed to do that?? Other people getting a kick out of it made it infinitely less funny. Other people were supposed to be concerned, show some darn compassion. RED was the only one who got to be a jerk about it, as the best friend.

"Does anyone have a camera by any chance?"

"OI." Red barked loudly, flipping straight from giggling to scowling in an instant. He pointed a stern finger at the kid talking about cameras, the way his Pap pointed at him when he knew he'd done wrong. "No one's snapping any pictures! Now the botha you shut it! Ya ain't supposed ta laugh at my boy!" He stood with a huff, moving to stand in front of Atlas as he yanked his clothes back on. He shot a dirty look at the other kid who'd been the clever one to grab hold of Atlas' pants in the first place, making sure to remember who it was. He raised his eyebrows, however, when Atlas started yelling about how his underwear wasn't his - it was mother... testing for a shirt? That was weird. Why would she...?

"RED TELL THEM."

"Huh? Tell 'em wha-"

oh, wait. Oh. OOOHHH. He finally caught on, holding up a finger. "Uuuhh.... rrright! Yeah, his mum was real excited about it! But she hadta make sure it was ngood stuff first. Yanno, coz if it looks good on your butt, it'll look good anywhere!" he waggled his finger "Everyone knows that! In fact, uuuhh... myy... Pap is doing it too! See?" And with the determination that ONLY A BEST FRIEND could muster, Red boldly yanked down his own shorts, planting his little fists firmly on his hips. Even as his cheeks colored red beneath his freckles, he puffed out his chest, acting as proud as he possibly could with his little sky blue undies on. His weren't nearly so loud as Atlas', but it was the thought that counted, right? Although his did have a few little yellow stars patterning it. Red cleared his throat, awkward. "S-see? Everyone's doing it!"

Rocket couldn't help it. He kept on laughing for quite a while and it only filtered out into small noises coming from his throat once the boy with uniquely coloured eyes pointed his finger at him and lectured him. It was hard to understand exactly why, but it made him want to laugh even more. Out of respect, though, Rocket decided to at least attempt to hold it in for the moment. He was sure that mental image was going to stick with him for a long time to come. He had plenty of time to laugh later.

"Are you ok-" He began to ask but was interrupted once again. The bush ridden boy looked like he had been through hell and back thanks to that bush. Rocket couldn't help but feel a little bad for him. However that feeling did not last very long when he heard the boy begin to make up more excuses and the other chime in. As if the 'dark wizards' hadn't been enough, now it was 'testing materials'. Rocket listened on anyway, with an eyebrow raised. He was curious to see what would happen next. It certainly did not disappoint. His eyes widened as he saw the boy with the unique eye's hands move towards his pants. Oh no.

Any instinct to spare hurt feelings were thrown out the window once again as Rocket began to chuckle at the sight of more undies. They certainly as ridiculous as the other pair, but the gesture was equally as amusing. "By everyone, d'you mean only you two?" Rocket asked between chuckles, "Because I'm sure as heck not doing it!". He didn't think the situation could escalate any further than it already had. But he had sure been proven wrong. Rocket had gone in search of something to entertain himself and he'd definitely found it.

Edited by Rocket Jung

Atlas was plucky, he had to give him that. Amidst all the happenings, the blond somehow managed to worm his way out of the bush, he was probably scraped up a lot more than he would have been if he had waited for everybody else to gain their composure and decided to help again... but who knows how long that would have taken them? His friend having snapped out of his laughing fit after hearing threats of pictures stood up and was protectively trying to shield Atlas from further embarrassment. Simon had settled down long enough to listen to what Atlas had to say, the boy was rather riled up, which totally made sense under the circumstances. Once his mouth was open, it seemed to just run on auto pilot. 

Simon had been right about one thing though, well two. He was a drama queen... and now a confirmed fibber. "Wait... What the...?" he questioned biting his lip, hoping to hold back another laugh, he was clearly confused at what the blond boy meant. He was wearing his moms underwear? No-no... he was testing out fabric? Simon backed away half a step after he had asked 'Red' to pipe in. He turned to the Asian to see if he was buying any of this, and noted that he was just as sane as he was.

PHEW. These two friends were cut from the same cloth... XD.

That's when it happened. Red went along with it, and he even went as far as to join his pant-less friend. Willingly. Simon's face was immediately met with both of his palms, covering for a mere second before he spread his fingers slightly to make sure that this was in fact happening. "What in the hell!?" he groaned from behind his hands. What kind of brotherhood was this? Simon would have never done something like this... but then again he didn't really have a best friend to do it for. This was kind of brave in a sense, or stupid. He couldn't compute. "Lets get one thing straight... I'm not pulling my pants down." he said, hoping that they would take a hint and they could move on. Hopefully this would turn into a funny anecdote, only to be revived amongst each other.

Sometimes you forget the people you know most. It doesn't have to be on purpose, of course. Over time you just aren't placed in the situations you need to be in order to remember where their alliance lies and what they'll do for any given situation. Riddik though? Well, surely the bloke bled red as the Gryffindor crest when he heroically began barking at the other children and tore his pants down as though they had caught fire. 

Not a drop of hesitation. Not a wink of regret as he stood there tall as the bush that had tried to swallow Atlas whole. 

"Red!" Atlas shrieked as though he didn't want this. Some piece was so flattered and inspired while the other was so disgusted and horrified. Look what you made him do! Atlas could only think as he charged forward and threw himself near Red's legs to cover the boy's undies. Alas, it was too late. The damage was done. Red just made a fool of himself for Atlas's sake. 

"By everyone, d'you mean only you two?" The first snot-nosed brat asked as he chuckled away at Atlas and Red. No. No this wasn't right. This wasn't how it was supposed to be at all. Instinctively, the other boy (Simon) joined in rejoicing about how he didn't plan on joining their little circus either. They were wrong. Atlas couldn't let Red's loyalty go unmatched or he would change his name to Atlarse without hesitation. So he stood trying to match that red color pumping through Red's veins. 

"No, he meant everyone ." Except there was something dark in his tone. Something dark as he took a step forward through that deep green grass that clung to his shoes. "Starting. With. You!" He dashed forward trying to slam his palms against Simon's arm so he could get a good grip. "You'll never see those pants again!" And as the struggle began, Atlas didn't recognize the green color trying to pump through his veins. The boy still had yet to learn the difference between standing up for a friend and taking things too far.