• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   10/05/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Thursday, October 5th Sorting Form closes: Friday, November 3rd (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, November 5th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, November 5th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, November 6th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Rocket Jung

Jung, Rocket

11 posts in this topic

I, Rocket Jung, have read the Rules & Guidelines.

Name: Rocket Jung
Blood Status: Pureblood
Are you new to VH? (Yes/No): Yes
What do you want to learn the most from this school? (in character): Everything, anything.
What do you want to learn the most from this school? (out of character): Development, writing, plotting, making new friends - the whole lot.
A few things your character likes doing in his/her free time: Visiting the muggle world, going through the barriers at the train station, playing with computers/using the internet. Doing anything related to muggles and their technology really.

Edited by Rocket Jung

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson One

Workbook has been started.

Extra Credit:

Rocket sat on the sofa with his acceptance letter in his hands and a frown on his face. All he could think about was how excited all his friends were, how he heard his mother and his friends' mothers go on about which houses they all thought their children would be sorted into, how his father thought it was slytherin and his mother ravenclaw. Himself? Not so much. Rocket had his mind set on other things. Muggles.

"What's the frown for, my little rockstar?" A soft and familiar voice interrupted his thoughts. He was greeted by her usual smile as she bent over and wrapped a scarf around his neck, fiddling with it to make sure it was on him just right. They were going on a trip to Diagon Alley that day and his mother always liked to make sure he couldn't move before they left. She said it was to keep him warm but Rocket thought it was to stop him from running off on his own. "Do I really have to go to Hogwarts mum?" He whined, his frown growing ever more. "Of course! How are you ever going to learn about magic?" She smoothed over his hair and took his face in her hands. 

Rocky sighed and held the letter up to his mothers' face. "Look at this!" He exclaimed angrily, "This is all wrong! I was meant to be a squib and become a lawyer!" He further exclaimed as he shook the letter around furiously which caused his mother to back away from its wrath. She took the letter out of his hands and put it down beside him. "Oh come on Rocky. Where's your sense of adventure?" She asked as she playfully ruffled his hair.

Rocky crossed his arms, high up against his neck. The higher up his arms were, the more refusal and anger they signified. His mother knew that getting him to Diagon Alley, of all places, was going to be difficult task today. He hopped off the sofa and ran off into the corridor to sulk. He knew when his mother brought up 'adventure' it meant she wasn't going to budge. He stormed back in, peeking over the door frame of the living room. "How dare you! Lawyers are adventurous mother!" He whined - this time with a stomp to punctuate the end of his sentence - and ran off.

Edited by Rocket Jung

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson Two

Rocket Jung

Pre-Hogwarts Primary, VH36

His Uncle, also a muggle fanatic, named him 'Rocket' due to his obsession with rockets.

Extra Credit:

Dear Chi,

Thank god you finally get it! Breaking into the broom shed sounds like a great plan. I can't stand how magical this place is but they don't let us do anything! I just want to go back home and see more of the muggle world with my uncle! He understands me. Not like these professors. I've been trying to come up with a master plan to escape for a few days now and it is NOT working out right at all. There's no chance I'll be able to make a polyjuice potion. Like ever. Oh, so you need me to help you into the shed? How about you stop calling me a giraffe first! I wanna be a muggle, not an animal! But hey, if it means getting out of here, I'll give you a boost up into the shed. Place and time and I'll be ready to go.

- Rocky Balboa (You know, its a muggle film about a former boxer who gets back in the ring to fight and gets caught up fighting a heavy weight champion. Like me of course.)

Edited by Rocket Jung

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson Three

Eccentric - The magical world is not as appealing to Rocket as it should normally be to a young wizard. He feels that he does not fit in and is much more interested in muggles and their world. He has a strange sort of affection for muggles thanks to his uncle. Because of this, his behaviour and beliefs are pretty unusual and unconventional from that of his friends.
Curious - Rocket has a natural inclination to question things, to know exactly how they work, and why. If he wants to know something, he is sure to ask or find out on his own. His quest for answers or knowledge are very rarely driven by ambition. If it is, this is most likely because it is for and to help a friend in need.
Dramatic -  Blowing things out of proportion is all Rocket has ever known. He tends to take the smallest of things too hard and reacts in the most hyperbolic fashion. If Rocket isn't throwing an over the top tantrum, is he even Rocket?
Perfectionist - It can be called an obsession, and it almost is, when Rocket doesn't settle for anything he produces. Everything he does or encounters has to be up to his own certain standard and done in his own specific way. If it is not? He'll redo everything again until he is happy with it.
Cheeky - Rocket tends to say things that come off as rude and impolite and he even he himself knows it. So as to avoid the consequences, he says these things in ways that are playful and impish. He finds that this is the best way to away with almost anything. As long as everything followed by a little smile and a shrug, Rocket figures he is cute.

Extra Credit:

Rocket walked along the pavement with his hand in his uncle's. His father had just about enough of the constant trips to the park and his uncle Baxter was more than happy to take him that day. Rocket furrowed his eyebrows as he heard his uncle go on and on about his job at the Werewolf Capture Unit. He truly wondered why his uncle was in such a profession. It didn't seem to fit him at all. 

"Uncle Baxter. I just don't understand why you don't work at the Ministry dealing with muggles!" He complained, his lip curled up in disapproval. His uncle tutted and shook his head, "Muggles are interesting but they're definitely not as interesting as Werewolves!" 

"Werewolves? Why are they so interesting?" He asked, looking up at his uncle.

"They are shapeshifters. Humans by day, wolves by night!" He enthusiastically shouted, and then realised that he probably shouldn't be shouting something like that around muggles. "You see, they're quite uncontrollable. Makes the job even more fun!" He spoke in a hushed tone.

"Uncontrollable?" Rocket gasped, gripping his uncles hand tighter and looking around cautiously. 

"Mhmm," He began to tease the young boy, "Don't let them bite, or you'll become one too!" He began to chuckle, tapping Rocket on the back to frighten him. 

"AHH!" Rocket yelled, letting go of his uncles hand and running off down the hill of the park, "MUM! MUM! MUM! MUM!" 

Edited by Rocket Jung

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson Four

The Basics:
Name: Rocket Minseok Jung
House: ----
Birthday: 25/04/2026
Hometown: London
Pureblood/half blood/muggle born: Pureblood 
Five words that best describe your character: Eccentric, curious, dramatic, perfectionist, cheeky

Appearance:
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Short, ragged
Eye color: Dark Brown
Height: 5"4 (still growing)
Other distinguishing details: Dimples in both cheeks, tall

XwqMRsK.png

Family:
Father's name: Cosmo Jung
Brief description (occupation, blood, etc): Magical Architect | Pureblood
Mother's name: Beatrix Jung
Brief description (occupation, blood, etc): Herbologist | Pureblood
Siblings (names and descriptions): 
- Radia | Sister | 5 years (twin)
- Radar | Brother | 5 years (twin)
Other key family members: 
- Baxter Jung | Uncle | Werewolf Capture Unit

Extra Credit: 

image.png

Edited by Rocket Jung

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson Five

Rocket had taken it on himself to personally explore the grounds. Curiosity had gotten the better of him and even though there really wasn't much to actually look around at, he was sure that he would find something. A small something to entertain him. He was utterly bored out of his mind and the lessons only made him feel more and  more deprived of all the things he could be doing but couldn't yet. They waved the glorious idea of Muggle Studies right in front of his face and then snatched it away. Third year? He had to wait ages for that! The very thought fuelled him with anger as he stormed through to the Crystal Fountain Park, notebook under his arm. 

He had been so caught up in his own thoughts that only the yelling of, god knows who, snatched him out of them. He squinted, scanning the area to find the source of it, only to be greeted by the sight of a bush...with a pair of feet sticking straight out of it. Rocket didn't know exactly what it was that compelled him to want to run over to the bush, but he ran towards it regardless. He cocked his head to the side, out of utter confusion once he had reached it, catching his breath. He sure hoped this wasn't some sort of magical bush.

"Hey!" He yelled, naturally out of the thought that the other might not be able to hear him so well from within the bush.  "What in the world happened? Why are you in a bush!" 

Extra Credit:

Joined an open thread someone else has announced.

Edited by Rocket Jung

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson Six

Bank & Shop unavailable.

"Mum! Mum! Mum!" Rocket shouted out excitedly as soon as he walked through the front door of his house with a large, grumpy looking, rag doll cat curled up in his arms. It hadn't looked so pleased being squashed up in the uncomfortable space of a ten year old's arms. His dad followed behind him, shutting the door. "Rocky! I told you to put him down!" He rolled his eyes as he began to take his scarf off, hoping that his son will finally let go of the cat. He had been coddling him the whole way home. Rocket looked up excitedly as his mother approached the two from the kitchen, bending down and ruffling his hair once she reached him. "Rocky, sweetie!" she exclaimed, giving him small peck on the cheek. A trail of happy laughter poured out of Rocket's mouth as he looked down at the cat in his arms. He couldn't help how extremely excited he was and decided that he would give his new pet a kiss too.

It wasn't long before he immediately regretted that decision. Rocket's eyebrows quickly furrowed as he spluttered out the fur that he had inhaled. "Ew!" He whined, a long extended whine, with his eyes scrunched shut. "Gross!" He stuck his tongue out and moved his head as far away from the cat as possible. He did love him, of course. Just not his extremely long fur going into his mouth and up his nose. His father chuckled as he shook his head. "This is Blaze." He gestured at the rag doll cat.

"Why'd you choose him, Rocky?" His mother asked inquisitively.

"Because he coughed up a magical fur ball." He answered with a simple shrug and a naive smile.

Extra Credit:

Rocket watched as his classmates ran up to the double-ended newt with enthusiasm. As with most things, he sure wasn't so excited about it. Magical creatures sent shivers up his spine. They were only things he had seen in movies. To see one moving, real, alive, right in front of his very own eyes really freaked him out. "Yeah, I think I'll pass on the newt..." he mumbled softly to himself, his teeth clenched and shoulders poised like a wary cat as he slowly backed away. Instead he turned his attention to Pancake, Mrs Blithe's miniature pig. Now Pancake was cute. Pancake looked a lot less intimidating, less scary. Rocket smiled his usual big and goofy smile as he slowly approached Pancake. He wasn't sure how to interact with a pig. He'd only ever played with his uncle Baxter's pet dog. 

So without so much as a clue, Rocket bent down on his knees and put his hand out for Pancake to sniff, not even sure if he'd even approach him with his eyes scrunched shut and teeth clenched tight. Much to his surprise, he felt Pancake's soft snout rub gently against his hand. Rocket opened one of his eyes slowly, and then his other followed. A smile spread across his features once again as he began to pet Pancake with much less caution. "Much better than a Peanut Butter and Jelly, aren't you Pancake?" He cooed.

Edited by Rocket Jung

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson Seven

For Rocket, Muggle Studies is a no-brainer. Every time he visits his uncle Baxter's house, he gets to see and touch all of his muggle memorabilia. For him, an iPad seems more magical than a Hippogriff (that and he's hooked on Candy Crush). Thanks to uncle Baxter, Rocket's been begging his mother for an iPad for years and forcing his father to take him on train rides around London practically all the time. Rocket clearly has a dying need to fuel his obsession with muggles and their world and Muggle Studies will surely do the job. Another elective he'd be really interested in is Divination. It is the only other elective which has a strong sense of mystery behind it. A mystery that curious little Rocket is more than ready to delve into and figure out. Foreseeing the future? Yes please.

Extra Credit:

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson Seven

Rocket hadn't gotten much sleep the night before and it was becoming more and more obvious as his head lulled up and down as he tried to keep himself awake during the lesson. He sure didn't want to get into any trouble and falling asleep in class was one way to do that. But his head just naturally and gradually began to move closer and closer towards his desk. That was until he heard the mention of Muggle Studies. "Muggles!" He gasped, shooting up from his near desk slouch. He covered his mouth, his cheeks turning red from the embarrassment. 

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson Eight

Duelling and House Events look super exciting. I've never experienced anything like this before when rping so I'm really looking forward to them! They both seem like very hands on opportunities for development as well as just all round fun. Rocket may be obsessed with muggles at the moment, but once he gets to Hogwarts I can already see him being obsessed with Duelling and House Events because he loves attention to detail and being a little perfectionist.

Extra Credit:

Rocket's father had taken him to lots of Quidditch matches. But he had never really anticipated that one day he may be able to play it himself. His mouth formed an 'o' shape, fascinated as he heard more about the other activities he could take part in. That surprise and intrigue, however, disappeared as soon as he heard the mention of dodgeball. His eyes widened, scared for his life. 

It wasn't long before Rocket was screaming bloody murder, running away from every ball that came his way.

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Lesson Nine

Having developed Rocket throughout the workbook, I feel as if he is going to end up in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Originally I had intended different, probably Slytherin, however now I see that he does not belong there now as much as he does either of those houses. I've learned that he is super curious and seeks answers. Knowledge is something he is always actively trying to find (whether its about the magical world or not). He doesn't necessarily need to, he just intuitively chooses to. Rocket is also really eccentric, an odd little wizard. He thinks differently to others, quite out of the box, so I feel as if he just fits into the creative and intelligent nature of a Ravenclaw. However his need to be kind and affectionate is very much Hufflepuff like. Whichever it is, I'm sure he belongs there. We'll see!

Extra Credit:

Rocket had been in a rush to get to the great hall, fearing he'd be late for the sorting ceremony. He had gotten so caught up in unpacking his things that he had completely lost track of time. He waited for the moving staircases to click back into place before he quickly ran across them. Now those were something he would probably not ever get used to. They were efficient as much as they were a complete death trap for someone as clumsy as he was.

After reaching the bottom of the stairs, he prepared his best power walk - so as to not look uncool and flustered by running in front of the older students - and began striding towards the doors. That was until he heard the sound of feet hitting the ground repeatedly. He looked over to his left to see another first year, jumping up at their shoes which had been tied up to the frame of a torch. He already knew what he had to do.

Rocket approached the other boy. "Need some help?" He asked followed by a smile. The other boy nodded. For his age, Rocket was extremely tall. His friends always teased him about his height. He had heard all the names in the book - 'giraffe' being one of them. It was times like this that his height became helpful. Rocket reached up and untied the shoelaces which were used to string them up. It was an extremely fiddly job. Once he untied him, he caught them and handed them over to the stranger. "There you go! Now we can get sorted!" He smiled, but was extremely nervous on the inside.

Edited by Rocket Jung

[VH36] Rocket Jung

PHP Workbook complete

Assignments: 9/9

Extra Credit: 9/9